Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 3:06 am

Source.

Quote :
Square Enix is remaking Final Fantasy X for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. Announced during Sony’s Tokyo Game Show press conference this morning by Square Enix producer Shinji Hashimoto, the game is being created in celebration of the game’s tenth anniversary.

No additional details were shared. Hashimoto promises an update once development has progressed further.

"Remaking" there just means giving it an HD update, as was done with other PS2 titles in recent years (GoW collection, etc.), not a "from the ground up" kind of remake.

This comes as good news for any who might have missed out on FFX in the past, or who have since been separated from their game or its console.
Others might take it more along the lines of "They're done rereleasing FF games on the DS then?" kind of way.
Either way, I'm looking forward to more details. Like maybe getting to play that International Version America keeps missing out on? That'd be nice.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 4:48 am

Your not allowed that version.

So will it be on Blu-ray or Downloadable you think? I gotta figure out what Vita is...
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 11:07 am

: D
*cries tears of joy*
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 5:20 pm

Not sure what to think. If my PS3 was still backwards compatible I would just play my original copy >_<
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 5:21 pm

My original got scratched by an 8 year old.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 5:49 pm

Lod wrote:
My original got scratched by an 8 year old.

I would kick the shit out of that 8 year old if I wasn't over 14
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 7:51 pm

Raistlin wrote:
Not sure what to think. If my PS3 was still backwards compatible I would just play my original copy >_<
Well, it doesn't appear to be a limited time offer. Laughing You can just rest easy knowing that there's a digital copy of X available should you not be able to play yours.
Of course, if it's that International version with all the extra stuff in it...
If that's the case, then I'll buy it even though my copy and console still work fine.
Back to top Go down
IAmAwesomeSauce
Second Nation
IAmAwesomeSauce

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:35 am

HOLY SWEET BABY JESUS!!!!
*laughs manically*
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:38 am

YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED THAT VERSION!
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:43 am

So many good PS2 HD re-releases coming, it's quite insane.
Thinking about picking up this along with MGS HD and RE4 HD.
Bye bye, salary....I hardly knew ya Laughing
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:20 am

Reooooooo <333

RE4 is ftw ;w;

Hopefully this has trophies, if so the Plat will be mine : D
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:00 am

Lod wrote:
YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED THAT VERSION!
It shall be mine, blast you! In the words of my forefathers, "Neener neener! Razz"

Heya, Reo. Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita 811307
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:57 am

mmmmm ava....
Back to top Go down
IAmAwesomeSauce
Second Nation
IAmAwesomeSauce

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:47 am

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvIp4tRIUJI

Just watching this gives me the chills.

So freaking hyped. My all-time favorite game, no question. Smile
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 12:09 pm

Static-Star1 wrote:
Reooooooo <333

Team-killer!!.....

I mean....STATIC!! <333 Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita 915210

I played this for a while when it was first released, but since I got my butt handed to me at a certain boss battle, I put it back on the shelf and later on ended up selling it.
I've regret that many times, especially since I am not able to play PS2 games on my PS3, so I'm psyched for this Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:13 pm

Reo wrote:
Static-Star1 wrote:
Reooooooo <333

Team-killer!!.....

I mean....STATIC!! <333 Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita 915210

I played this for a while when it was first released, but since I got my butt handed to me at a certain boss battle, I put it back on the shelf and later on ended up selling it.
I've regret that many times, especially since I am not able to play PS2 games on my PS3, so I'm psyched for this Very Happy= :D

With love, of course <3

what boss were you stuck on? Cause I remember being stuck on Sinspawn Gui on Operation Mi'hen right after Luca for a while lol
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:21 am

*Remembers the very final boss* hehehe
Back to top Go down
IAmAwesomeSauce
Second Nation
IAmAwesomeSauce

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 11:38 am

Everybody ready to dodge the 200 lightning bolts again?

Mad
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 1:04 pm

Boy, am I!
No

Lod wrote:
*Remembers the very final boss* hehehe
You mean the Final Aeon? Because there certainly weren't any bosses after that...
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Static-Star1 wrote:

what boss were you stuck on? Cause I remember being stuck on Sinspawn Gui on Operation Mi'hen right after Luca for a while lol

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 1:44 pm

The fight in the Lake Macalania ice temple, after you get Shiva, right? That is a bit of a jump in difficulty. If you go in unprepared, it's a royal pain.
Do you tend to fight random encounters, or just run? That's what nearly stuck me in a few places on different games in the past. Usually there's a chance to grind levels before the boss fights, but not always, as is the case with Seymour. Makes keeping two alternating save files a must.

That fight should be fairly easy if you've been working on your Yuna. She should have the four Null spells by then (Null-Shock, Null-Blaze, Nill-Frost, Null-Tide) and that's all you really need until he gets close to death. See, he always casts in the same order. Something like, Fire>Blizzard>Thunder>Water repeating. As long as your Yuna goes at least once between his turns, then you only have to worry about casting the proper Null spell. Heal your people with potions as needed, and don't forget to use their Talk commands for stat boosts.
When he summons Anima, you should respond by summoning Shiva. Her fairly high evade should keep her alive, as unlike Seymour, Anima has no Fire spells. Remember also that Shiva can heal herself with Ice magic. From there on it's mostly just a matter of building up her overdrive gauge. Once Anima's gone, the rest of the fight goes back to the first pattern.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 5:48 pm

When this comes out I am so buying it!
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:26 am

The very very last fight
Back to top Go down
IAmAwesomeSauce
Second Nation
IAmAwesomeSauce

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:22 pm

Still excited!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita   Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita EmptySat May 12, 2012 10:16 pm

Me too.
Still no new details yet. Hopefully something at E3. bounce
Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy X Coming to PS3, Vita

View previous topic View next topic Back to top