Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 1:26 am

Jmw566 wrote:
Lod wrote:

I got me some Ebony Swords. Ebony Swords are sweet looking. I enchanted them, one with fire another with ice. I call them Night and Day and they kill the shit out of anything.
Should've called them Black Trick and White Joker.

It's a reference to one of my favorite animes, S-cry-ed Razz

I loved that show. It was bizarre, but it had its own personality.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 1:56 am

Mitchellkillgour wrote:
Sweet !!! , found a mine absolutely chock full of ebony ore !! . Mined 22 Ebony ingots worth and another 7 Iron ore !! . There is also ebony ingots outside the entrance !! . It's so hard to find ebony and it's real expensive so now I am on the home run to start smithing my full set of Daedric armor and weapons !! . The mine is called the Gloombound mine and is near the Orcish settlement of Narzulbur , you have to be an Orc to enter or do the quest where you have to find the "forgemaster's fingers" , here's the mine location for those hunting for Ebony ! .

Spoiler:

Oh , and thanks for that info Monkey , I am on my way there !!

Alchemy shops usually carry a daedric heart, and entire in the college always carries 2. As for gloombound mine you don't have to do the ques. If you don't they just tell you you aren't welcome. But you can ignore them and mine the ebony just fine.

More precise direction to that mine is from windhelm stables in the south you'll see an icon for a small village. That's kynsgrove head there, then in kynes grove find the path heading east, go past their mibe and from there you will see the icon for the or stronghold.
Back to top Go down
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:23 am

There's some more ebony ore and some other stuff right at the top of Throat of the World along with the Notched Pickaxe which also raises Smithing abilty.

Agh, yet another glitched quest. I can't repair the White Phial! I already have 11 Briar Hearts in my inventory. I took the briar heart from the Forsworn with the arrow but it doesn't clear the quest. Even if I go back to the guy he won't take it from me - I have the ice and powder too. I can't drop them or eat them because they are quest items. Even if I go to prison they won't leave my inventory!

Well I guess they'll have to join the book I can't get rid of and the bounty that won't clear...
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:56 am

The music instruments won't leave my inventory either, but the quests are complete
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:40 am

kill everyone in sight. there is no telling who might be a daedra!
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:50 am

TonyTeabag wrote:
There's some more ebony ore and some other stuff right at the top of Throat of the World along with the Notched Pickaxe which also raises Smithing abilty.

Agh, yet another glitched quest. I can't repair the White Phial! I already have 11 Briar Hearts in my inventory. I took the briar heart from the Forsworn with the arrow but it doesn't clear the quest. Even if I go back to the guy he won't take it from me - I have the ice and powder too. I can't drop them or eat them because they are quest items. Even if I go to prison they won't leave my inventory!

Well I guess they'll have to join the book I can't get rid of and the bounty that won't clear...

i never got the option to repair it , i found it took it back to the guy and he blamed me for breaking it and just took it out of my inventory :/
Back to top Go down
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:09 am

jadedoblivion wrote:
TonyTeabag wrote:

i never got the option to repair it , i found it took it back to the guy and he blamed me for breaking it and just took it out of my inventory :/

A courier should bring you a message from his assistant. When you go and see him he'll send you off to get three things needed to fix it. Looks like if you already have Briar Hearts in your inventory it doesn't recognise when you get the one pointed at by the quest. Grr!
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:51 pm

Well , amassed a total of 26 ebony ingots and 7 daedra heart . Made the full set of Daedric armor , Daedric bow , Daedric Mace and Daedric Dagger . Now I look like a Boss !! (all the stuff is legendary status BTW Smile )
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:56 pm

Have you enchanted the armor and weapons?
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:58 pm

Also you should check what day of the month it is. Ore replenshes once a month
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:03 am

I have put a fire enchantment on the bow and archery/stamina increasing enchantments on the main armor pieces .

I have about 50-70 potions in my inventory but can't bring myself to drop them or store them !!
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:43 am

Assuming your a stealth archer you may want to try paralysis. Its great cuz they are paralyzed and can't try to spot you while you continue to hit them.

The parakyze enchantment it pretty rare though. Yiull probably need to go around to all the shops selling weapons (mainly blacksmiths) till you find one then disenchant it.

Also how close are you to lvl 100 enchanting? The final enchanting skill is a game changer, being able to double up on all your enchantments is amazing
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 2:56 pm

I am only lvl 50 enchanting so there's some work to do there !! .

Did this long and difficult quest to find these 3 amulet fragments and fuse them together into one which gives you +30 to magika , stamina and health .!! Is this the best necklace in the game ?
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:27 pm

That necklace is garbage and a huge waste of time. Its way over hyped in game, and takes way too much work for what it does.

Yea the total points are probably more than any other amulet you find aside from double enchanting, but only 30 of each, most characters don't even use all 3 stats. And even if they do it is such a small amount of each that it feels irrelevant
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 6:27 pm

nobody wrote:
That necklace is garbage and a huge waste of time. Its way over hyped in game, and takes way too much work for what it does.

Yea the total points are probably more than any other amulet you find aside from double enchanting, but only 30 of each, most characters don't even use all 3 stats. And even if they do it is such a small amount of each that it feels irrelevant

What in your opinion is the best equipment then ?
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Pretty much anything but that amulet.

I prefer enchantmenrs that boost skills, my armor focuses on boosting my one handed, and my armor (my armor stat is at 200) it really depends on your character. But in most cases the best gear can be made yourself. Main exception is the sneaky characters have a decent amount of gear with stuff that can't be disenchanted.

If you want specifics on what type of gear I'd use on your character then post specifics on how you play him and I'll give you some suggestions
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:40 pm

So I posted this on OGOB but I figured I'd try here too.

I had a companion (Uthgerd the Unbroken) and I accidentally shot and killed her like 50 hours ago. I just tried to get a different follower now and they say I already have one. Anyone know how to fix?
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:33 am

Are you sure you killed her? Did you actually attack her directly?
Idk, I would try to go where she usually was and see if she is around. I have not used any companion yet, are they really worthy? I have thought about it because of the weight they can carry but being a mage I do not want to kill them with colateral damage.
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:35 am

Seyel wrote:
are they really worthy?
MUAHAHAHA Twisted Evil

By worthy, you mean excellent human/elf/crazy-critter shield, right?
Shrug
Back to top Go down
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:51 am

When I started out I used a follower, first Sven then Uthgard the Unbroken, but they kept getting themselves killed forcing me to reload my last save so I gave them up. Only useful for extra carrying and distracting enemies.

Did find it amusing some situations where you're in a secret ceremony like Thieves Guild or Companions and they totally ignore your follower hanging around.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:39 am

J,
This is a bit of an off chance, but I've heard that lost companions sometimes show up in a certain cave. It's about flat North of the College, out on the ice flows. I can't recall its specific name, but inside are some cages and a Frost Atronoch. Sometimes a missing companion will be in the cage.
If yours is dead, then perhaps the body will turn up there and trigger the game to recognize it as dead.

I cannot confirm this myself as I've only heard about it, but it's worth a shot.

Seyel wrote:
Are you sure you killed her? Did you actually attack her directly?
Idk, I would try to go where she usually was and see if she is around. I have not used any companion yet, are they really worthy? I have thought about it because of the weight they can carry but being a mage I do not want to kill them with colateral damage.

Yeah, about the only way you can kill a companion is through collateral damage. Anything else will just make them take a knee. The only exception seems to be exploding Flame Atronochs. Otherwise they'll always live, even through a giant's attack that sends them skyward.

I personally don't think companions are worth having. They ruin stealth, you have to babysit them, and last I heard they don't level properly like they're supposed to.
I will say that doing some of the missions where you're required to have a companion they do really come in handy for the killing things. But it's not like you can't do that yourself, and without having the dummies run in front of your attacks to get themselves killed. Mage companions seem to stay back and cast, so they're alright.
But still, I find it better just to go it alone.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:48 am

Kill everything, Loot everything, put in chest close to door, get companion, quick travel back an forth till all equipment is removed from the dungeon/area and stored in house/dold, tell companion go away, profit
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:25 am

You can go on certain quests (lots of the companion quests) that people force themselves as followers. Note that somet quests they will just follow/lead you somewhere and don't effect your followers and others are do effect your followers, which is why companions are the best ones to do.

I like using followers. You just need good ones. If your afraid of hitting them used a ranged follower. Jzargo is good. Especially against images, he mostly uses lightning. He can be found at the college. I really like Araena lenith. She can take lots of damage, can summon all 3 atronarchs, and has tons of powerful magic. To get her you have to complete auras shrine quest and choose auras side when you have to make a choice. However doing so will make it impossible to get a reusable black soul gem, yiull get get the reusable grand soul gem. 1 other follower I really like is eola. You gotta clear out the hall of the dead in markath and do the subsequent quest to get her.

Don't forget to equip your companions with good gear. My Araena has full dragonplate enchanted armor, with the best dragon priest mask and some of the awesome dragon priest staffs and a daedric bow Enchanted with paralysis. I highly recommend getting the final dragon priest mask. When the person that wears it gets low on health it heals the wearer and the wearers allies, it says a chance, but seems tto be roughly 50% of the time. And there is a rare chance that it will summon a spector of a dragon priest to help in the fight. To get it you need to find all 8 normal dragon priest masks though, then head to labyrinthia and look for the circular dome, pick up the wooden mask and read the note and you should be able to figure out the rest from there
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:03 pm

I think a Dragon killed off Sven. I later found his body in a bandit cave. They do make good battle fodder but forget being stealthy .
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 38 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:05 pm

I found another 2 daedra hearts in a mission you get from talking to a guy in the Inn at Dawnstar ( can't remember the name of the mission or the Inn Sad ) . You do a quest to get this skull staff and during the quet thee is an alchemy room full of ingredients and alchemy labs , 2 daedra heart can be found on one of the shelves . Couple that with the 4 I found at the end of the "Pieces of the Past" quest ( make sure you choose to kill him and then enter the dungeon ) , the one in the companions hall ( thanks for that Monkey Smile ) and buying a few , I amassed a total of 10 daedra hearts Shocked . Maybe I should start the main quests Laughing
Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top