Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Classic RPG Best Spells - Level 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Which Do You Think Is The Best Level 1 Spell?
Chrono Trigger - Lightening
Classic RPG Best Spells - Level 1 I_vote_lcap0%Classic RPG Best Spells - Level 1 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Chrono Trigger - Fire
Classic RPG Best Spells - Level 1 I_vote_lcap0%Classic RPG Best Spells - Level 1 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Chrono Trigger - Ice
 0% [ 0 ]
Chrono Trigger - Water
 0% [ 0 ]
Chrono Trigger - Laser Spin
 0% [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy IV - Lit 1
 0% [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy IV - Fire 1
 0% [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy IV - Ice 1
 0% [ 0 ]
Lufia - Dew
 0% [ 0 ]
Lufia - Bang
 0% [ 0 ]
Lufia - Flash
 0% [ 0 ]
Lufia - Frost
 0% [ 0 ]
Lufia - Spark
 0% [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy VI - Fire
 0% [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy VI - Ice
 0% [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy VI - Bolt
Classic RPG Best Spells - Level 1 I_vote_lcap67%Classic RPG Best Spells - Level 1 I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Lufia II - Droplet
 0% [ 0 ]
Lufia II - Gale
 0% [ 0 ]
Lufia II - Flash
 0% [ 0 ]
Lufia II - Spark
Classic RPG Best Spells - Level 1 I_vote_lcap33%Classic RPG Best Spells - Level 1 I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

Classic RPG Best Spells - Level 1 Empty
PostSubject: Classic RPG Best Spells - Level 1   Classic RPG Best Spells - Level 1 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:50 pm

I couldn't go to work today so, being bored and feeling creative (if you can call this creative) I made a series of videos highlighting the magic spells of 5 main SNES games. Like many RPG's, spells can be categorizes into elements and then each element has varying levels of strength. This was one of the main reasons I looked forward to levelling up. To get new spells and enjoy unleashing them on my foes.

So as I was thinking, I figured I would put this out there - which spells from which game are better in people's opinion. Now power can't be a factor behind this choice because lots of monsters/enemies are strong and weak vs different kinds of magic. So this is about presentation. Which spells look, sound and have an overall greater feeling to them compared to the others.

The videos are split into level 1 spells up to the strongest spells in each game.

This poll is for the basic start spells. Feel free to vote or just explain your choice if you have the time or inclination.

View and decide!

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Classic RPG Best Spells - Level 1   Classic RPG Best Spells - Level 1 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:49 pm

Well, it looks like my pick is leading with 100% of the vote.
FF VI Bolt for the win. Very Happy= :D
Of course, this might change once other people vote.
I liked it mostly because it combined functionality with appropriate appearance. It looks nice, but also does it's job quickly. Now, summons and magic and all always look nice, but in the end it comes down to "How fast can I kill this thing?" for me. Looking nice is just a bonus.

(You know, we had lots of nice topics like this in my RPG thread, but you hadda go and 1up me by adding in the pretty pictures. Sad Smile )
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Classic RPG Best Spells - Level 1   Classic RPG Best Spells - Level 1 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 2:29 am

Sorry man. I didn't even look for prev threads. I needed something to do and this just popped into my head hehe. Embarassed

I voted Lufia 2 spark - simply because for a level 1 spell - raining fire is pretty damn sweet.
I also voted bolt from FF VI because the sound with it really fit the animation perfectly.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Classic RPG Best Spells - Level 1   Classic RPG Best Spells - Level 1 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 3:12 am

Quite alright, good sir. It's the discussion that's important, not the location.
Er, wait, what would Sponge say? Ahem..
Use the Search button, noob! Grr!
Razz
Back to top Go down

Classic RPG Best Spells - Level 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top