Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:43 pm

Except that they don't get everything in working order, as the other titles can attest.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:40 pm

oblvion is in good working order. nothing game breaking there. same goes for Fo3. ive beaten it several times on ps3 and no major issues there either. NV still isnt to goty.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:38 pm

Yes it is. I own it. They do call it the Ultimate Edition, but it's the same thing. Game and all the DLC.
But I can't finish it because it has massive slowdown, lag, and outright crashes. Bad quest triggers, screwy AI, etc. I could go on and on.

Fallout 3 is also rife with glitches, from the minor graphics things like people's faces failing to load, to the same major problems I pointed to in NV.

Oblivion contains at least one broken quest on the PS3 (Vampirism cure, kind of important.), and suffers from the same types of slowdown problems, though not to the same degree. As the least complicated of the titles, it also has the least problems. Most complaints leveled against it were mechanical, and at least those were addressed in these follow up games, though how successfully is debatable.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 4:22 pm

I didnt say glitches were non existent, just that they werent game breaking on the same level as the current state of skyrim.

and curing vampirism isnt really that big of a deal. its quite easy to never get it in the 1st place. once your infected you have plenty of time to get it cured before it sets in.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:16 pm

Not if you don't happen to know about it, or know that the quest is bugged. You shouldn't be having to research each quest online beforehand. Moreover, there is an actual quest to cure it in the first place. That should kind of be playable. You shouldn't have to avoid playing parts of the game.

The glitches in Oblivion are annoying, but only that one is really game breaking. The other games' glitches absolutely are game breaking. As stated, the problems prevent you from playing the game. In the case of New Vegas, I've never gotten to finish the main questline because of this. Almost as bad in FO3, but at least it didn't tend to hit until the DLCs.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 7:16 pm

so to all you that have been saying F you to bethesda regarding dawnguard. apparently the reason they havent announced it yet is because they arent satisfied with how it is performing on the ps3.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/02/bethesda-not-yet-satisfied-with-dawnguards-performance-on-the-ps3

Quote :
Bethesda notes that it’s “not yet satisfied with Dawnguard’s performance on the PS3. We would like for everyone to have a chance to play Dawnguard, but we aren’t going to release it for PS3 knowing that some people’s experience in Skyrim will be worse. We do everything we can to have our content available to all; from our free updates, to user mods, to paid DLC. We’re as disappointed as our fans when that isn’t the case, but we’ll continue to push for that reality.”
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 7:49 pm

Fitting. No one else is happy with Skyrim's performance on the PS3 either...
If this is an attempt to change that, all well and good. But I just don't see them actually caring now if they didn't to put it out in working order in the first place. Seems more like spin to put a good face on the delay.
Proof one way or the other? None.
I only know that trust is easy to lose, and very hard to get back. We'll see how they do.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:29 pm

why else would you delay a product except because it isnt up to standards? especially a product that is finished on other platforms. that is why you delay a product so you can continue working on it and make it better.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:54 pm

I'm not saying that isn't the reason, just an indicator of where PS3 ranks for them that it's the last one worked on. You can bet your boots that 360 and PC had their share of problems as well, but 360 is given priority. PC's release was today at more than a month behind that, and now they finally say they're working on the PS3 version? Well, if it takes a month to go between similar systems, then you can figure at least as much again for PS3, plus Sony's (incredibly ineffective) QA, though that part isn't their fault.
When we're consistently put in last place, in addition to having patches that are not only a ways behind others getting them, but sometimes break new parts of the game as well (did they ever get Elemental Resistances and dragon AI working properly again?) then it doesn't make the PS3 crowd feel like very valued customers. They pay as much, anticipate as much, and show just as much loyalty, yet always get the short end of the stick.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:42 am

I agree with Monkey, if Bethesda really cared about the PS3 than we wouldn't have had to watch the Xbox360 version getting patched up while our version was a buggy mess...
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:35 pm

(I may or may not type up a response latter, too lazy atm)

anyone seen conan reviews skyrim?
http://teamcoco.com/video/clueless-gamer-conan-reviews-skyrim
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:13 am

This game really was a pity. I wish devs would take more time when making our version so it's not sub-par. I may just give Bethesda one more chance for Fallout 4, they better make a good job of it next time !!.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 11:37 am

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Ouch. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 860619 move, Konami.
Angry :angry:

Just another example of the lack of quality these days. It's all "rush, rush, get it out the door asap, and don't bother with QA" these days. Sad The whole we can patch it argument doesn't work, obviously, since either the patches can be broken themselves, or it could be something like this.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:52 pm

part of the problem is konami outsourced it to a crappy dev, AND they lost the frickin finished code. so the crappy devs they outsourced it to had a crappy buggy code to work with
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:01 pm

And it still saw release? Wow.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:34 pm

why wouldnt they release it? they like money.

and for the record bethesda does get the benefit of the doubt from me. konami doesnt
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 3:57 am

nobody wrote:
why wouldnt they release it? they like money.

Sorry Monkey but this pretty much trumps anything you can say about wheter they should or shouldn't release a crappy quality game or discussions about content.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 4:03 am

Erm...no?
It doesn't matter that they're going to do it regardless. That's a given. It's only once people stop forking over for it anyway that they'll be forced to stop. Same goes for any and all of these terrible business practices.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 4:06 am

Yeah but they like money and people like games. Not to mention all the young teens who don't know much about quality or content or don't care cause parents fork out the money for them that will still buy the items. So while I agree with your arguement on qualty content costs etc, I don't see it changing for a long while.

Also my reflection in my monitor looks freaking fantastic today.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 4:14 am

New monitor then? Razz

We can only do what we can. Educate the newbies as well as possible. Not buy in to the bad stuff. Not support the companies that do this, even if that means skipping titles we love, or only getting them used.
Even if I don't have a lot of hope of success, it's still the right thing to do, and far better than just helping to make it worse.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 4:23 am

Eh it's what I'll be teaching my kid.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 4:32 am

Well, that's good. And it'll definitely help in about 15 years. Laughing
Just remember, "Monkey see, monkey do." (Usually. I'm an exception. Razz)
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 4:37 am

See I'm helping, just slow to the fight is all...
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 16 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:42 am

Well folks, doesn't seem like Dawnguard will be coming to PS3 anyway, oh well, Bethesda screwed PS3 owners over big time this installment.

I hope Bethesda realise how badly they treated PS3 owners and sort it out for the next Fallout/Elder Scrolls. But we all know they won't because Microsoft will just bring out the wallet again and make them give us a crap version so we switch to Xbox, great business practices Micrsoft btw, love how you use your cash to get your 30 day, timed DLC for major multiplatform releases, great job.....Sad .

Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top