The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Scribblenauts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 4:16 am

Played this little game recently and I must say it's a lot of fun.
Scribblenauts is basically a puzzle game that lets you try pretty much any way you want to solve a puzzle. It has a very large store of items you can conjure into existence by just typing in what they are. Write "GOD" and *poof* there's God. Perhaps you think he'd like a snack. Type in *CHEESE* and drop it near him. He'll nom it right down. Maybe you'd like God to carry a Bazooka. Type it in and hand it to him. Now should a threat arise, then he'll blast it away. And, of course, we need a threat. Let's drop in "RA" for our very own Egyptian sun god. He'll need a mighty weapon. "PILLOW". There we go.
Three guesses who won that one. Razz
The puzzles ranged from easy to fairly tough now and again. Most of the time though, the only limiting factor is how inventive you want to be. Something as simple as crossing a gap can be done numerous ways. Do you throw down a bridge? Summon a Roc or Pegasus? A helicopter? UFO? Give yourself a pair of wings? Grapple your way over? Lots of options. Very Happy= :D
The removal of enemies is often pretty simple. Just drop something that can kill them right next to them. Death. A Dragon. Cthulu. Maybe release a Kraken. Wink All well and good, but sometimes you want a little something more. For example, in one level I needed to pull a lever to open a cage door. But doing so would also open the doors holding three enemies, and there were guns lying around in the middle they would pick up and shoot me with. A bit of thought, and I had no trouble at all. I put lava in one guy's cave, and placed a Black Hole outside another's. For the last one, I went a little Bond villain and place a pool beneath his door, then put in a shark. Good times, goooood times. Very Happy= :D
The only problem I really had with the game is that the stylus controls get a little wonky sometimes and you end up jumping off a cliff, or accidentally pulling your mount out from under you. This is annoying, but thankfully uncommon.

Here are a few of the lesser known things you can do.
1. Create a walrus, then make it your friend by giving yourself a bucket.
2. Put in a Ceiling Cat to hang up in the sky.
3. Type in "OVER NINE THOUSAND" to get a suspiciously Scouter looking device.
There are several others, but I can't recall them at the moment.

There are also several nods to games and movies.
One level has you viewing a submerged town. Your goal is to defeat a giant wearing a diving helmet (who is several times stronger than a normal giant), but make sure not to hurt the "Smaller Sister" that's next to him. lol
Another gives you the clue "Get a charge at 88." You're shown a street that passes under a thunder cloud, and up to a clock tower (with accompanying crazy scientist) that has a wire running down. The solution for that one is to spawn a car, then glue a lightning rod to the top. Get hit by the lightning, and then touch the wire. Awesome. Smile

Overall I had a lot of fun with this game and would recommend it to anyone with a DS.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Eighth Nation
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 67

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:00 pm

While I've never been interested in the game, I've heard it recognized a rediculous amount of words and phrases heheh.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:15 am

They are making a second one me thinks. But they're is going to be even more words, because they added adjectives.

Example: flying monkey, or golden bird.
cheers
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:20 am

Nice! I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Overall it was probally one of my favorite DS games ever. Until of course I lost it, curse those small DS games.
Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scribblenauts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scribblenauts   Scribblenauts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scribblenauts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Music and Puzzles-
Jump to: