Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Basic Forum Features

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

Basic Forum Features - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:36 am

The below has been edited into the OP under Basic posting Layouts

To code text you have already typed, you must first highlight the text and then click the button in the editor of the bbcode you want to use.

Otherwise, it will place the single tags at the bottom so you can type new text between the opening and closing.

I'll use the bold button as an example.

Clicking the B button once will place an opening tag. You can now type the text you want to be bolded out.
Clicking the button again, closes the tag. So its a dual function button.

But if you type a whole paragraph, and the decide you want this word to be bold here ,in the middle, just follow the emphasized step above.

Once the text is highlighted, clicking the button places the opening AND closing tag around the highlighted text in one click.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 11:46 am

i've been waiting for this Very Happy= :D
i constantly ran into the problem of not being able to do that
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 11:53 am

Well then, there ya go. Very Happy= :D

Im still looking into the multiple recipients problems in PMs btw.

Thats one I may not get a fix for. We'll see.
For the time being it's a copy and past solution still.
Sorry.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 12:19 pm

i've sent PM's to whole usergroups Neutral
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:35 pm

banded1 wrote:
i've sent PM's to whole usergroups Neutral

Its the method. Pm'ing user groups isnt the problem
It comes in trying to add names in the recipient section under or above that user group option.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 6:14 pm

ohhh. poo
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:57 pm

Changes to Nation Rep points

As of today these changes are in effect.

A user will NOT be able to vote a post plus or minus until they have

1. A post count of at least 75 messages (Second Nation)
2. 5 of their own Nation Reputation Points

This decision was made for a couple reasons. It will slow down any rep boosting with friends, and will force better posting habits in general.

Thanks all.

-Six
Back to top Go down
AXiSnation
Second Nation
AXiSnation

Nation Reputation : 5

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:34 pm

you are missing how to level up on the nation like 1st nation 2nd nation 3rd nation and stuff like that
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Thats in the Nation Reputation and Points section

As of now, it is set as
+3 Points for every topic created by the user
+1 Point for every post
These points are used to gauge a users quantity of input placed in the messages of the forum, and are what raises your Nation Rank
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 11:04 pm

After a little KYN incident, I might as well say this:

If you receive (or send) a private message, you can save it to your Savebox. Now, once it's in your Savebox, you have two options:

1. You can delete the message.
2. You can "Move to profile".

It's this "Move to profile" option that was giving me some grief recently.

If the message you're moving was sent BY you, it will appear in the RECEIVER's visitor messages.
If the message you're moving was sent TO you, it will appear in YOUR visitor messages.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 11:20 pm

Plus one

Thanks Az. I worked that into the Op

I'll beef up the whole PM section a bit more later on.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:22 pm

What's up with the size of the forum? There's so much scroooollllling to the right now. scratch
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:34 pm

That happens sometimes. We don't know why. It'll fix itself eventually.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:20 pm

scratch I have seen a few people saying about the appearance of the forum, but for me it is exactly the same as usually. Weird. Forumotion little gnomes, I guess.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:53 pm

They are Gremlins, and they are evil.

The only time I notice a difference in lay out is when not logged in and on as a guest.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Can't you change the theme to see if that fixes it?
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:03 pm

I cannot have a look att it because I do not have the problem, so could anyone with this problem see if there is anything bigger than the nation rank bars sticking out? For example, a name that is longer than the size of the xth Nation rank graphic, or a comment line, a PSN name in there, etc. I am wondering if one of the new Halloween names (or more) could be too big and that is what it is streching the margin. Anything that goes over the rank bars streches the margin, so that could serve as guideline. Would you please have a look in a thread where you notice the problem, and let me know? When I saw that problem before it was a graphic and a PSN name that were too big. We might be overlooking something.

EDIT: I could change the forum width, reduce it to 80 or 90%, so it might fit in the screen. However, I need someone having the problem to let me know if it works or not. So please, if you have the problem, you connect between 2pm and 01am UK time and you are going to be around for at least half an hour, let me know and post here. I would then try that option, you tell me if it works or not and we decide from there. I do not want to change it, go to sleep thinking it is ok and mess it up Neutral
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 6:24 pm

Maybe Sixy's name is too long?

Basic Forum Features - Page 2 811307 I should be around for a while Sey.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 7:05 pm

Porky wrote:
Maybe Sixy's name is too long?

Basic Forum Features - Page 2 811307 I should be around for a while Sey.

I thought about it too.. Neutral .. but who is the brave to tell him? Laughing Razz

I am going to change the % now. Let me know if it is better. I am going to put it down to 85%
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 7:06 pm

It makes it narrow, I am not sure it makes any difference for you. Is it better?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 7:15 pm

I didn't have any consistent problems before, but now the forum has a squish to it.
My monitor is old with low resolution. The stretch had happened a couple times, but fixed itself. I think the problem is forumotion's.
Shrug
Could be wrong though. In the meantime, "Ctrl +". Ah, that's better...but still squished.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 7:23 pm

Thinking

I wish Porky were still here, I wanted to know how it looked for members that had this problem for a few days. What I do not understand is that if it is forumotion, why only a few people are affected? Puzzled

I will then put it back as it was. Tomorrow if any of the members that had the problem is online I can try to either make it bigger or squish it again. Thinking Could Six put his name back for a sec, so we could see if his name is affecting anything? I have seen it makes the rows higher in the index inside the boards, with the threads, so it might be something similar. This thing started when we changed the names to Halloween names, so if that is the case, it could also be other names. Idk. Just thinking of ideas. But I am running out of them. Lol
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 8:12 pm

Sorry Sey lol I fell asleep. Rolling Eyes

I blame Mr Six. Laughing
And yes, I'll tell him. Ooohh Sixxy, where or art thou? Laughing

Thanks for trying Sey, maybe tomorrow we can try again.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: Basic Forum Features   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:04 pm

Could someone please explain how one uses the table feature in the reply, I can't figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Nat   Basic Forum Features - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:29 pm

FlightOfGrey wrote:
Could someone please explain how one uses the table feature in the reply, I can't figure it out.

Well, if you use the WYSIWYG editor (which you activate by selecting the last icon [A/A]), then everything is much easier. You do this by selecting the 14th symbol "Insert a table", I would recommend first to press "Enter" a few times, that will allow you to put the cursor later on outside the table and ahead of it. So you press "enter" two or three times and go back to the first line. Now you press the "insert a table" button.

You will see two gaps there to fill, one for the rows and one for the columns, let's say you put 3 rows and 5 colums. You get this:

Now, you could go inside that table with the cursor and add any text you want, so you make the colum wider in the process. Example:

The
Sixth
Nation
of
Gamers

Now, that is not really a good way, is it? All the colums are different sizes and does not look good. So we need to add something to the code. We cannot do it in the WYSIWYG mode, so we switch over to normal editing view by pressing again that last button.

OMG! All those rows have been converted to html! Yep. At this time, whilst you are writing it for the first time, they also appear nicely and tidy, with these format:
Code:

[table border="1"][tr][td]The
[/td][td]Sixth
[/td][td]Nation
[/td][td]of
[/td][td]Gamers
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

If you go to the first line, where you have the line=1, you can change or add values:
Code:

[table border="0"]
gives you invisible borders:

The
Sixth
Nation
of
Gamers

Code:
[table border="5"  bgcolor="orange"]
You can add in between the quotation marks any other colour in the site, you can see the names if you click in the colour grid used for the fonts.

The
Sixth
Nation
of
Gamers

Code:
[table border="1"  bordercolor="orange"]

The
Sixth
Nation
of
Gamers

You can combine some tags, look at this table. I have formatted it so it is easier to see. First you have the table field, where I say that the border should be 1 of width and orange. Then I open a TR tag, which is for the row 1. I have the closing tag at the end too. Then I have a TD tag, which creates a column in that row. I have it closed after the text. I open another one for another column and I change the background of that one by adding a BGCOLOR tag. I have deleted all the other rows. Remember to close every tag you open or it will not work. Sometimes is better to do it in the notepad and add some margin to different tags, so you can easily see if you have closed them.

Code:

[table border="1" bordercolor="orange"]  [tr]    [td]The[/td]    [td bgcolor="green"]Sixth[/td]    [td]Nation[/td]    [td]of[/td]    [td]Gamers[/td] [/tr][/table]

TheSixthNationofGamers

You can center your table or add format to your fonts too:

Code:

[table border="1" align="center"][tr][td][b]The[/b][/td][td bgcolor="green"][i]Sixth[/i][/td][td][u]Nation[/u][/td][td]of[/td][td]Gamers[/td][/tr][tr][td]The[/td][td]Sixth[/td][td bgcolor="yellow"][color=black]Nation[/color][/td][td]of[/td][td]Gamers[/td][/tr][/table]

TheSixthNationofGamers
TheSixthNationofGamers

And you can also change the width and height of a cell:

Code:

[table border="1" bordercolor="orange"]  [tr]    [td]The[/td]    [td bgcolor="green"]Sixth[/td]    [td]Nation[/td]    [td width="80" height="20"]of[/td]    [td]Gamers[/td] [/tr][/table]

The Sixth Nation of Gamers

I don't know what else I could add atm. Let me know if anything is unclear or you want to do something specific. Once you post, however, the spaces between the lines get deleted, so if you go to edit you usually get everything in a whole line, which might be confusing. So it is always better to do in the notepad and save it, so if you have to edit something you could do it there and copy and paste it later. Another thing that makes it easy: if you want to format the font, leave it until the end. Then once the table is done, go back again into the WYSIWYG editor and just select the words and format them as you wish.
Back to top Go down

Basic Forum Features

View previous topic View next topic Back to top