Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:55 pm

I still am holding onto the hope that Hale returns as the main character...
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

Nation Reputation : 30

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:59 pm

Right after the widow maker part. There is definitely an upright walking creature looking at the train go by.

I'm not sure if that guy was Danby or not. Danby was said that he was a little squeemish, and the guy in the video was just blasting away at those chimmies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:01 pm

UnicornCharlie wrote:
Right after the widow maker part. There is definitely an upright walking creature looking at the train go by.

I'm not sure if that guy was Danby or not. Danby was said that he was a little squeemish, and the guy in the video was just blasting away at those chimmies.

You also have to remember that several years have past since Project Abraham. It is quite possible that Danby has gotten a bit more tough.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Definitely not a grim. Definitely nightmare fuel.

Back to top Go down
reptile555
Fourth Nation
reptile555

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:34 pm

I hope they have more chimera to kill! Very Happy= :D and alot more guns to play with! Cool
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Loyalist
Loyalist
A_Bloody_Bunny

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:48 pm

Clips ...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:59 pm

Sooo happy. They wont give up Hale details THAT easily hehe.

I'm still pissed though. The day after my PC stops working for internet, these come out. FML Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:09 pm

Excited
This all I can say

Excited

Once I get out of the shock, I will start shooting questions lol
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:16 pm

*quivers in anticipation*

But there's no gameplay here. Is there any confirmation that Resistance 3 is even still a first-person shooter?

Last edited by FlightOfGrey on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:18 pm

RatchetH22 wrote:
I still am holding onto the hope that Hale returns as the main character...

Me too. One bullet would not kill Super-Hale even though it was in the head. Took more than that to kill Daedalus, I cannot see why it would take one to kill Hale. Anyway... I want another ARG!!! Gosh, I loved it sooooo much! That was obsession. It was amazing. I guess it would only be fun if you do it from the start and with the rush and hype of getting it first. People who just read the solutions did not get the same feeling, but printing all those maps and triangulating the coordinates or trying to solve the mp3 beat with the audio software was just amazing. I remember I was connected almost 24/7 and having breakfast whilst inputting the "secret codes" in the "simulated console" so I could post the new files first. Awesome, I want one of those again. It just great fun and a great way to introduce the story.

Do you think I should read the book before I play R3? Would it give me any info that could be helpful before a new game?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:21 pm

*exhibits interest laced with skepticism*
We'll see, we'll see.

If they manage to not turn the online into a mess, then I'll be happy.

@Sey, what's an ARG?
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:42 pm

ARG is Alternate Reality Game.

Way before the release of Resistance 2, IG did one of these. They showed initially one video-teaser with actors introducing the plot. At the end of the video they played some morse code, that code was a website. When you went to that website (The Project Abraham website) you were told that new info would be posted there. Every Thursday (I think) they put a new video and documents about a new case study in Project Abraham. They hid a clue within the papers, pictures or video. That clue could be for another website with more info or sometimes it was a code to introduce into a third website that looked like a terminal. With all those three websites and codes you could get more codes and more clues. At the end of that chain of clues there was a big challenge for the week. Some of them were amazing.

We had to decipher some code which used a real encryption method used in the war, another one required a software where you had to get a spectogram of the mp3 and the visual appearance of that spectogram folded gave you a new code. Another one required you to triangulate certain coordinates and with the name of the city that you obtained you got new codes after using that as a password in the terminal. Another one was similar but with a map of NA, you had to put the chimera towers in the right positions to get the perimeter although I can't remember what you did with that. There were other ones with secret messages that you could only get if you put the related pictures one on top of another. Amazing, really, great fun.

Those that sent the answer the earliest got to be "published" as "great activists against Project Abraham" in the website of the resistance. All were pretty much from Unfiction, which is a website for ARGs. There are ARGs for loads of things, not only games, it is like a treasure hunt but online. With Resistance, at the very end, they also gave coordinates of real places around US where they had hidden a bag with merchandising, apparently the "personal objects" of those who had died during the experiment. They were really cool. Also (I just keep remembering things here and there) some of the people in NA got a call from Cassie (the doctor in Project Abraham), it was like a recording where you answered the phone and she started talking, basically thanking you for helping, saying how bad she felt that all those people had to die and so on. There were really funny stories about mothers and girlfriends answering the call by mistake and getting all "wtf! what are you doing?" Lol Some info can be found in the ARG thread in MyRes or in Unfiction forums: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If there is another one, we have to play, honestly, great fun. It takes all the energy of the day, but I love it when I can mix fantasy and reality.

Last edited by Seyel on Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:45 pm

cheers R3, welcome your newest member of Axis in Allies crew Smile
Back to top Go down
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:47 pm

Looks good. I need to see the MP stuff tho.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Sey, I highly recommend reading the book. It provides a lot of backstory on the events between Fall of Man and Resistance 2, as well as gives Hale more depth. It's a fantastic read too.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:04 pm

was that a P90?Shocked though now that I think about it, wouldn't really fit with the time line.

also I really hope they bring grayson into this one.

also I got a major L4d feeling with that trailer.

though I imagine they were going for drop in drop out co-op for story maybe.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:08 pm

Thanks, Sey. That does sound really awesome. Here's hoping there's one for this because I'd love to be in on it.
bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:12 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Thanks, Sey. That does sound really awesome. Here's hoping there's one for this because I'd love to be in on it.
bounce

Monkey, you can still access some of the sites for the R2 ARG. All of them contain a lot of background info on the characters and time period.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:25 pm

RatchetH22 wrote:
CobaltMonkey wrote:
bounce

Monkey, you can still access some of the sites for the R2 ARG. All of them contain a lot of background info on the characters and time period.

Yeah, the website for project abraham was where we got new videos and documents. In the main one, for example, now appears a folder with a "classified" lettering. That one included the coordinates of the hotel where they gave away beta codes and merchandising for the game, at the very end. Once you go in, you see a folder with the files of the case studies. At the time, each of this folders had maybe only one paper or picture, and new things appeared during the week in one of the folders. We had to "vote" for the next one to be infected with the virus, and that video was the next one to be up the following week. The documents and clues dropped slowly, the game lasted weeks, at least a month and a half I think. The last day the "destroyed" the website and the place, you can see glass and snow in certain areas of the web and on the documents and so on. The screen is broken and the audio tape is not working anymore either. There were tapes from Cassey there.

The website for AmericaFirstAmericaOnly "burned down" the last day, so some of the things that were there couldn't be seen anymore, only a couple of them on the wall I think. In that website there is a file (second draw) with newspapers. Most of them had the answer to the last "challenge", and in some of them (like number 4) you can see at the end, page two, the names of those who submitted the answer the earliest, under "Network of heroes". It was really good fun. In the fax that is there you can see now a list of places where they had left a bag with things, and then if it had been dropped and collected. They left the bags with merchandising in different days and times. Before you could also zoom in all the things in the wall.

This was the web used as a terminal: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

All the codes for it can be found in this wiki: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It was made by one of the most popular guys at Unfiction, who also got to be in the "newspaper" twice or three times. That wiki has all the info about the old ARG.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:28 pm

There are so many good memories on the ARG. Im still a bit disappointed Danby never got injected though...I always voted for him. Laughing

I remember when one of the injectees turned into a Hybrid, and then proceeded to tear out his own organs. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:33 pm

Yeah that one was a bit --> Shocked

It was sad too because he was the one that wanted to go back home soon and was there only because of his debt. I never voted for Danby, somehow I had the hope that he could research and provide a cure. Wasn't he with Malikov later on?
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:36 pm

OMG i just had to pick myself up of the ground so excited bounce bounce cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:43 pm

Seyel wrote:
Yeah that one was a bit --> Shocked

It was sad too because he was the one that wanted to go back home soon and was there only because of his debt. I never voted for Danby, somehow I had the hope that he could research and provide a cure. Wasn't he with Malikov later on?

The reason I never voted for Gennaro was because of what you described. He had a family and was only in Project Abraham to help them off. He even had one of the worst deaths too... As for Danby...he was relocated to Bryce Canyon? While he wasn't shown in R2 I have a feeling he was one of those killed when the Chimera attacked the tower.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On   resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 7:15 pm

I think in one of the documents of the ARG Malikov asked for Danby. I can't be sure, though. Too long ago. I can go through the documents in Bruce wiki tomorrow. But I think there was some letter from Malikov that implied he was there or he wanted him there.
Back to top Go down

resistance 3 revealed and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 On

View previous topic View next topic Back to top