Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:02 pm

Mitchellkillgour wrote:
I was hoping there was some unique bow I could get that's ultra powerful Sad .

I have had the Daedric bow since I was a lvl 20 , I am lvl 43 now and have not found a better one . Found a sword with the Banish enchantment on it , it is seriously amazing , I disenchanted it and now I am making iron daggers worth 2000 gold . I still have 100+ soul gems ( mostly petty though ) . It beefs up the value of items so much .

I was so loaded in cash that I bought all the furnishings for my Whiterun house at once . I now have a chest full of 150+ assorted potions , a drawer full of about 30+ pieces of valuable enchanted armor , 2 bookshelves worth of books , a drawer full of 100+ various ingots , gems and jewellery . I also have a chest of about 50+ enchanted items ( basically all banish enchantment and worth 1500+ gold ) and my original chest now holds all my unique weapons that I find , now totally about 100+ too . My hoarding is getting a bit ridiculous Smile . I intend to sell my gems and I am trying to sell my banishment weaponry but I can't even sell one weapon as the merchants never have enough gold to buy it at the proper price . My collection is growing so fast that I will be forced to upgrade my house to hold it all haha . I do intend to buy the most expensive house in the future but how do I get the merchants to have more cash ? , my speech is currently at 57 .
and that is why i buy daedra hearts instead of finding them...though the stuff as dagons shrine respawn including all 5 or so daedra, all the gold ingots and the chests full of good loot
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:29 pm

In case anyone is still looking for the guide. I bought the paper back on Amazon.ca last night, on sale for 19 bucks and change!

Should have it early next week, and then I can start all over with informed choices this time! woo hoo.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:35 pm

RHYN0X wrote:
In case anyone is still looking for the guide. I bought the paper back on Amazon.ca last night, on sale for 19 bucks and change!

Should have it early next week, and then I can start all over with informed choices this time! woo hoo.

Why don't you just use the Skyrim wiki ?
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 1:28 am

Mitchellkillgour wrote:
RHYN0X wrote:

Why don't you just use the Skyrim wiki ?

I got it because it is very complete and decently organized. I have a desktop an Ipad and a netbook I have to run upstairs to my office to my desktop and the other two are not as quick as looking up something real quick in real time while playing.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 4:29 pm

I'm in a similar boat as rr. I have a desktop (Power gaming PC), and my wife has a laptop that is slow as dirt. I like the ease of the books, and the layouts... plus having a laptop while on the toilet just feels weird... errr I mean, I like books... yeah, that's it.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 7:29 pm

i use my tablet for everything. its so much faster then my desktop. though i did buy the guide, because that was before there was worth while content on the wiki
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:59 am

I just play the game.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 7:42 pm

Lod wrote:
I just play the game.

Yeah but stilll....... Every once in a while ...... during those WTF moments
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 8:21 pm

I used elder scrolls wiki for:

When I have to choose between two items I know nothing about (Daedric Quests)
Which item will count towards a trophy (Daedric Quests)
Bugged things
Some quest decisions that seem ambiguous
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:10 pm

I just use it to hoard the unique weapons Smile . ( where to find them )
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:27 pm

the problem is most of the unique weapons are garbage used mostly for quests
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:03 pm

nobody wrote:

Chillrend , Wuuthrad , the blade of woe , dragonsbane , those are the best IMO
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:04 pm

Why I wanted the book - I tend to be a "I want information, and more information" type of person. I don't want spoilers and will avoid story information, but for builds, itmes, crafting, etc. I want as much info as possible.

Hell, when I bought a humidifier for the twin's room I spend 2 weeks researching them lol.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:53 pm

Mitchellkillgour wrote:
nobody wrote:

Dragonsbane is seriously outmatched by my Daedric weapons.

Chillrend is still really good, especially with the paralyze enchantment.

I don't know about the other two.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:18 am

RHYN0X wrote:
Why I wanted the book - I tend to be a "I want information, and more information" type of person. I don't want spoilers and will avoid story information, but for builds, itmes, crafting, etc. I want as much info as possible.

Hell, when I bought a humidifier for the twin's room I spend 2 weeks researching them lol.

Yep me too ! I want the best bang for my buck in all things. Btw I broke the 100 hour mark on Skyrim....... celebrated by getting married... I already hate her..... she is looking more like deceitful Ebony blade fodder all the time... she makes decent coin but all this "my love stuff" is so repetitive.... Huh
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:26 am

Jmw566 wrote:
Mitchellkillgour wrote:
nobody wrote:

Dragonsbane is seriously outmatched by my Daedric weapons.

Chillrend is still really good, especially with the paralyze enchantment.

I don't know about the other two.

Blade of Woe ( powerful dagger ) is obtained from one of the last dark brotherhood quests . It has 2 better damage than the Daedric Dagger ( when both are legendary status ) and also absorbs 10 health . Wuuthrad has the same damage as the Daedric battle-axe yet weighs less . My Dragonsbane is at 62 damage , what is the daedric sword at full status ? . My chillrend is only at 58 damage .

I'm still not sure about the Skyrim guide , the wiki has heaps of info , is free and isn't discovery the main part anyway ? . It looks nifty but I still don't see any major advantages over the wiki ?

I am only 70 hours in but I has over 80% of the trophies now Smile .
Back to top Go down
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:41 am

193 hours and 95% of trophies. Just missing Master Criminal and Oblivion Walker.

Not sure if I can do the latter one now because I chose to save that guy instead of listening to the voices in my head...

I did save just before that point so I could reload that and have a headstart, but I might just re-roll and play as a wood elf or something, give Lanis Noitsegnoc a rest.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:38 am

I heard the thieves guild silver trophy takes ages ?
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:42 am

Mitchellkillgour wrote:

Blade of Woe ( powerful dagger ) is obtained from one of the last dark brotherhood quests . It has 2 better damage than the Daedric Dagger ( when both are legendary status ) and also absorbs 10 health . Wuuthrad has the same damage as the Daedric battle-axe yet weighs less . My Dragonsbane is at 62 damage , what is the daedric sword at full status ? . My chillrend is only at 58 damage .
I don't have numbers off my head. I just know my Dragonsbane was right about on par with Chillrend in damage, but only having that 10 point bonus (unless to dragons), whereas my Daedric swords and Daedric war axe are a little bit ahead of Chillrend and have badass enchantments (Either Absorb 25/17 health or 25 points of fire damage).

I gave Dragonsbane to one of my Blades.

Is it just me or do daggers not take the "fortify one handed" bonuses from armor? I got Mehrunes Razor yesterday and was excited about it until I had on all my gear and its damage was still 32 for me while my swords and stuff were like 130.

Mitchellkillgour wrote:
I heard the thieves guild silver trophy takes ages ?
So true. I've been doing thieving missions for it seems like FOREVER and I've only taken back Whiterun and Solitude.

So many more to go...
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:02 am

Think daggers have there own class. I know sneak has a perk specific for daggers...
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:52 am

I think they make up for it by having their own Stealth Kill animations, and that x15 damage perk that all but ensures a one hit kill. They're really meant for stealth anyway, not actual combat.

For the Thieves Guild, I believe you have to do about five missions per city to be asked to do that city's main mission. Just go down the lists between your two questgivers and pick up the next on the list that isn't greyed out.
It did take a little while, but I didn't mind that at all though. I loved doing all the Guild stuff, and since these were very minor missions I would simply do them as I did other things.

Did get sick of warping to Riften, then entering the Guild, then going to the Flagon. I really wish you could fast travel to inside some places. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:55 am

There is a grave in riften that takes you directly to the guild, you can fast travel to it... isn't there?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:34 am

There is. That's what I meant when I said Riften (suppose I could have said Secret Entrance or something). But you still then have to go in the door it drops you in front of, meaning you've just sat through a loading screen so that you can activate another loading screen, run for five seconds to another loading screen, talk to two people for about 10-20 seconds, then do it all in reverse just to leave.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:08 pm

Yeah , that's pretty annoying , I still have half the civil war stuff to go also but I am halfway to lvl 49 !!
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 6:04 pm

I was kind of disappointed with the Civil War questline myself.

Then again, the engine could barely handle the battles that happened. I wouldn't wanna see what it would do if they tried to make it like a legitimate war.

EDIT-As for the daggers: it's weird because the damage improved when I leveled up one handed skill. Mehrunes Razor went from 32-33 for me.
Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

View previous topic View next topic Back to top