Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:51 am

No reason to enhance your Endurance any further. Aside from a rare few exceptions, 100 is the max. You won't be able to put any more points into it at level up no matter what though.
My suggestion is to focus on the other stats in the areas you've been taking your character. If you've just been hitting stuff, then I'd focus on increasing your Strength. If you want to be able to cast magic more often, work on Intelligence and Willpower. Those are the only true essentials in my book.

After all you went through to get the Crusader armor, you wanna sell it? No grasp of sentimental value? Laughing
Seriously though, little point in selling it as there's no merchant who can buy it as its full value. You're best off just to go back to the Priory basement and activate the armor stand there (where you got the Cuirass in the first place). Doing so sets it all up, including the weapons. That way if you decide you want it later, you can go back and get it. It does have some useful properties. The Boots in particular. They make all wildlife non-aggressive. Monsters still attack, but things like wolves, bears, and cougars will leave you be. (What I wouldn't give for this in Red Dead Redemption! Razz)

Yeah, to use it you have to have 0 Infamy. Doing evil things makes you infamous (as opposed to becoming famous for doing Good deeds). Breaking any law by stealing, attacking innocents, breaking into houses, or absolutely anything to do with the Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild will gain you Infamy. By doing the quest to visit all the wayshrines near the beginning of the Knights of the Nine quest, you got rid of any Infamy you might have had. Don't do any of those things and you won't get any more.

Now, as to finding better armor...Not really. I can't recall much in the way of unique, named Armors, and the ones I do know just kinda suck.
What I do is usually just focus on finding a set of Daedric armor and enchanting it with either Grand Souls that let me put +10 to a stat (usually Strength to offset the heavy weight of Daedric Armor, increase my carrying capacity, and up my damage at the same time), or if I'm feeling lucky, Sigil Stones that let me add +12. You can only get them by closing Oblivion gates, and what kind you get is random. However, if you make it to the stone, kill everything in the room, and save, then you can just reload if you don't get the stone you want. There are a lot of different kinds, so it can take a while, and the few extra points you get might not be worth it to you.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 1:32 am

cool thanks monkey some stuff to think on .

soul gems .whats the highest soul you can trap i only get common or lesser
i have empty grand soul gems but only find common or lesser souls
i kept a war hammer that auto soul traps enemy's but always get you have no soul gems
big enough for this soul
wth i thought grand soul gems wer the biggest ?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 3:49 am

Well, different types and Levels of critters/daedra/atronachs have different leveled souls.
You cannot trap a humanoid soul under normal circumstances. (The Hermaous Mora Daedric quest lets you, but only one of each race.)
What level are you? If you've been min-maxing to get maxed Endurance, then you could be as low as around level 13 or so. I'm going to guess you're up around the 20s though. Not many people will put up with the tedium of min-maxing their stats. Anyhoo, remember that monsters' levels depend on your level. Some will eventually get to giving out Grand Souls if you level high enough.
There are, however, a few monster types that always have a Grand Soul.
Xivilai
Mostly only found in Oblivion Gates, and only at high levels.
Minotaur Lords (or Minotaurs of the Grove)
The Grove variety can be found south of the Hercine Daedric shrine.
Glooms Wraiths
The are frequently found inside ruins of both kinds, human and elven. Another that requires higher levels.

It's important to note that you can Soul Trap any creatures that you summon yourself. So if you can cast any of the Summon spells for those monsters, then trap them and kill them before their time runs out and you'll get their Grand Soul, provided you have a big enough Soul Gem.
You should go get Azura's Star from the Azura Daedric shrine quest, if you haven't already. It's an infinitely reusable Soul Gem that can hold up to Grand size souls.
Oh, but do be careful. The quest involves Vampires. Make sure to take potions/scrolls/spells to Cure Disease with you. Wouldn't want a repeat of the last vampire incident. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 5:25 am

i am only around level 13 off the top of my head min-maxing what do you mean
am i doing it wrong or just the slow way.
i only get 3 points each level to spend on attribute,s strength ,willpower,endurance,excreta.

i thought you fill the red bar for XP by leveling up your major skills once i get 3 ish i think
the bar is full and i get the prompt you should sleep now scratch
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 2:41 pm

Okay, here's how it works.
When you level up your Major Skills ten times, you get to level up your character. It doesn't matter which of them you level, or what level each reaches. You just need those skills to level up.
You don't just get three points, you get to pick three stats. Each of those stats is linked to numerous skills. How many levels those skills (either Major or Minor) have gone up determines how much of a bonus you would get by picking it as one of those three stats.
For example, Restoration, Destruction, and Alteration are all linked to the Willpower stat. If between them they increase ten points before you level up, then you get a bonus +5 points to Willpower, if you pick that stat when you level.
You can see which skills are linked to which stats in their description in the menu.

Min-maxing is a sort of catch-all term for playing with your stat development to ensure high levels of power. Originating in D&D like games, it initially meant to almost completely sacrifice one or more stats or skills to become really, really good at just one thing. It wasn't uncommon to see a Fighter type character with 25 Strength, but only 1 point in Intelligence or Charisma. Completely minimizing some stats to maximize others. Min-maxing. Smile
It has since branched out from that and is often used to describe any sort of stat manipulation.
For example, when I play Oblivion, I tend to try to max my Endurance first as quickly as possible. So, I don't use any of my Major Skills until I need to level up, which I won't do unless I've already increased the skills linked to Endurance (Block, Heavy Armor, Armorer) 10 times so that I get a +5 bonus to that stat when I level up my character. Of course, I'm also doing the same to two other stats at the same time.
Start by picking skills you won't be using normally as your Major skills. Armorer (Endurance), Marksmen (Agility), Alteration (Willpower), Illusion(Personality), Conjuration (Intelligence), Hand-to-Hand (Strength), Light Armor (Speed).
Each of those is a skill you won't be using unless you want to. One of each linked to every stat but luck, which has no linked stats. The Magic Schools are the easiest to manipulate, requiring only that you successfully cast a spell of its type. (Though it does have to work. ie, You can just cast healing spells and not be healing damage. Won't increase that way.)
To go about min-maxing, I would then pick a stat, Endurance, and only level the related Minor skills of Heavy Armor and Block until I got 10 points in them. Then, after doing the same for two other stats, I would start increasing my Major skills. That way when I level, I have +5 to three different stats.
Of course, to keep from wasting levels, I would either increase one of my preferred stat's Major skills by 10 as the last thing I did, or split it up and increase the Minor skills of two of my preferred stats by 5 each, then increase the Major skills linked to the same attribute by 5 each to level up.
Like I said, it can be tedious. But the payout in higher levels is quite large.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:34 pm

You know whats fun? Playing an RPG with a character that will eventually have a power that could accidently tear a hole in reality.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:26 pm

"Accidentally." Yeah, right. Laughing
What class/game?
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:36 am

Hero Sixth Edition. Its one of those giant generic games that you can use to make ANYTHING. Like a spell that uses the fabric of reality to make you less tired. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:38 am

Must be some coffee maker for that. "I am THE BARISTA!"
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:42 am

Now I'm trying to figure out how to stat out a coffee machine. Thanks Liam.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:44 am

Welcome.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:08 am

Coffee Machine:
Profession Skill: Coffee Machine 14- (5 Active Points, 5 Real)
PLUS
Minor Transform 3d6, Only Effects Coffee Grounds (-1), Requires a PS: Coffee Machine roll (Jams) (-3/4), Extra Time (5 Minutes) (-2), Requires an outlet (-1/2), Obvious Expendable Accessable Focus (Water, Filters) (-1), Real Item (-1/4)
(15 Active Points, 2 Real)

Total: 20 Active Points, 7 Real, Rolls PS at 13-.

BOOM
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:12 am

Dunno whether that makes you awesome or scary.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 2:31 pm

We should do a poll to find out.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 4:20 am

Maybe even Awesomely Scary or Scarily Awesome?
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 1:23 pm

Had my first Hero session last night. Thought I would share what happened.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 3:01 pm

Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 535803
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 6:31 pm

I personally enjoyed effectively soloing a monster around three times as powerful as my character.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 3:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:14 am

I do try to think of it as an RPG game myself so that I could do the whole "level up through work" thing. I think I'm just an NPC myself though...
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:16 am

*sigh*
Yeah. NPCs always have set level caps. Mad
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:23 am

*Sigh*
Life is hard.
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 1:32 pm

Never, ever allow people to bring their girlfriends to games.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:42 pm

And gods help you if there's another girl present (but not playing). It will become impossible to hear anything over the chatter level.

Let me guess. Either they expressed interest in learning how to play, but didn't really want to. Or the guy ended up not actually paying attention to anything that happened in game.
Or was it that the group wasn't comfortable relaxing with a nonplayer around?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.   Dare to be Dull.  RPG discussion thread. - Page 18 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:05 am

Cleavage?
Back to top Go down

Dare to be Dull. RPG discussion thread.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top