Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

God of War I, II and III

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

God of War I, II and III Empty
PostSubject: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 11:49 pm

These games are too good to not be here. I'm sure that this will be no Uncharted 2 thread with like 11 recreations from filling up too much but I'm also sure that this will convince atleast a few people to try the GoW 3 demo or buy the GoW collection.

I recently bought the GoW collection (GoW 1 and 2 remastered in HD for PS3) and was absolutely blown away. This is the first PSN purchase that actually felt well worth the money. U2 DLC maps suck. U2 MP skins suck and are silent which is fine by me but not everyone else. Black Ops first strike maps I rarely play (not to mention Black Ops is Black Ops) and all of the AC Brothrehood DLC has been a let down for me. However I can safely rest my reputation on this statement. The GoW collection from PSN is worth four times what you will pay for it. The games are phenominal. They look much better than they do on PS2 (hence remastered) and are a ton of fun. I intend on buying GoW3 as soon as I can, even over InFamous 2.

If you are looking for a break from online games that make you rage then why not take your anger out on some greek mythological creatures with a man who understands anger. Why not have fun with it too?
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:13 am

God of War was actually the reason I bought a PS3 in the first place.. I'd played the 1st and 2nd on PS2 and when I heard the sequel was going to be released on PS3 I just couldnt miss out.

They are absolutely fantastic games and santa monica deserve so many awards. Im actually surprised I didnt notice there was no thread for this
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 4:15 am

GOW =win nuff sed
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 11:23 pm

Finished the second game today. Wow, not easy on normal difficulty but that's okay. Makes the victory that much sweeter. I actually can't wait to play through I and II again on god/titan mode.
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:28 am

It sure does push you to the limit thats for sure. There are several times when you just get so frustrated with boss battles. The main way to approach them is calm and collected and no matter what dont button mash...
I love that this game makes you pay attention to the actions of your enemies. This can be a real advantage
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 8:25 pm

Beat GoW1 on "God" today. I had to do the entire final battle sequence all over again because the game froze basically at the finish line. I was upgrading something trying to get max upgrades for that trophy (which I have no idea how to get because both times I've been short by about 10,000 orbs :l

Spoiler:

Anyways beat that little coward Ares all over again (not to mention the freaking doppelgangers that are near impossible). Now for GoW2, man this game is quite a bit longer!
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 2:28 am

I think I'm about halfway through GoW2? This game is good but oddly I like the first game more. Dunno what that is.
Back to top Go down
WrenchNinja36
New in the Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 7:57 am

s1lv3r4554551n wrote:
I think I'm about halfway through GoW2? This game is good but oddly I like the first game more. Dunno what that is.
In most cases, the original is better. I absolutely LOVE the God of War series, but the first is definitely my favorite. I've played/seen all of them, but the 3rd one, but now that I have a PS3 I will pick it up fairly soon.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:36 am

Oh I remember picking the 1st GoW up when it came out, having practically NO idea what I was about to play.

I never got around to beating it on the hardest setting, but that's okay, maybe I'll get to it some other time.

I had somehow forgot that there was a 3rd GoW Shocked

As soon as I get my salary, this is a must for me, haha.
Besides, I think my buddy wants to sell his imported GoW 1+2 collection, so I might get that too.

One question that I think you'll be able to answer, Silver: Didn't you get to unlock certain skins that gave you various abilities?
I remember one of them where Kratos looked like a big fish Laughing
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 2:53 pm

Ah yes. I believe you get that for beating a special challenge mode (in the first game). I haven't even tried to beat it yet but I'm assuming it's difficult.
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:42 pm

I had the skins on PS2 and they were fun fun fun Smile
Back to top Go down
IAmAwesomeSauce
Second Nation
IAmAwesomeSauce

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 7:03 pm

I love these games! I have the platinum on all but the 2nd game (damn gorgon eyes!). Have you all heard about the remastered Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta coming to the PS3. Those will be first-day purchases for me.
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:12 pm

Super stoked for that.

Also on the final boss (titan mode) for the second game. Grrrrr.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:12 am

IAmAwesomeSauce wrote:
I love these games! I have the platinum on all but the 2nd game (damn gorgon eyes!). Have you all heard about the remastered Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta coming to the PS3. Those will be first-day purchases for me.

are they the PSP games ??
i hope they do come to Ps3 i have yet to play them bounce Excited
Back to top Go down
IAmAwesomeSauce
Second Nation
IAmAwesomeSauce

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:31 am

Wadey wrote:
are they the PSP games?? i hope they do come to Ps3 i have yet to play them bounce Excited

They are! Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:35 pm

And they will. : )
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:33 am

s1lv3r4554551n wrote:
And they will. : )

excellent Smile
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 6:24 pm

I bought GoW 3 a month or two back but didn't give it a go until a week ago with uncharted 3 and black ops zombies sucking my time away , WOW . Awesome graphics , buttery smooth frame rate , tons of blood and gore , epic scenes and finishing moves , I love this game now .

Brought the HD GoW 1+2 collection today and really enjoying it so far , HD upgrade is sooo much better when comparing the actual gameplay to the cut scenes which were not remastered which frankly look bad compared to the rest. I'm of course starting with GoW1 . Although I may stop and replay GoW 3 again cos it was so much fun .

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:29 pm

GoW 1 and 2.....wow, you are in for a real treat.
Gonna pick up GoW 3 shortly too along with MGS4.

Have you finished GoW3 yet, Mitch? Short review? Smile
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:57 pm

oh I love GoW 3... I have one more trophy to get and Im platinum. The GoW series is actually the reason I bought a PS3
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:06 am

Gow ftw. i will pick up the two psp games that are now on ps3 as well soon
so then i will have played all 5 games in the series!
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:14 am

Reo wrote:
GoW 1 and 2.....wow, you are in for a real treat.
Gonna pick up GoW 3 shortly too along with MGS4.

Have you finished GoW3 yet, Mitch? Short review? Smile

Yeah I have and I'll just say BUY IT NOW !! , epic scale , awesome action and graphics too .
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:47 am

Wadey wrote:
Gow ftw. i will pick up the two psp games that are now on ps3 as well soon
so then i will have played all 5 games in the series!
Don't be deterred from playing the second one by the quality of the first one. I bought them and Chains of Olympus is a game you can definitely tell was a PSP port. It's still fun, but it's not on par with the consoles. Ghost of Sparta, however, seems like it was made for the PS3 or at least the end of the PS2 like GoW2.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 3:00 am

Started my playthrough of Gow III the other day.
Hooooly cow, I haven't noticed it myself, but I have missed Kratos Laughing

Played 1&2 on the PS2 a few years ago and those 2 games were incredibly fun, so i might pick the new collection up too.

*Reads more in thread*

What, there are 2 more titles?! Shocked

Playstation Store, here I come!
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 4:33 pm

I need to finish the last 2 challenges of the titans on god of war 2 and I have another platinum !!!! , but man they are hard !
Back to top Go down

God of War I, II and III

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Action/Adventure and Survival-
Jump to: