Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Resistance 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

Resistance 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:05 am

How did I miss you, Josey? scratch

Welcome to the Nation, budski. Resistance 2 - Page 2 811307

I'ma goin' back to spleep nao... Sleep

* Hangs 'DO NOT DISTURB' sign off big toe * Wink
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:54 am

*sprays Whiteout over "Do Not"*
*motions to Liam, hiding under the bed*
"Okay, yer all set."
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 4:03 am

* Snores and dribbles a bit *

Wha? scratch Oh, only Monkey..... G'night, Monkey.... Sleep
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 4:17 am

Wheeeehehehehe
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 4:27 am

Liam....Where is your other hand? scratch

(Planes, trains and automobiles quote... Wink )
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 4:46 am

Between two pillows...
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 5:23 am

QueensBoulevard wrote:
Six, if we could hook up for something like that, that would be $$$$

Sorry for not being around, I play baseball thursday nights but we lost in the playoffs so now thursdays will be good haha.

Next week im taking a vacation but we will be in touch.

Without a doubt though, consider it done.

I saw there was someone in the other thread who offered to do some coop missions with anyone wanting to develop. I think i'll take him up on that too.

I'll try to remember your guys' screennames and hopefully i'll see you on.

never hurts to have a lot of solid gamers to go to war with

Im always around. Just look for me. Smile
I was talking about the myRes guy who messaged me a couple days ago, and then like always, never showed up in game. I dont know why they always do that?
scratch
I did just wake up, but I dont know that Im solid...oh..you meant the game..... Embarassed

Liam wrote:
Between two pillows...

THOSE AREN'T PILLOWS!
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 5:51 am

Bye
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 6:36 am

Solid?.... Ummmmm.... Wait up, Liam!! Bye
Back to top Go down
Wadofgore
Second Nation
Wadofgore

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 5:59 pm

hey guys.......

Yo Rx foo', good games earlier - schmakk only!!!!!!!! Hold up...........Ok no more schmakin'........damnnnnnnnnnn
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

Nation Reputation : 32

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:45 pm

Wadofgore wrote:
hey guys.......

Yo Rx foo', good games earlier - schmakk only!!!!!!!! Hold up...........Ok no more schmakin'........damnnnnnnnnnn

Yeah, that was a hoot.
"Uh, guys, we're getting pasted, let's start using the front of our gunz tew!" Laughing
I did practically double my total number of shotty kills that game, tho.
I think I'm up to, like, 5. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:26 am

GG's last night, guys... When we finally got into them. Crying or Very sad

R2 iz teh brokenness, bring on R3... Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:38 am

God it aggravates me so.

Ive been an Insom supporter for ever.
But if they are gonna get in the habit of releasing broken games and then leaving them out there 'as is' to go make the next broken game....I wont be any longer.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:47 am

I was thinking last night, "I hope I can get my 'killing machine' trophy before this game completely aggravates me to the point of not wanting to play anymore..." Crying or Very sad

And that's just not right to think like that, is it? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:48 am

Me dont know what yous talking about "Broken" as he playing CoD:MW and Killzone2

Me only gets goofed with party stuff or in Co-op with a few glitches but thats it as everything else works.

As for the new person (sorry forgot name) Me on at odd times if you want to Co-op and if you send a invite can you please put a message in with it as me gets lots of random invites.
Back to top Go down
Josey__Wales
Third Nation
Josey__Wales

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 7:17 pm

I've read alot of people on myres say how the campaign is just too easy. Well they must be alot better at this game than me because I just got done beating the game on difficult and I didn't think it was as easy as they make it out to be. Has anyone here beat it on difficult and think that it was easy?
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 7:49 pm

That question does NOT include Ratchet
I had beat on easy or whatever, did the next difficulty level, my data was corrupted around then. I lost eveything. I havent been back to campaign.
Sorry Josey, cant help.
I did find a couple spots to be tough.
The grims in (I think Idaho) leading up to and including the battle with the titans after it.
Something else aggravated me. Cant remember what.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:13 am

Josey__Wales wrote:
I've read alot of people on myres say how the campaign is just too easy. Well they must be alot better at this game than me because I just got done beating the game on difficult and I didn't think it was as easy as they make it out to be. Has anyone here beat it on difficult and think that it was easy?

I have played the campaign precisely once. On difficult. I found it to be, for the most part, pretty straightforward and unchallenging and interminably dull. Every scene had me thinking: ok, this is a bit boring, perhaps it's just setting up the story for me and familiarising me with the weapons, etc. But the whole game went on like that. There was almost nothing to work out for yourself -- pretty much every scene had either somone telling you what to do, or the equivalent of a yellow brick road to follow (thinking of the stupid bit in Chicago where you find your way across the river via the stepping stone cars and then through the 'frightening' (yeah, right) dark hotel interior). But, at least there was the much heralded 300 ft boss battle to look forward to. At least that would be exciting, right? Wrong. The most disappointed piece of linear scripting I have ever seen.

1. Stand here, pick up this LAARK, and shoot the beast.
2. Now run up those stairs and across the gangway. Shoot it once more.
3. Stand there and shoot it again.

Leviathan dies.

Sigh.

It was a relief for me when Capelli drilled Hale at the end: at least the tedium was over.

After LOVING the R:FoM campaign I just can't understand how they made the R2 campaign so awful. I've played FoM through four or five times now. But nothing could induce me to play R2's campaign again. Well, ok, I did try again a couple of months back. I got a way into it and still felt the same incredible boredom I had the first time I played it, so I have consigned that mode of the game to the proverbial dustbin. It's online only for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 7:12 am

Josey__Wales wrote:

Well...Ive beaten the Campaign on Casual twice, Normal twice, Difficult 5 times, and Superhuman 11 times.

Yes, Resistance 2's Campaign is much easier than Fall of Man's Campaign. Yes, there are some difficult areas (Part where your convoy is ambushed in Orick, The Kraken fight (On Superhuman, it kills you in one hit), and the three Titan fight in Twin Falls). That being said, though, R2 is pretty easy.

Yes Six, this question does include me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Josey__Wales
Third Nation
Josey__Wales

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 9:02 am

Thanks for the input guys. I guess I just need to step my game up a bit and put some more hours into it.

Oh ya , good games last night.
Back to top Go down
Enorag
Second Nation
Enorag

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:22 am

RatchetH22 wrote:
Josey__Wales wrote:

Well...Ive beaten the Campaign on Casual twice, Normal twice, Difficult 5 times, and Superhuman 11 times.

Yes, Resistance 2's Campaign is much easier than Fall of Man's Campaign. Yes, there are some difficult areas (Part where your convoy is ambushed in Orick, The Kraken fight (On Superhuman, it kills you in one hit), and the three Titan fight in Twin Falls). That being said, though, R2 is pretty easy.

Yes Six, this question does include me. Smile

The big problem I have with both games is there are always parts where the difficulty goes way up and then back down again - most noticeably on hard, in particular the Widowmaker fights in R:FoM (especially if you went anywhere near a wall - it doesn't help that the first fight is at the end of a long checkpoint-less battle) and the two Titans in Bryce Canyon. Now, R2 was definitely less of a (fun) challenge than R:FoM, but it did have its moments (e.g. Chicago courtyard battle - great stuff), but these were too little in number and so without a great challenge, most of the game became a dull meander between a load of cities that had little to no logical order.

Yet I still liked it Puzzled though I haven't played since the Winter update Sad
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:43 am

Enorag wrote:
Now, R2 was definitely less of a (fun) challenge than R:FoM, but it did have its moments (e.g. Chicago courtyard battle - great stuff), but these were too little in number and so without a great challenge, most of the game became a dull meander between a load of cities that had little to no logical order.

The Michigan Square/Avenue battle was, I think, the only part of the campaign I enjoyed; it reminded me of the battles that were commonplace in R:FoM. Oh and yes, you reminded me of the checkpoints. In R2 you seemed to get a checkpoint every 10 yards. This did make the game even easier, but I guess I was grateful for them because the campaign was SO boring and dull that they did mean you had to spend less time re-doing large sections because of dying. I can't imagine how frustrated I would have been on the very final bit (after killing Daedalus) if it didn't have so many checkpoints.

Online is the only worthwhile aspect of R2, IMO, and the bugs in that make for some unpredictable experiences.
Back to top Go down
Enorag
Second Nation
Enorag

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:01 pm

eattheword wrote:
Enorag wrote:
Now, R2 was definitely less of a (fun) challenge than R:FoM, but it did have its moments (e.g. Chicago courtyard battle - great stuff), but these were too little in number and so without a great challenge, most of the game became a dull meander between a load of cities that had little to no logical order.

The Michigan Square/Avenue battle was, I think, the only part of the campaign I enjoyed; it reminded me of the battles that were commonplace in R:FoM. Oh and yes, you reminded me of the checkpoints. In R2 you seemed to get a checkpoint every 10 yards. This did make the game even easier, but I guess I was grateful for them because the campaign was SO boring and dull that they did mean you had to spend less time re-doing large sections because of dying. I can't imagine how frustrated I would have been on the very final bit (after killing Daedalus) if it didn't have so many checkpoints.

Online is the only worthwhile aspect of R2, IMO, and the bugs in that make for some unpredictable experiences.

Really? I liked that bit, random fires that seem to block your escape route notwithstanding; also, I didn't mind the constant checkpoints, especially considering the instant death scenarios that occur so often. As for online, I think IG were just a few steps away from greatness, but after it all, I could only reach one conclusion - the game was rushed, quite spectacularly and listening to some of the 'post-mortem' interviews, it seems that IG think so too.

Besides, how IG could have ignored so many calls for co-op DLC is absolutely staggering, since this was the feature that seemed to have the vast majority of Resistance fans' playtime, but this brings me to another point - last year, a new studio was set up. What exactly has this studio been doing since then? Surely if they had been helping out with fixing the online, why did it take so long for a patch to fix the many issues prevalent in the game?
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:44 pm

I dunno. I get the feeling that R2 is IG's DeLorean -- it looks fantastic and has some (on the surface) very advanced looking features, but underneath it's just a dog that keeps breaking down.
Back to top Go down
Enorag
Second Nation
Enorag

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 1:21 pm

eattheword wrote:
I dunno. I get the feeling that R2 is IG's DeLorean -- it looks fantastic and has some (on the surface) very advanced looking features, but underneath it's just a dog that keeps breaking down.
Well... that's something... Laughing Laughing Laughing
I liked the water, even if it was just jelly half the time Wink
Back to top Go down

Resistance 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Shooters-
Jump to: