Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

MW2 or Uncharted 2?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

MW2 or Uncharted 2? Empty
PostSubject: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 8:24 pm

Many people have different opinions about Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2, and Uncharted 2:Among Thieves. Personally I like Uncharted 2 better. What's your opinion?
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 8:31 pm

Well MW2 can cheese me off sometimes..... no wait.,
anytime im not playing with someone from the clan!

and Unfortunately i can't get online with U2.

Campaign wise. i like the way the do all the CoD's but the story line was too predictable at parts. U2 had a lot of cheesy lines in it but had some funny ones too.
The choosing your skin was a neat addition i always loved with U2.
The coop in both are Okay.
But i like the coop more in MW2.

i'm going to stay with MW2 because i'm not a fan of 3rd person shooters
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 8:34 pm

I'm really of the oppinion that the two games are apples and oranges; they really can't be compared, since they're two completely different games.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 8:41 pm

Ok I am done with people bashing 3rd person shooters! The reason I like 3rd person is because on first person the only way to kill someone is with a gun or knife, on 2nd and 3rd you can kill peope by pull downs, knives/fists, guns, and stealth kills, (and there are a ot of different types of stealth kills!) I REST MY CASE.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:41 pm

Considering I have yet to even get through the campaign on MW2, I can't honestly provide an even opinion.

However, whenever it comes down to what is better, I almost never can pick a top one. Essentially, if its an FPS, the story and atmosphere has to grab me. Secondly the control scheme must be at least half decent so that it doesnt annoy me enough to stop playing. thurdly are other stuff such as presentation, soundtrack etc.

Resistance is one of my most beloved FP franchises. Uncharted is one of my most belived TP franchises. Like mentioned, due to the base mechanics of each game type, its like compareing apples to oranges. You can't do it aside from saying....wow! they're different. But I do know, I love em both Wink

So with that said, it comes down to do you have a better/funner experience with a game type like MW2? Or a better experience with a game type like U2?

Comes down to that IMO. Cool
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:43 pm

Uncharted 2...I know that I have MW2 and stuff, and might play a bit more when I am done with lvl 60 in uncharted2(taking my whole life to do). Maybe it will grab my interest more then Wink
Back to top Go down
neo267
Third Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 12:07 am

Not really fair comparsion that, UC2 Vs MW2. Personally i had more fun playing UC2 campaign than i did with MW2. But when you compare MW2 campaign with COD4 campaign I have to say MW2 was a huge let down. Plus i had a major problem with the blood splatter effect in MW2

I can't comment on the online play coz i have not played either COD4 or MW2 online for any reasonable amount of time
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 1:45 am

There's a reason MyRes forbids comparison threads. Let's hope we don't come across it here. Ok?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:40 am

mattmo0121 wrote:
Ok I am done with people bashing 3rd person shooters! The reason I like 3rd person is because on first person the only way to kill someone is with a gun or knife, on 2nd and 3rd you can kill peope by pull downs, knives/fists, guns, and stealth kills, (and there are a ot of different types of stealth kills!) I REST MY CASE.

There has been no bashing as yet. There is no case to rest as there are varying degrees of opinions.
This is what eat is worried about escalating into something when it comes to comparison threads.
Please remember that not everyone has the same taste as you and to not get to defensive.
This goes for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:45 am

As I just posted in the UC2 thread, I always enjoy playing that game... Even when I'm having a bad game it's still nowhere near as frustrating as MW2. In UC2, even with it taking an extra 4-5 shots to drop someone due to lag, you can still strafe and avoid fire whilst putting in those extras. In MW2, two or three bullets hit you and you're dead. Add a second's lag to the equation and you don't even notice the first two shots at all. Mad

Although saying that, I still find myself going back to MW2 time and time again, even though I moan and bitch about it over the mic, it's good to moan and bitch with a good bunch of friends who will make me laugh and forget how bad I'm doing for a while. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:47 am

eattheword wrote:
There's a reason MyRes forbids comparison threads. Let's hope we don't come across it here. Ok?

I was thinking the exact same thing Wink However, I'm waiting to see how our awesome user base handles it. So far, so good Smile I'm of the mind that if it stays civil and respectful, then no worries.

We ARE Watching though. MW2 or Uncharted 2? 163263
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:20 am

UC2 before patches > MW2

MW2 with COD4 damage settings/KS's > UC2
Back to top Go down
PiNeAppLe_eNiMa
Fourth Nation

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:54 am

BOTH! Assuming you can afford it BUY THEM BOTH RIGHT NOW!

IHMO - UC2 campaign is way better than MW2 - I got the plat on UC2 and I've still gone back to play the campaign here and there, it's damn good. Plus, way more game time - MW2 you can finish the campaign hella quick.

That being said, despite all the lag and gey assed players, MW2 online, to me, was way more fun than UC2 online. Overall I'm sure I've had a better entertainment/dollar value outta MW2 than UC2...

So...for money spent, and overall fun.... MW2=UC2.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:41 am

When I said bashed, I meant that it seems everywhere I go people absolutely HATE 3rd person shooter, even some of my Xbox friends do, even though they have Gears Of War. But now is appears that I am bashed.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:55 am

I like Third Person shooters but not used to them. More used to FPS than anything else. Should have seen me when I first tried a TPS online, I was panicking cause I couldn't see the end of my gun.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:05 am

That's kind of a funny story though, because the same thing happened to me when I first MW2, I was SUCH A FREAKING IDIOT, I literally lowered my friend's K/D ratio by like .50, Let's just say I haven't been invited back to his house since.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:20 pm

How can an FPS be compared to a third-person somethin'? scratch

Haven't played MW2, but U2 is definately an enjoyable experience. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:30 pm

Since I have only played the local MP of MW2 I can't really have much of an opinion here but imo, again this is pretty limited, I find U2 to be better than MW2 because lets face in U2, talking about campaign wise here, you are trying to find Shangri-La while in MW2 what are you doing? Hunting down some terrorist while killing everyone is his organization? Don't get me wrong, I love blowing stuff up as much as the next teenage boy but guess what, I actually want a story to play along with, for instance those FF games are complete godliness because though they are story based they give you some options of how to play, have yet to get that far into XIII yet, but like I said before my exposure is limited but I guess my outlook is really based on playing with my buds, most of whom do not camp except for like 2 who do it very rarely and deny it when they do!
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Whats second person Perspective by the way?

MW2 does have an interesting fast paced story that is more revolved around action, kinda like all the war movies in the early naughties like black hawk down. Unchartered makes me think of a mix of National Treasure with guns. When it comes to stories I tend to compare or find hints of things from movies. I love that. Considering all the different movies out there, there is a lotta different stories too.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 4:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Would be tough to implement into a game, methinks. Laughing
Love Choose Your Own Adventure books though. The only series I know that it largely doesn't matter what you do, you're basically assured of death in many creative ways. Ah, the things we give our children.

On topic, I'm with Omega. Apples and oranges.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 4:32 am

Thinking Dungeons and Dragons or general roleplaying in which the DM narrates... Dragon Age... Oblivion have those slight hints of it as does heavy rain... Elements really.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 4:38 pm

2nd person shooter is a mix of 1rst and 3rd person, it's right in the middle, VERY FEW games have done this.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 4:48 pm

That sounds kind of hard to pull off, I mean what is it closer to the avatar than 3rd person and yet farther from the avatar than 1st person?
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 5:24 pm

mattmo0121 wrote:
2nd person shooter is a mix of 1rst and 3rd person, it's right in the middle, VERY FEW games have done this.

I find this whole concept of "SPS" very confusing...

I'm trying to make that guy over there shoot me? Thinking
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: MW2 or Uncharted 2?   MW2 or Uncharted 2? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 5:40 pm

"You walk into the lodge in Orick. Behind the counter you see two guys. What do you do?"
A.) Shoot them.
B.) Toss a 'nade.
C.) Order waffles.
D.) All of the above.
Back to top Go down

MW2 or Uncharted 2?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Shooters-
Jump to: