Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Terraria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:22 am

its about 10 times harder now to mine hellstone...they added demons and lava slime :C
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 8:16 am

Yeah, I've heard Lava Slimes can get nasty.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:13 am

i tried my old tech for mining hellstone the just dig straight down 2 blocks to get rid of imps, and a lava slime jumped down so i killed it...and it turned to lava so i burned to death lol
Back to top Go down
Neoshine
Fourth Nation
Neoshine

Nation Reputation : 4

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:37 pm

Yea. it's pretty crazy. Finally killed skeletron though.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 7:08 am

Woooooot, get anythhing good from your dungeon?
Back to top Go down
Neoshine
Fourth Nation
Neoshine

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 11:25 am

Muramasa, the blue flail, bunch of hearts, magic missile, the water rod.

the changes from the patch are crazy, new weapons, new items, new enemies, cactus now! You can make the jungle armor.
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 1:54 pm

I wish you could still get Jungle Armor as drops from Hornets, though, because you still have to fight hordes of the things, but now there's nothing to make it worth your while.

But I really wanted a better defense bonus, so I went down to the Underworld and got enough Hellstone for a full set of Molten Armor and some other goodies like the Molten Pickaxe and the Fiery Greatsword. Lava Slimes weren't too bad for the most part, but a Bone Serpent did do a real number on me.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 6:40 pm

it took me for every to get enough vines to make the jungle chain thing

And nice i love the murmasa its so fasssst

Dose any body know what the cactus is used for because i have no clue
Back to top Go down
Neoshine
Fourth Nation
Neoshine

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 7:09 pm

some potion evidently. the guide tells you what it's used for now.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 7:10 pm

really that's freakin sweet
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

Nation Reputation : 6

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 2:56 pm

Have thought about getting this game but I'm still way too hooked on Minecraft...
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 6:30 pm

Do consider trying it out, regardless of whether or not you're hooked on Minecraft. If you are, then chances are you certainly have enough free time for it; and if you're not, then there's not even a conflict.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:55 pm

And I think its on sale fawlty like a few bucks off, its a really great game
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:56 pm

Oh, yes, that's right, Steam's big sale goin' on. Definitely get it, then, even if you don't play it right away.
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:44 am

I may look into it this weekend. I've seen a lot of the 'Let's Plays' and it just doesn't look THAT great, but I will definitely take your collective word for it!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 1:45 pm

A friend invited me over yesterday and we played this for hours (he has an extra computer, and mine's still too crappy to run it). And we intend to keep playing as soon as we can.
I fiddled around solo for a while to get the hang of the game, and then when another of our friends joined in we started fresh the new characters on Hardcore difficulty (no respawning).
Got a nice fort going on with a merchant, Nurse, Demolistionist, and that handy guy who tells you what you can craft with what.
Digging wise, we got down far enough to encounter the jumping centipedes and really big pale slimes. Still alive as of the time we had to stop.
We went with a party of one dedicated fighter, a digger/crafter, and a dedicated digger (me). Worked out really well. Really, really wish I could get a computer that can handle this. Still working on saving up for it. bounce
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:48 pm

they just released a new patch for it also i wana say 1.1 its got 3 new boss battles and a whole bunch of new enemies and items
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 2:36 am

My friend and I have played quite a bit this last week and have made a good bit of progress.
A couple of nice drops (Godly Vilethorn) helped us along, and once we had our Jungle weapons we decided we were ready to take on some bosses.
The 'No Respawning' limitation of Hardcore mode characters had us intimidated, so, we kind of over prepared.
We slaughtered the Eater of Worlds so completely that we did it again 5 more times for fun and profit. Two sets of Shadow Armor and a few Nightmare Pickaxes came out of it. We still don't meet the requirements to take on the next boss, so we have to hunt down enough hearts to pull us up to 300 life. We had 220 and 240 when we took on EoW.

I took today off, and he went ahead and did some things that don't require two people. Such as building an infinite obsidian making setup. Just from testing until he had it right he stocked over 200 obsidian. With the skulls we'll make from that we can take on the Underworld tomorrow in our search for hearts. Looking forward to it. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 3:32 am

I still haven't been able to pull myself away from Minecraft to try this out.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 12:21 pm

I highly recommend it. There's a lot to do and enjoy, and they just keep adding more.
You can't quite make your designs as complex as you can in Minecraft, since it's only 2D, but because of that things are also easier to build. That doesn't mean you can't make interesting things though. For example,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Did some mining last night and got everyone up to a set of Molten armor. Also built a couple of infinite money machines, so now we can reforge to out hearts' content. I was lucky enough to get a Warding (+4 Defense) enchantment on my Obsidian Shield before we even started that though. My defense is up into the 30s, which is really nice pre-hard mode.
As soon as we level the Underworld out, then we'll be about ready to take on the Wall of Flesh.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Another sizable patch for Terraria. Fixes lots of the mostly minor glitches, as well as adding the entirely new Snow Biome.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:37 pm

just started playing this game. its fun Very Happy= :D little slow feeling, but fun. i have the nurse, demolitionist and merchant.

its tough finding ore though. trying ti upgrade my pick so i can get mining a bit quicker. did you guys just pick a spot and start digging, or did you just go as far down as you could into one of the "natural" caverns and then start?

i have no idea what im doing Razz

this is me atm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:00 pm

i just dug straight down when i spawned lol.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Common practice is to just dig straight down under your base until you reach the bottom. It's where most people put their helevator. (Not a typo. Bottom layer is the underworld, and a shaft dug straight down to it is usually called a helevator.)
But down isn't the only important direction. There are several biomes to be found to throughout the map, each of which has its own enemies, hazards, treasures and such. All are worth exploring. Especially Underground Jungle, but don't range too far afield until you get a grappling hook. You have to forge it yourself from Iron and a Hook, rarely dropped by skeletons and fish, I believe.
There are also several floating islands high in the air. Only way to know where one is is to go up and look though. Best done through the use of an Anti-Gravity Potion. These islands always have some very handy treasure, like things that let you double jump or negate falling damage (and can be combined at the right workstation).

Be careful when digging through sand or silt as they are, unlike the rest of the materials, susceptible to gravity. If they fall on you in a column it's very damaging.

Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

Terraria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:28 pm

i found a magic mirror in the first chest i found Very Happy= :D soon as i get in trouble, BOOP, home. and i got an enchanted boomerang. does about 24 dgm on crit. its way ahead of the enemies im currently fighting. most things are done in like 3-4 hits unless i crit. then its 1-2

i found out about sand and silt the hard way.
i was going to dig way down soon. i kinda wanted to beef up a little. im still looking for a hook, but i have my chain needed for the grapple. ive killed many a skeleton with no luck. is the helevator a vertical shaft, or do you you taper it at all? i assume the grapple would allow for vertical ascension/descent ion
i think i was in the underground jungle earlier? does it have wasps and "man eaters" ? cause i definitely was there briefly before i noticed i was getting my ass handed to me and had scotty beam me up.

also, defending yourself during the night and bloodmoon is easy peasy. i thought it would be way tougher. too bad zombies and demon eyes can get through rock Cool
Back to top Go down

Terraria

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Action/Adventure and Survival-
Jump to: