Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Final Fantasy XII

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

Nation Reputation : 9

Final Fantasy XII - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XII   Final Fantasy XII - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:38 am

I've done Omega Mark XII. Not too difficult once I found the quite ridiculous strategy you have to use.

Started battle with Yiazmat, thought I would make it easier by getting a few Yagyu Darkblades... What an insane bunch of crap you need to go through for that!

Rare drop from a rare game with a 20% chance of spawning! Started Sunday morning. Got none at all all day. Same story on Monday. Rested Tuesday. Finally on Wednesday night after about five hours got 3 to drop at once, then 2 with the next. Thought I may as well carry on and get a full set. An hour later and could not get another to drop so saved and went to bed.

Why does this game have so many rare monsters with rare/very rare drops. It is not fun to do the same thing over and over again!

Anyway, that said I'll finish Yiazmat off so I can get the final badge for Dragon Crest, then Zodiark then I might get around to finishing the game...
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XII   Final Fantasy XII - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 11:05 am

Yeah. I think that's what I hate more than any other mechanic in gaming. Random drops with incredibly small chances. Just ends with you doing tons of pointless grinding.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XII   Final Fantasy XII - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 12:59 pm

I enjoy that in games like World of Warcraft, Star Wars Th Old Republic, Runescape, Lord of the Rings Online, etc. But in games like Final Fantasy where the game actually stops after a certain point that just gets ANNOYING
Back to top Go down
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XII   Final Fantasy XII - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 7:38 am

Done and meh. I like the sounds the Wyrmhero Blade makes, from Dragon Quest apparently but I've never played that.

Might go back on and get all the rare game and complete Sky Pirates Den, maybe.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XII   Final Fantasy XII - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 10:17 am

Kudos on your patience in killing him.
Clap
I could just never be bothered. How long did it take you? What method did you use?

My favorite part of the game were the mark missions and the rare game hunting.
Back to top Go down
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XII   Final Fantasy XII - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:11 am

Yiazmat, I spent a few days getting five Yagyu Darkblades (annoyingly could not get another to drop...) Had all the boys at level 77/78 with these equiped along with bubble belts.

Fairly plain sailing until last 5 bars then gets tricky as characters were getting killed off before they'd got their buffs up. For final stage gave up buffs and healing and just had KO: Arise and Nearest: Attack set up, manually dispelling as necessary. Still very slow but he went down eventually.

Yeah will most likely do the rare game now, should be no match for my weaponry!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XII   Final Fantasy XII - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:40 am

No doubt. Laughing
Fighting them was never the hard part though. It was just getting them to show. Some are annoyingly random. Spent close to two hours trying to get a stupid frog to spawn, just moving two zones away and back. It was sneaky too. Non-hostile and Invisible, so you'd have to go where it looked to be and reflect a spell off yourself to start the fight. This is one I had to look up.
Others were better though. Doing things like killing off the predators of the game you want, or slaughtering them in droves to make the bigger ones appear, etc. The ones that made you think were the ones I liked best.
Back to top Go down
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XII   Final Fantasy XII - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:58 am

Working through the bestiary now, and unlocking second pages too just for completeness.

Most annoying so far is Gazer in Lhusu Mines where you have to stand in the same place for seven minutes until one spawns, then go back to save point, save, soft reset and reload to get another to appear. Five are needed to unlock the second page so that is 35 minutes of doing nothing plus running back and forth.

...and Gazer isn't even rare?!?

How is any sane person supposed to see half of the beasts in this game without looking them up in the guide or online?
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XII   Final Fantasy XII - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:11 am

you mean anyone who isn't paid to find them?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XII   Final Fantasy XII - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:35 pm

You think that's bad? There's one inside the stupid Great Crystal or whatever it was called. The annoying place with all the teleporters and no map. It only spawns when you've killed 256 enemies in one sitting, have a chain of at least 20 of a specific type of enemy, and even then there are a few places it can appear, not just one.
Talk about annoying.

And its rare drop is the only way to get one of them most powerful daggers. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XII   Final Fantasy XII - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 5:32 am

I did say 'so far'...

Ah yes the Larva Eater, aware from that one from researching how to get each weapon.

At least that one involves doing something other than standing around, and after you defeat one, you only need to defeat 50-256 enemies to spawn another! That dagger will be mine in no time!

Was hoping to get at least one of each but missed the (very rare drop) Mythril Sword from Omega Mark XII and bugger if I'm doing that again.
Back to top Go down
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XII   Final Fantasy XII - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 4:57 am

So I have done nearly everything now. I completed the bestiary and so completed the Sky Pirates Den and got Order of Ambrosia. Yay!

I left the PS3 on for about 36 hours trying to get Larva Eater to drop Danjuro. Had a top level chain of Gargoyle Barons before I started then went to XX waystone and ran around that circuit letting the Mum Bombs self destruct. In 8 hours of gameplay I saw only 7 or 8 Larva Eaters and none of them dropped the Danjuro. This random low-percentage drop rate is absolutely the stupidist idea. Eventually had to go and save.

I'd missed a couple of other mobs somehow. One was the Murdu Entite on Giza Plains so had to wait 1 and 1/2 hours for rainy season - another stupid mechanic of this game.

I have every other weapon, armour and accesory so I have to try again for the Danjuro sometime, just sucks.

Oh the only other thing to do is get the bestiary second page for the five mandragoras that spawn in Feywood. Got to do them 10 more times.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XII   Final Fantasy XII - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 10:16 am

Yikes.
There's completionist and then there's OCD. pale
Laughing
Do you really need the Danjuro though? Everything that might need a strong weapon is dead, no?

Either way, congrats on the Den completion. Something I've always wanted to do, but didn't have the patience.
Back to top Go down
TonyTeabag
Fourth Nation
TonyTeabag

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XII   Final Fantasy XII - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:43 pm

No, I don't need it, just annoying its the only weapon I don't have. At least I did give up after 36 hours, I'm not completely insane!

What I find insane are these guys posting videos collecting maximum amount of every item, including Grand Armour, Grand Helm and Danjuro! And the 112333 challenge (no levelling). I found a video of someone getting Danjuro on a 112333 game!

What are you missing for the den?
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XII   Final Fantasy XII - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:59 pm

Now that is just ridiculous, I play these games for the story and all of the side stuff, not to put a video on YouTube about how I can beat the entire game without spending my LP.
Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XII

View previous topic View next topic Back to top