Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Complaint Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Not_STW
First Nation
First Nation
Not_STW

Nation Reputation : -10

The Complaint Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Complaint Thread   The Complaint Thread EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:51 am

No emo kids complaining about thier lives please.

Now that thats out of the way, I have a complaint about this website, It crashes my computer similiarly like when i watch youtube videos for an hour, accept this site can crash it in 15 minutes, & I think i know why!

You dont need the scrolling text pages & flashy things, please make a skin where the texts pages don't need to run a script & those flashy notafaction things don't have to flash.

Simple!

Now complain/comment your little hearts out.
Back to top Go down
Enorag
Second Nation
Enorag

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Complaint Thread   The Complaint Thread EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 12:32 pm

Ooh complaints, actually I only have one and that is the Logout button seems to have vanished, or have I just missed something incredibly obvious? Thinking
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: The Complaint Thread   The Complaint Thread EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 5:26 pm

Not_STW wrote:
No emo kids complaining about thier lives please.

Now that thats out of the way, I have a complaint about this website, It crashes my computer similiarly like when i watch youtube videos for an hour, accept this site can crash it in 15 minutes, & I think i know why!

You dont need the scrolling text pages & flashy things, please make a skin where the texts pages don't need to run a script & those flashy notafaction things don't have to flash.

Simple!

Now complain/comment your little hearts out.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Back to top Go down
Not_STW
First Nation
First Nation
Not_STW

PostSubject: Re: The Complaint Thread   The Complaint Thread EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 9:04 am

I don't have alot of virtual memory & I'm computer dumb so idk how to get rid of stuff or get more.

Anyone like that might have the same problem.
Back to top Go down
SteveO1965
Fourth Nation
SteveO1965

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Complaint Thread   The Complaint Thread EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 9:55 am

Not_STW wrote:
I don't have alot of virtual memory & I'm computer dumb so idk how to get rid of stuff or get more.

Anyone like that might have the same problem.

I am assuming you are running windows xp?
here is how to increase your virtual memory.

1.Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2.Click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
3.On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
4.On the Advanced tab, under Virtual memory, click Change.
5.Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file that you want to change.
6.Under Paging file size for selected drive, click to Custom size check box. You can enter the amount of memory you would like to reserve for Virtual memory by entering the initial and maximum size.
7.Click Set
When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Yes.
You should choose the same amount for the initial size and maximum size. This will Stop your CPU from constantly changing the paging file.

To stop your CPU from constantly changing the paging file, set the initial and maximum size to the same value. For example, 500 and 500. The value should be at least 1.5 times more than your physical RAM. If your computer has 512MB of RAM increase the virtual memory paging file to 1.5*512= 768

Now under system tools you will see setting to clear cookies and unused files? together with maximizing you VM and these your system should run much faster and smoother.

Steve.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: The Complaint Thread   The Complaint Thread EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 11:43 am

Nice Steve.
I voted you a + 1 on Reputation for that.

On rare occasions I have problems with the announcements, but Ive come to find that when I am, its forumotion doing something behind the scenes.
Back to top Go down
SteveO1965
Fourth Nation
SteveO1965

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Complaint Thread   The Complaint Thread EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 11:54 am

SixHousePull wrote:
Nice Steve.
I voted you a + 1 on Reputation for that.

On rare occasions I have problems with the announcements, but Ive come to find that when I am, its forumotion doing something behind the scenes.

Thank you Smile i am no expert but i know my way around a PC, if you have any problems let me know and i will try to help as best i can Smile
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: The Complaint Thread   The Complaint Thread EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 4:47 pm

Plus one too
Smile

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Not_STW
First Nation
First Nation
Not_STW

PostSubject: Re: The Complaint Thread   The Complaint Thread EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:37 am

Well my VM should be more then doubled now, I'll see how it works that was useful info

But still forums don't need fancy scripts Razz
Back to top Go down
chica
Fifth Nation
chica

Nation Reputation : 7

PostSubject: Re: The Complaint Thread   The Complaint Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:31 am

Hi didn't know where to post this, but for some reason i can't reply to any pm's scratch when i try the i just get a blank box and no way of typing. I've tried a different computer and its the same on there, can anybody help me please?
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: The Complaint Thread   The Complaint Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 11:56 am

Didn't have that problem.. mmm...

ETW might have an idea. Can you read PMs at all? I checked your details in the admin section, and the option for sending PMs is marked "yes", so it has to be something else.

You go to "No messages" or "New Messages", go to "new post" there.. and then you have the edit box. Does it allow you to put the cursor in there at least?
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: The Complaint Thread   The Complaint Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 1:16 pm

I have to check the forumotion boards. I think its on their end. I was having issues with my pms yesterday.
Back to top Go down
chica
Fifth Nation
chica

PostSubject: Re: The Complaint Thread   The Complaint Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 2:45 pm

I'm still having problems, when i try to read my messages now the banner at the top isn't there and i still can't reply, my cursor won't go in the box scratch just keeping you posted Kiss
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: The Complaint Thread   The Complaint Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 2:52 pm

Is there a reply button at all?

Is anyone else having a similar or other problems with their pms?
If its a wide spread problem I can try to get the forumotion tech guys in here.

I rechecked the global settings for all members and yours individually. Both are set to yes.
Im confused on this one.
Back to top Go down
mthrfckr1002
Fifth Nation
mthrfckr1002

Nation Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: The Complaint Thread   The Complaint Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 3:06 pm

mine is fine
i think chica is a super duper uber noob Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
chica
Fifth Nation
chica

PostSubject: Re: The Complaint Thread   The Complaint Thread EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 3:08 pm

No its just your's that my box has an aversion too lmao Shocked lol! i have no idea what thats all about....
Back to top Go down

The Complaint Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top