Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:09 pm

Have you tested it with other daggers? It could be Mehrune's Razor is just limited in how much the skill affects it to balance its instant kill ability.
Shrug

Civil War was played up well, and I liked the "Temporary Truce" mission you get in the main questline if its still active when you do it.
But the CW missions themselves sucked. I don't want to mostly watch/accidentally slaughter the wrong guys with fireballs and wild sword swings. I'd much rather have fought the entire questline solo and in my own time.

Also, after completing the main quest and being hailed far and wide as the Dragonborn and slayer of the dragon king, was it really needed to send me out to kill a "mighty" ice wraith to prove my worth? That crap should have been skipped. Imperials and Stormcloaks should have been in a bidding war to get me on their team! Laughing
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:23 pm

Jmw566 wrote:
I was kind of disappointed with the Civil War questline myself.

Then again, the engine could barely handle the battles that happened. I wouldn't wanna see what it would do if they tried to make it like a legitimate war.

EDIT-As for the daggers: it's weird because the damage improved when I leveled up one handed skill. Mehrunes Razor went from 32-33 for me.
all weapons do that. they have a base damage that is modifyied by your skill, or any enchantments that boost it.

mehrunes dagger is a leveled item meaning its base damage will be higher if you find it at a higher level. the number you see is nit the base damage
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:39 pm

nobody wrote:
Jmw566 wrote:
I was kind of disappointed with the Civil War questline myself.

Then again, the engine could barely handle the battles that happened. I wouldn't wanna see what it would do if they tried to make it like a legitimate war.

EDIT-As for the daggers: it's weird because the damage improved when I leveled up one handed skill. Mehrunes Razor went from 32-33 for me.
all weapons do that. they have a base damage that is modifyied by your skill, or any enchantments that boost it.

mehrunes dagger is a leveled item meaning its base damage will be higher if you find it at a higher level. the number you see is nit the base damage

But the foes in the quest are also higher leveled... so it makes sense the weapon would be also. I skipped a few quests 'cause I was busy eating stuff I picked to see what would happen..... anyways the weapons seem lame and the enemies very easy. Getting a sword that makes the dead up to level 12 flee doesn't cut it when your a level 32. I'm finally going after Dawnbreaker. Anyone pick the Blackstar during the Azura quest?? Why did you, and how is it working out?
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 1:01 am

Dawnbreaker looks real cool but it isn't as powerful as it should be really , still compulsory for the trophy however .
Back to top Go down
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:43 am

I find it funny how
Spoiler:
and it doesn't seem to affect the civil war questline at all...

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:09 am

Mehrunes razor would be much better as a sword then a dagger. Daggers are for stealth, and when you are sneaking your moves are generally more calculated then when your in battle hacking away. you cant count on the razors effect to happen. and in the chance that it does it isnt likely to matter much anyways. now if your hacking away at an enemy with a sword not only are you most likely hitting an enemy more times in quick succesion increasing the odds of it triggering, but the instantkill is much more likely to actually do meaningful damage.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:33 am

Well I got back into this with my Orc. The Daedric Armours Pauldrons still bug me on aesthetics. All the other stuff looks good, then bam shoulders. Love the helmet. Keep trying to find something else it might look good with. Frigging daedra and their love of the 80's shoulder pads.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:26 am

Lod wrote:
Well I got back into this with my Orc. The Daedric Armours Pauldrons still bug me on aesthetics. All the other stuff looks good, then bam shoulders. Love the helmet. Keep trying to find something else it might look good with. Frigging daedra and their love of the 80's shoulder pads.

You got a sissy Orc ??? This game does one thing for me that I always wanted.. it gives me super mature Zelda like play . I loved playing Zelda but it always seemed like my character was a little boy... not a grownup.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:56 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Have you tested it with other daggers? It could be Mehrune's Razor is just limited in how much the skill affects it to balance its instant kill ability.
Shrug
The only other dagger I have is kharlkadjsf;lkdasj;flkdjas;lkfjdas fang for cutting out heart scales (because I picked it up and now can't get rid of it because I need it for a quest I can't even start for like another 45 levels in whatever magic skill it is). It didn't change either.

nobody wrote:

I know, I was just showing that it levels up based on my one handed skill, but isn't affected by my fortify one handed enchantments.

Also, another thing that bothers me:

I just got level 100 enchanting last night and got the double enchantment perk. You can't just add another enchantment to your existing weapons...you have to make a new weapon/get a new weapon and double enchant it at once. That's so stupid.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Dammit , I am going for that double enchanting perk !! , at lvl 95 enchanting now .
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:13 pm

Yeahhhh.

Luckily, I have like 8 Daedra hearts, so I should be able to make some pretty awesome stuff without having to collect more materials.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:03 pm

I went to the college of winterhold and raided the entire place of every alchemy ingredient and about 30 soul gems , the arch mage's quarters especially has a heap and I don't have to steal that stuff . Got alchemy to lvl 51 , enchanting to lvl 100 and now I am halfway to lvl 50 !! .

Also amassed a total of 10 daedra hearts and finished the civil war questline . Now only thieve's guild missions to go .
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:36 pm

careful with the thieves guild missions. they can be kinda glitchy. cant finish the quest line
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:23 pm

I'm at level 60 atm. I've done a LOT of quests.

I should probably finish the main story soon. Maybe after the Dark Brotherhood...
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:32 pm

I've finished the main thieves guild quests , now onto the smaller jobs .
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 3:07 am

nobody wrote:
careful with the thieves guild missions. they can be kinda glitchy. cant finish the quest line

I've got a few under my belt and so far so good... what kind of glitches ?? Framerate stuff freezing type things? or something that will stop me from finishing the Thieves guild quest ??
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:34 am

Fucking Bonestrewn Crest glitched. Fecking retarded dragon.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:23 am

rrwatch wrote:
nobody wrote:

I've got a few under my belt and so far so good... what kind of glitches ?? Framerate stuff freezing type things? or something that will stop me from finishing the Thieves guild quest ??

If you sell the guild armor before the quest where you have to upgrade one piece you won't be able to get past that quest, and won't be able to finish the guild story line. If you sold it there's no way to get the armor back
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:10 am

Backtracking a bit, but the dagger talk and one handed weapon skill increasing. Daggers are on handed weapons, from stealth perked can do 15x damage... am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:26 am

RHYN0X wrote:
Backtracking a bit, but the dagger talk and one handed weapon skill increasing. Daggers are on handed weapons, from stealth perked can do 15x damage... am I missing something?

It depends on your character play I think. Some feel Mehunes Razor would be better served as a sword because of the way it kills and it is a leveled weapon so it depends when you get it. I have a stealthy character developing so thats my next perk... I noticed a big jump almost suddenly around 80 or so in sneakiness. Now enemies will sometimes run right past me. I think it might be the light armor weighs nothing perk I used
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:45 am

RHYN0X wrote:
Yup, both true.

Although daggers (Or at least 3 unique daggers I've come across) aren't affected by the "One handed weapons do x% more damage" enchantments
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:14 pm

I will hopefully get my platinum for this today . Reached level 50 last night .
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:25 pm

jadedoblivion wrote:
rrwatch wrote:
nobody wrote:
incase you need to reload from an earlier part

If you sell the guild armor before the quest where you have to upgrade one piece you won't be able to get past that quest, and won't be able to finish the guild story line. If you sold it there's no way to get the armor back
and some issues with people following you. id make a new save between each mission
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:50 pm

I am seriously ready to break my disc , after doing 70 missions for the thieve's guild I have yet to get a main mission in the 4th and final city . ANY way to get it ? .
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:36 am

That's strange.
Perhaps you have to progress the main storyline for the Guild more? Have you done the missions that Mercer sends you on and such?
Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top