Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Fallout 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:22 am

Don't you guys get it? If you die in Canada, YOU DIE IN REAL LIFE!
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:37 am

I am about 2 hours in and really enjoying it, went for high intelligence and above-average strength , agility and endurance.

Thinking of doing the main game first and then move onto DLC's in a new game as will probably be too laggy by then, it's sad really.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:13 am

Intelligence is what I made really high. You can't beat getting more skill points for leveling up Razz.

Also, LUCK is more useful in this game than it is in most game, I'd urge you to get stuff that raises your luck if at all possible.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 5:54 pm

At level 5 now and done a few main quests and one side quest. However, I am really struggling on normal difficulty with weak weapons and little ammo. Anyone know where to find some good armor/weapons early on ?.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:10 pm

Combat Shotguns are something it's not uncommon for raiders to carry.
Do all the quests for Moira Brown at Cratersie Supply in Megaton, making certain to complete all the optional objectives as well. It'll land you some better armor (Armored vault suit) a stick that's handy against molerats, and some other things. But most importantly, it'll help set your path in Rivet City (You need to speak to Pinkerton to complete it the right way). Along the way you can pick up a quest in the science lab (Also pick up the Intelligence bobblehead while you're here.) called The Replicated Man. Do that right and you'll not only get a perk, but also a very handy plasma rifle. You'll just have to be able to take out a couple Mirelurks. There are several ways to end the quest, but only one results in receiving both rewards.

Here's a full rundown of the quest. Spoilers for it, obviously.

One thing though. If you're not already on the quest to find her, make sure to avoid speaking to Dr. Li. This will prematurely end a quest for you, and lose you some good map markers for other quests. So, you might want to try to tough it out until the main quest sends you to Rivet City.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:28 pm

I have the Rivet City marker on my map (main quest) so I will head there asap !! . I'll start that quest you mentioned Monkey. I also did that "power of the atom" quest, got a house and got that better armor from Moira. I may have to stock up on ammunition cos I keep running out in the middle of quests and having to use the starting pistol Sad .
Thanks for the help Monkey !! Plus one
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 3:32 pm

Oh the beginning levels. Reminds me of coming straight out of the vault and finding a giant rad scorpion and using all my bullets and stimpacks and stuff to kill it just to see it didn't drop anything but poison glands. Fun times.

Now I'm max level and swimming in guns, armor, and ammo. I miss the challenge of the earlier levels :C
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Well, leave all that stuff at home and go unarmed and naked to fight some Deathclaws. There's your challenge. Razz

I'm actually playing New Vegas right now myself. Getting well stocked up too, mostly due to the Old World Blues expansion. Very funny the whole way through, and the weapons that commonly drop, while not super for damage, are really good for selling. Already got all but one of the main game implants and have no doubt that I'll make enough off the other expansions to afford the extras in OWB.
I find it awesome and hilarious that there exists not only an implant that specifically increases damage by 10% against those stupid Cazadores, but also a three leveled perk as well that gives another 10% per rank. Guess I wasn't alone in my hatred of them. Laughing Come to think of it, I believe they were called "the new cliff racers" at one point. Razz

But back to this game, I remember my first trip outside Vault 101. As my character's eyes adjusted to the light, I looked around at the devastation. The remains of the small town of Springvale lay before me. Venturing out a bit along the cliff edge, I heard a howling. A pack of three starved hounds were flying toward me. I pulled up VATS, but my crappy pistol couldn't do the job quickly enough and two of them managed to reach me, tearing in to my barely armored hide. I begin the classic Bethesda Game Combat TacticTM, aka 'running backwards'. Out of ammo and the police baton I've got just isn't going to cut it. I'm on my last legs here.
Suddenly, red streaks fly into the sides of the remaining dogs before me from further up the slope, literally cutting them to shreds. Tracer rounds from a minigun. As I looked up I saw three figures in imposing suits of power armor holstering their guns and turning away. I approached them, but they didn't seem to keep on my following them. Rather than potentially angering my reluctant saviors (which for all I knew at the time was entirely possible), headed back to town and eventually found my way to Megaton.
Since then I haven't been able to take everything off of any fallen Brotherhood Outcasts I find. Well, except in dire need. Those miniguns don't repair themselves.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 4:50 am

Mine was pretty much, "Hey look burned out houses! FREE LOOTS!"
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 2:34 am

Done about half the main quests and a few side quests now, gave in and started my first piece of DLC-The Pitt. Found 60 ingots and down to last main quest on it. Really love this dlc, sure it crashes a few times but you get so much awesome weapons and armor. I've found more good gear in this DLC then the entire main game so far lol.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 7:03 pm

That seems to be how the DLC are. I've found better weapons in Mothership Zeta than I had from the entire rest of the game.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 7:33 pm

Make sure to check the crash site again once you've completed that DLC. It contains the Alien Blaster. Most powerful gun in the game, barring the MIRV, but has limited ammo.

Gotta watch the DLCs like that. You can really cut the difficulty in the rest of the game down to trivial with the weapons and armor you get from them. Vice versa too though. Waiting too long to do a DLC can mean you'll just walk right through it. I'm glad there are level recommendations in New Vegas to tell you about what power level you should be at before you start.
In New Vegas, I completed Dead Money the other day (great survival horror vibe they managed) and started Honest Hearts today. I thought Yao Gui were already giant. Yeesh!
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:13 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Make sure to check the crash site again once you've completed that DLC. It contains the Alien Blaster. Most powerful gun in the game, barring the MIRV, but has limited ammo.

Gotta watch the DLCs like that. You can really cut the difficulty in the rest of the game down to trivial with the weapons and armor you get from them. Vice versa too though. Waiting too long to do a DLC can mean you'll just walk right through it. I'm glad there are level recommendations in New Vegas to tell you about what power level you should be at before you start.
In New Vegas, I completed Dead Money the other day (great survival horror vibe they managed) and started Honest Hearts today. I thought Yao Gui were already giant. Yeesh!

Could you possibly post a short review on those DLC's Monkey ? . If New Vegas is anywhere near as good as this than I'll be definitely picking it up sometime. I just want to see if the ultimate edition will be worth my money Wink .
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:20 pm

I'll go you one better and post a review of the whole thing when I'm done with it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:39 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
I'll go you one better and post a review of the whole thing when I'm done with it. Smile

Thanks a bunch Monkey Wink , I like your reviews .
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 11:10 am

Yeah, Alien Blaster isn't even fair.

It does like 100+ damage per shot and I have 300+ ammo for it already without even specifically looking for it.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 11:19 am

Thanks, Mitch. Smile

If you're skilled with Energy Weapons, then it can one shot pretty much anything. If you're not it might take two. lol

Before Mothership Zeta it wasn't so broken because there was only so much ammo for it. What you find at the crash site with it, and some from an exploding UFO random encounter. You really had to conserve it for the toughest stuff, like going for the Endurance Bobblehead in that deathclaw cave. It's still not unlimited, I don't think, but there's still a bunch of it.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 12:08 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
If you're skilled with Energy Weapons

GAUSS RIFLE I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 12:34 pm

You can get one of those from the Operation Anchorage DLC can't you? I can't recall.
Either way, I know that you can do that one early and end up with some very handy equipment.
Back to top Go down
Azira
Azira

Nation Reputation : 104

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 1:19 pm

It's in the Operation Anchorage DLC, yes. It's my favourite gun in the Fallout universe.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 4:31 am

Completed the main quests today and got booted straight away into the broken steel quests. Enjoyable story and there is a lot more where that came from !! . Still have 4 dlc's to do and 4/5 of the side quests. Haven't done a single extra task yet and only discovered 40 locations !! . I have a save half a level before 14 cos I want to get the associated karma trophies. What's a quick, easy way of becoming evil ? . Last time, I continuously tried to hack the "very easy" terminal in the craterside supply (megatron) but it too aggggeessss to go down to neutral then evil. I need a faster way ! .

May start Operation Anchorage next time I play Wink . Then onto side quests !!
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:03 am

Kill everyone.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:49 am

Pretty much that.
Go to Megaton, save, and open fire.
If you're worried you might level before you hit Evil, then wait until they're asleep and take everything that isn't nailed down first. Then go on a killing spree.

Alternatively, you don't have to try to hack a computer to get negative karma, just access it. The one in the back room of Moriarty's place works fine.
I think you might also be able to steal from a container, drop a bunch of stuff in, close and open it again, then "steal" all the stuff you left for negative karma. Not sure.

Oh, and for ease of leveling, get a quest from anywhere ready to turn in right before you save. When your karma is at the desired level you can just turn it in to make it jump.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:19 am

Slavers quest around somewhere if I remember rightly.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Fallout 3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3   Fallout 3 - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:57 am

Steal things from houses.

Lots of things.

I got very evil-scourge of humanity through stealing shit from people's houses even though every quest I made the best possible karma choice.

So I'm a scourge of humanity who saves kittens and babies from burning buildings, basically.
Back to top Go down

Fallout 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top