Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

God of War I, II and III

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

God of War I, II and III - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 5:46 pm

Got my cup fulled of Gow 1 , 2, 3 trying to win them at titan mode.
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 12:34 am

These games aren't easy, but if you're looking for a challenge try playing with no upgrades/not health+magic bar extensions. Finished GoW1 like that and most of GoW2 (up to the final boss), now that's hard.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 1:27 am

If you want hard you should also try the challenges , In GoW 2 I'm up to the 6th one and FML !!!! It's hard . I thought I was inches away from the platinum but now it seems so far away .
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 4:01 am

s1lv3r4554551n wrote:
These games aren't easy, but if you're looking for a challenge try playing with no upgrades/not health+magic bar extensions. Finished GoW1 like that and most of GoW2 (up to the final boss), now that's hard.
Can't belive you beat GOW1 like that, how did the hades level not drive you insane ?
Altough the did finish GOW2 with no health or magic but i had almost all of the weapon upgrades so that helped a little.

Me and my brother have had many fist fights when trying to do the challanges, yes! they are hard.
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:31 pm

Cant wait to pick up GoW1 and 2 on the PS3. I need an excuse to play them again and trophies is definitely a good one.
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 1:06 am

First I started with not using red orbs to upgrade. Then I did that + no health extensions and got up to the final boss fight and after dieing at least 30 times to the clones I asked myself "Am I having fun?". My answer was "No" so I just said eff it, moved on to GoW2. I did the same with that game but for some reason I just sort of stopped. Not sure why. Thinking

You know that long spiral staircase that leads to Clotho or whatever it's name is? Yeah, that's probably the hardest part of GoW2. That thing really separates the boys from the men (ignore that I'm 16 hahah). God I hate that part.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 9:46 am

Just finished God of War III.
And here I thought Uncharted 3 was something special. Granted, it IS a good game, but after playing through God of War III, nothing can quite compare...

Mind blowing graphics, spot-on controls and overall great gameplay.
Being interested in Greek mythology, this game had me hooked right from the start.

It's so good that I am actually considering playing it through once more, right now.
This surely goes into my top 10 games ever played. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 1:34 pm

When your fighting on the back of cronos there really isnt anything much like it is there??
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 3:09 pm

nope, its one of a kind.. and
Spoiler:
is so wierd.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 5:39 pm

wolf_cub61 wrote:
When your fighting on the back of cronos there really isnt anything much like it is there??

Ha, I actually kept a savefile just before that part so i can re-live it a copious amount of times cheers

Another part I like a lot was:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 11:02 pm

I lent my friend the game and watched him play through the first level , still can't believe the gore and sense of scale in those scenes and that first boss !
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 11:24 pm

Reo wrote:
wolf_cub61 wrote:

Ha, I actually kept a savefile just before that part so i can re-live it a copious amount of times cheers

Another part I like a lot was:

Spoiler:

I did also. Great minds think alike my friend
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 4:01 am

What I love about God of War games is that the first levels themselves are like something a final boss battle should be in any other game. And they just keep bringing the awesomeness as you go in.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 4:03 am

Lod wrote:
What I love about God of War games is that the first levels themselves are like something a final boss battle should be in any other game. And they just keep bringing the awesomeness as you go in.

Agree entirely with that Smile
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 7:16 pm

Grrrr. Can't believe I've never played more than the demo of GoW3.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 4:24 am

s1lv3r4554551n wrote:
Grrrr. Can't believe I've never played more than the demo of GoW3.

I'm jealous, I want to experience it all again without knowing what to expect Crying or Very sad

Are the PSN titles any good?
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 7:31 am

What I have seen,heard and played, the PSN titles are awesome, but they are still ports of psp games so dont expect anything as fast paced as GOW 3 or even as technically amazing.

Still good games.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 2:39 pm

Has anyone done the 6th challenge in "the challenge of the titans" in god of war 2 ? . Any tips ? , I have had 20 tries + and getting nowhere , they just keep coming!!!! . I am so close to my platinum I can taste it !!
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:31 pm

For those who didn't know , I has the platinum for GoW2 !!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:57 pm

Been getting back into this game, platinum doesn't seem to bad, mopping up a bunch of collectible trophies this playthrough and then only a titan difficulty trophy to go, though tht might be tough !
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 12:50 am

is titan for gow 3? if that is true than its not that bad. its not even the hardest difficulty.

also if you need the trophy for maxing everything out there is a glitch to unlock it without needing to play through the game I discovered. I forgot how to do it exactly. but if you google my old user name The_white_fang (make sure google is searching for it with the underscores or it will take you to something else) youll get stuff showing how to get it.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 2:04 am

Yep I used that glitch, apparently you can use it to get infinite health and maxed out weapons on titan difficulty, not sure whether I should though.
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:19 am

Na dont... More fun the other way.
I find that don't really get frustrated with GoW games if I can't get anywhere. Its that fun to try and figure out the weaknesses I just cant bring myself to glitch.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: God of War I, II and III   God of War I, II and III - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 5:22 am

Only issue is I find even normal difficulty hard, might work on my hard-core DS2 run before trying this.

The titan difficulty playthrough is the last trophy I need for the platinum so I'm definitely keen to do it !
Back to top Go down

God of War I, II and III

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Action/Adventure and Survival-
Jump to: