Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:05 am

Respec is better, just move the points rather than losing everything.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:46 am

Lod wrote:
Respec is better, just move the points rather than losing everything.
Yeah thats what I meant. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:48 am

Mitchellkillgour wrote:
Since I have a limited number of perk points , I have decided to go with these main skills...
Archery, One-handed, Smithing, Destruction, Restoration, Enchanting, Speech, Sneak and heavy armour . Will there be enough perk points to give these perk trees a decent shot ?
this is based on my personal opinion, and what I would do if I had a character that focuses on one specific weapon. I personally wouldn't choose both destruction and archery. If your going sneak then archyery is good. With using those stats I would say you should either go battlemage with one handed and destruction, or go stealth with one handed and archery, either drop destruction or swap it for illusion. At low levels illusion sucks, but later on you get paralysis and mass paraysis. And before that at moderate levels you've got frenzy.

Archery: you'll want every single perk for archery. That's 16 points

Heavy armor: if your going stealth you'll want the perk that makes it way nothing asap but it requires 70 in heavy armor, and 3 skill points in the left branch which doesn't have any other real useful skills. Either way though you'll want all the armor boosting stats on the right side. All but the last one. That's 8 or 11 points depending

One handed: I strongly recommend just putting the 5 points into the 1st ability. Unless your into power attacks. That's 5 points

Stealth: the right path boosts damage output while sneaking and the keft helps you get to striking distance.all are useful. Might not want the final ability. Its useful, but not needed. That's 13 points

Speech: I put4 points into speech and I have more money than I know what to do with, investing 500 gold in the riverwood trader gives it 11000 gold that's 10 times what the final speech one gives. That's 4 points

Smithing: go up the right side and in the middle. Very simple. That's 7 points.

Enchanting: I'd put 1 on fire since its the 1st elemental. And allows for the most damage, none on the right since the little that they do help isn't worth the perks. Spend the rest straight down the center. You want the final one. I have a sword that does both 38 points of fire damage and paralyzes for 5 seconds, and armor that boosts both my attack and my armor skill. Thats9 points

That's 62 perks already and I didn't cover destruction or restoration. If you want to post more specifics of your character I can help give you ideas on where you want to focus your stuff. Do you want a stealth characte, or a battlemage?that seems like what you currently have a combination of and it seems way to unfocused.

Also on 1 side note when you level up you have to choose between health stamina and magika so its best to not have someone who relies too heavily on both stamina and magika

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:22 am

@whoever said ebony is the best you can find. If you get your conjuration to 90 and speak to the conjuration mage at the college (phinis ginster or something like that) and complete the conjuration ritual quest you get a sigil stone you can place in the atronarch forge under the college which you can use to essentially convert ebony weapons and armor into deadric ones. And daedric weapons and armor are the best in the game. For some reason daedric is better than dragon
Back to top Go down
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:28 am

So who are people marrying in this game?

Like many, many others, I'd hoped to be able to take Karita home with me but sadly is not possible unless you have the PC version with its console commands Sad

So I settled for Ysolda and moved her into my Whiterun digs. Lydia is still hanging around at the table in the master bedroom though which could get awkward...or fun Wink
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:32 am

Who's karita? Ive got Camilla over in my fully pimped out Solitude home
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:48 pm

In that case then , I might drop Destruction and Sneak , I'll make another character later on with those .

Unfortunately I relied too much on the autosave and my friend overwrote my save file yesterday so I had to restart Sad . I am at lvl 13 again now , have flawless Orcish bow (found it ) and Orcish war axe . I am going for a mainly archery character with with decent restoration and one-handed too . I have got Smithing to lvl 70 and went up the left side to elven armour than stopped and went up the right side , this was so i could make the elven bow .

How useful is sneak if you're an archer ?
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:54 pm

There are perks for archery + sneak bonuses, and if you're sneaky enough you can shoot enemies and not get noticed immediately.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:08 pm

If you shoot anything at all, you should be sneaking when you do it. Damage is x2 when sneaking. x3 if you get the perk in the Sneak tree. And yes, it makes a big difference.

Learn how to shoot from a distance. The arrow falls when you shoot it the further it goes. Gravity. Take that into account.
If you can see it, you can snipe it. With a little practice you can be taking people down from very long distances. Remember that the further away they are, the longer it'll take them to "find" you, which means more sneak attacks with the damage bonus.
If you're in a tomb (or other level), be sneaking. Learn which drauger will get up and snipe them from outside range. It's usually a 1HK.

Remember to wear light armor so that you're sneaking more quietly.

Get the Power Shot perk to stagger enemies half the time.

Always let the bow pull back all the way. Don't try to fire faster than you're prepared for. It badly nerfs distance and damage.
Back to top Go down
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:28 pm

Karita is the bard in the inn at Dawnstar. You can't miss her Wink

Yeah sneaky archery is the way I went. I was using the Nightingale Bow until I picked up from Monkey's post that there is a Bound Bow spell. Quick Google told me where to find the spell tome. Much better damage and a lot more difficult to run out of arrows. Also builds up archery & conjuration at the same time.

Sucks that you stop getting perks at lvl 50. I'm at 38 so only 12 more. Need to save some to unlock Arcane Blacksmith & Dragon Armor. My Smithing is only at 50 so need to grind that for a bit.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Since when do you not get perks after 50? This is news to me. Shocked
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 5:02 pm

TonyTeabag wrote:

Yeah sneaky archery is the way I went. I was using the Nightingale Bow until I picked up from Monkey's post that there is a Bound Bow spell. Quick Google told me where to find the spell tome. Much better damage and a lot more difficult to run out of arrows. Also builds up archery & conjuration at the same time.

Sucks that you stop getting perks at lvl 50. I'm at 38 so only 12 more. Need to save some to unlock Arcane Blacksmith & Dragon Armor. My Smithing is only at 50 so need to grind that for a bit.

Karita... I remember her now.... I was hitting the Nord mead pretty hard that night..... one thing lead to another, I rented a room at the local inn for us and thats the last thing I remember. I woke up with a headache alone, it felt like an Orc had hit me with a Battleaxe...as I did the walk of shame out to Skyrim the innkeeper was snickering a bit tho.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 5:36 pm

I has my house in Whiterun again cheers . Dumped a few of my more precious keepsakes such as the Oathblade into the chest and I found this awesome helmet in one of the dungeons , looks awesome and has 30% resistance to frost . Couple that with my Nord's 50% default frost resistance and I have a very Frost resistant character Smile . The helmet is also got a great armor rating too , by far better than anything else I've found. Been enjoying just exploring , looting hideouts and now I have to find this Eagle sword , heard it's pretty powerful so will be doing that quest next . Also may travel some more and head towards the explorer trophy and I also want to find more awesome stuff !! . My archery and One-handed are both around 35 at the moment , been using them fairly equally as I believe archery to be a very useful form of attack once leveled up a bit and with a few perks respectively .
Back to top Go down
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:14 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Since when do you not get perks after 50? This is news to me. Shocked

RHYN0X wrote:
81 is the max level, but you stop getting points after 50

I'm only at level 38 so can't verify this myself.

rrwatch wrote:
TonyTeabag wrote:

Karita... I remember her now.... I was hitting the Nord mead pretty hard that night..... one thing lead to another, I rented a room at the local inn for us and thats the last thing I remember. I woke up with a headache alone, it felt like an Orc had hit me with a Battleaxe...as I did the walk of shame out to Skyrim the innkeeper was snickering a bit tho.

Angry :angry: You lie! She will be mine! C'mon Bethesda, this can be put into a patch surely?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:21 pm

My level 60-something first character still got them.
scratch
I can't think they would change this for any reason.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:56 pm

I have a level 81 and a level 52 and both continue to get perks, so that's just total BS.

As others have said archery is more of a sneak skill, and yes arrows follow the rules oof ggravity but something else to keep in mind is your character comoensates for this and fires arrows a little higher than your aiming so arrows go up a bit then down. If shot over a persons head because of this. Also another less typical skill for archery is some in the block tree. The bash skills. You can bash, power bash, and disarm using the bow. The only problem is you can't level block with the bow. Only trainers, and a shield.

If you want a sneaky character you should have both archery and alchemy, however nothing wrong with having a warrior that uses a bow to hit enemies from a distance. The only thing is you've got to decide if you want it to be part of your main repertoire or not, because you will need/want to put a lot of perks into it.

Also a paralyzing bow is awesome
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:11 pm

Mitchellkillgour wrote:
I has my house in Whiterun again cheers . Dumped a few of my more precious keepsakes such as the Oathblade into the chest and I found this awesome helmet in one of the dungeons , looks awesome and has 30% resistance to frost . Couple that with my Nord's 50% default frost resistance and I have a very Frost resistant character Smile . The helmet is also got a great armor rating too , by far better than anything else I've found. Been enjoying just exploring , looting hideouts and now I have to find this Eagle sword , heard it's pretty powerful so will be doing that quest next . Also may travel some more and head towards the explorer trophy and I also want to find more awesome stuff !! . My archery and One-handed are both around 35 at the moment , been using them fairly equally as I believe archery to be a very useful form of attack once leveled up a bit and with a few perks respectively .

I found a 70% frost resistant amulet
Back to top Go down
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 5:26 am

nobody wrote:
I have a level 81 and a level 52 and both continue to get perks, so that's just total BS.

That's good to know. Is 81 the limit? Seems a strange number.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:27 am

Yes 81 is Max...technically 81 and a half. Its when you get all skills to 100
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:46 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
My level 60-something first character still got them.
scratch
I can't think they would change this for any reason.

REALLY?? Awesome!

That's what I get for believing something I read on the internet..... err, wait, I just read this on the internet... errr... brain... hurting.... *BOOM* - mind blown!

That's great news, I may not be as screwed up as I thought I was... in game that is! lol
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:35 am

It says somewhere in the guide that your maximum level hits when you have everything at 100, which might be around the 80 level mark. So it is not that you stop levelling at 81 or before/later but you will probably reach the 100 mark at around that level.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:32 am

Yes but realistically speaking your going to end up at 50-60 my level 52 character has all the stats he uses maxed except destruction and restoration. I tried switching to something else like a 2 handed weapon but it took too long to kill anyone. It would of been faster to kill someone with fus roh dah in an enclosed space. Besides if you do level up all those misc abilities after your main stats have maxed out your enemies are going to keep getting stronger while your just getting some extra perks. The trade off doesn't sem worth it.

The only reason I have a level 81 is a abused a glitch to Max my character out
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 3:48 pm

Got my smithing to 100 again , after searching the Skyrim wiki , found that doing the "PIECES OF THE PAST" quest (found at the museum of Dawnstar) will bring face to face with Daedra which have Daedra hearts !! . Then I can make my Deadric Bow !! .
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 4:11 pm

You know, there's one on the table in the basement in the Companions' hall. Carry it out of sight and steal it.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 37 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:57 pm

Sweet !!! , found a mine absolutely chock full of ebony ore !! . Mined 22 Ebony ingots worth and another 7 Iron ore !! . There is also ebony ingots outside the entrance !! . It's so hard to find ebony and it's real expensive so now I am on the home run to start smithing my full set of Daedric armor and weapons !! . The mine is called the Gloombound mine and is near the Orcish settlement of Narzulbur , you have to be an Orc to enter or do the quest where you have to find the "forgemaster's fingers" , here's the mine location for those hunting for Ebony ! .

Spoiler:

Oh , and thanks for that info Monkey , I am on my way there !!
Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top