Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Terraria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

Terraria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:54 pm

Straight up and down. No need to climb back up as that's what your mirror is for.
Typical helevators are about three or four blocks wide and go straight down. But that definitely shouldn't be your first project. lol
Just go where you will and try to find a bunch of hearts and as much gold as you can for now. When you've got a set of gold armor you can probably handle the Underground Jungle (and yeah, that was it) enough to get some important items like Vines, Stingers, Jungle Seeds and Spores. With those you can make some really, really good equipment. The Blade of Grass is an excellent sword, and a Thorn Chakrum will put that boomerang to shame. But perhaps most importantly, the Ivy Whip. Rather than a weapon it's an upgraded Grappling Hook that lets you shoot out up to three grapples at once. This lets you hang in midair, or quickly and easily travel along the walls or ceilings of places.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

Terraria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:50 pm

so i did a little deep digging. i fell into a pit of lava and its a little disappointing because i lost a fair bit of money i wont be able to get back. i got a ton of ore though and 2 hearts on the way down. gold is tough to find (expected) but it seems like every other ore is just so abundant compared to gold.

found a massive vein. and a lot of relatively large ones. got like 175 ore in gold now Cool
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Terraria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:08 pm

godly ball 'o hurt + intense vilethron > eater of worlds
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Terraria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:42 pm

Nice.
You'll probably need better for Skeletron though. Made your way to the Underground Jungle yet?
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Terraria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:09 am

definitely need better for him, i wont even go near the dungeon right now.

been through a bit of the underground jungle. those hanging vines are super annoying, they block so much light. i got enough spores to make the blade of grass an the thorn chakram, both of which are pretty awesome. vile thorn is probably my strongest weapon currently. im repping shadow armour atm. (i farmed eater of worlds a couple times for enough shadow scale)

gone all over the underworld grabbing as much hellstone ore as i can, got enough obsidian to make the obsidian skull so i can walk on hellstone now. need to collect way more obsidian and hellstone to get started on molten forging

Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Terraria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:22 pm

sooooo i definitely over-estimated skeletrons difficulty Neutral

didnt even need to use a potion.

EDIT:

whos a ninja?
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

Terraria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:58 am

only read 1st page, but do you guys have a server you play on?
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Terraria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 2:08 pm

AFAIK we dont. i havent played online. never really had much incentive. i havent played in a while either. but thats because my mouse batteries died and i have yet to buy new ones lol
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Terraria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 4:52 pm

I played it a bunch on another PC, so now I am starting over on my PC, don't really feel like doing it all over again solo. Kinda want to try playing it with a friend or 2 to make things a bit more interesting.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Terraria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 5:34 pm

lol yea, id hate to do everything all over again Razz soo much work for a couple of the things (im looking at you ninja costume)
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Terraria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:09 pm

I only went to gold/meteorite
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Terraria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:30 pm

ohh, thats not too bad Smile

tbh you could go strait to gold once you got brinze weapons if you wanted to lol just spawn, dig down to cave layer and you should be good to find some gold and copper fr what you need.

if you REALLY dont want to do the work again. copy you character file to USB and move it over once you install the game Smile

to find you character file go to MYDOCUMENTS > MY GAMES > TERRARIA > PLAYERS > then youll see player files (theyll be .plr files). copy the one thats you (theyll be in order of when they were created i think). paste it into your USB drive location. once you have the game installed on a new computer, go to the PLAYERS file again paste the character file from your USB into that file.

boot up the game and all you have to do is create a world (unless you want that too, then you could do what you did above but go into the WORLDS folder instead of PLAYERS)
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Terraria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:23 pm

i was a bit past gold. I had some demonite gear. dont think I made armor out of it, but I did have a demonite weapon and a demonite pick.

honestly starting over just made me not feel like playing at all. and i cant get access to my old save data.

and since a valley without wind just came out been playing that instead. (kinda feels like a much more action oriented terraria. doesnt really have much in common with it htough, aside from basis control scheme, and that its 2d and randomly generated.)
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Terraria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 3 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 2:54 pm

minecraft on 360 got me back into this game ive actually played this a lot lately. almost got the phase blade, just need to find more damn jungle spore. i've got 26 stingers but only 1 jungle spore. i figured the stingers would be the hard part
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Terraria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:27 pm

Apparently with new content.
And for once it's not just XBLA. Shocked
Awesome game, and I highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Terraria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Razz

Love this game. I've sunk a ton of hours into it, and I'm still going strong. Very first game I bought for my shiny new PC.

Mined a bunch of Dungeon Brick to get to working on my house. I have the crappy, ill planned part from when I was just building whatever to gather NPCs at the bottom, but the new blue Duneon Brick section is much more orderly. The NPCs are all in their own little rooms which I am slowly adding character to. Not too sure where to go with the rest of the house. Probably make a hall of armor that displays all the sets I get, as I'm sure it common practice.

Made a set of Wings today.
Found a Floating Island.
By jumping.
Shocked
Okay, it was a lowish one, and the ground I jumped off fairly tall, but still... Laughing

Hardmode's kind of unbalanced. There's no progression. It's just a bunch of stronger enemies, but your character no longer improves to combat them except in what armor he gets to wear. Now, with two people this might not be a thing, and with three I'm sure it would be manageable. Two defending, one digging. Drills certainly do make the digging go much faster, so at least there's that.
I'm insulted that Cobalt is the least of the new ores though. Clearly it should be the strongest.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Terraria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:53 am

I didnt mind the spike up for hardmode. seemed fine to me. however the bosses are another story. I have done all I can in terraria without beating a boss. thats when i gave up
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Terraria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:23 am

Well, it doesn't really follow the game structure of, "Beat this level, beat this boss, win game." that most games do. It really is just one that you play until you're sick of it.
Yeah, the bosses are there, and they are a challenge, but they just don't seem to be the point of the game. The goal isn't to beat them, it's just to survive and build what you want.
There are only two that really do anything when you beat them. Skeletron lets you get to the Dungeon to get a couple of NPCs and gold/Shadow keys for the Floating Island/Underworld chests, and Wall of Flesh starts Hardmode.

Really, the spike was probably as much my fault as anything. With no idea where the ores would be, I just assumed they'd be in the newly transformed areas. Be at full 400 health and everything, but still get 3 shot before I could react.
Worst were Chaos Elements and World Feeders. Got to box in if you want to not be teleported onto by the CEs, but if you do that, then you can't dodge the Feeders. Mad
I wish I'd known that there was less dangerous to get ore outside the Underground Hallow/Corruption. If I'd gotten the Mythril armor before trying to take that on, then maybe it wouldn't have seemed as sharp a spike.

Now that I've looked into it, I can say that I don't much like that the best stuff can only be crafted by defeating the bosses. Crafting better stuff is what you do to beat the bosses. Once they're all dead, then what good does it do you? Always hated games that give you the best weapon after all the stuff you would use it on was gone. I'd just rather it would be something else besides a weapon or armor. Not sure what though.
Shrug

Well, whatever. I've got my Adamantite Helmet, and I'm well on my way to the Breastplate and Greaves. I've already made one Mechanical Eye, but I haven't tried the Twins yet. Do that once I've got a full set.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Terraria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:46 am

there isn't a linear path, but there is essentially a upgrade tree of sorts.

Hard mode bosses drop soul of sight/might/fright which are used to craft the best gear in the game. Cant get it without beating the bosses.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Terraria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:01 pm

I know. That what I was complaining about. Laughing

There is a sort of Hardmode upgrade tree, but it isn't always an upgrade.
Cobalt Armor is actually weaker than Molten Armor, the highest prehardmode set.
Mythril has much better defense, but adds a lower damage boost for the set than Molten. Not much lower, so it's still a huge upgrade.
Adamantite seems to be the way to go as I get more of a damage boost and more defense off the helmet alone than the Mythril set provides.
Looking forward to Hallow, but what I don't like is that I won't get any of it until after I need it most.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Terraria - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terraria   Terraria - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 3:18 pm

Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19