Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Pokemon Trainer HQ

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 6:31 pm

Like...beauty contests and stuff?

Did that ever go away?
Back to top Go down
Unzipped Zebra
First Nation
First Nation
Unzipped Zebra

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:02 pm

. . . Mini games on the Colosseum games. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1XdkHvdn24 etc.
Back to top Go down
vengeance7times
Sixth Nation
vengeance7times

Nation Reputation : 11

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:18 pm

Restarted my pokemon diamond, going to see if I can fill out my entire pokedex before the new one comes out. I even bought myself a 3DS as they are now discontinued and on special Very Happy= :D

If anyone wants to buy my dsi off me, feel free Smile
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 10:35 pm

OMG I FORGOT ABOUT THOSE I LOVED THOSE
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

Nation Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 10:56 pm

My friend is racking up the shinies right now. She's gotten like 5 legit hatched in a week. So crazy
Back to top Go down
Unzipped Zebra
First Nation
First Nation
Unzipped Zebra

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:40 pm

vengeance7times wrote:
I even bought myself a 3DS as they are now discontinued and on special Very Happy= :D

If anyone wants to buy my dsi off me, feel free Smile

What. I don't think they'd go discontinuing the 3DS quite yet.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:41 pm

I thought that the 3DS was only 1 year old? or is 2? I don't know, anything less than 5 seems ridiculous to me.
Back to top Go down
Unzipped Zebra
First Nation
First Nation
Unzipped Zebra

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:44 pm

The 3DS came out in March of 2011.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 8:07 pm

so almost 2 years old, can't see any economically rational reason for Nintendo to discontinue it yet
Back to top Go down
Unzipped Zebra
First Nation
First Nation
Unzipped Zebra

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 8:08 am

Yeah, I can't imagine it doing that poorly. It's not the Vita P: I've noted that Pokemon X/Y seems to be the system buyer for a lot of people. And you have things like Super Smash Brothers being shown at this year's E3, so that'll probably be more.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:37 pm

It's not a real Nintendo handheld until it has Pokemon games released on it, so I can't wait to see how much sales jump because of X/Y.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:04 pm

This article: http://bgr.com/2012/12/20/nintendo-3ds-sales-analysis-260967/ said that the 3DS sold 330,000 units in Japan and 500,000 units in the United States last year. Add that all up, its 830,000 units in those two countries ALONE. According to this article from IGN back in 2011: http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/03/30/your-3ds-costs-100-to-make it costs $100 for Nintendo to make it and costs $250 for a person to buy it. Now, if we do some basic economic math that means that they make $150 in profit off of each purchase. Multiply 830,000 by 150 and you get $124,500,000 in profit just from these portable devices, which means that we are excluding games sales from this but making $124.5 million in pure profit is not bad at all (I excluded wages from this but you get the basic idea).
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:49 pm

That's massive oversimplification, even if you're just talking about pure sales numbers. Much more goes into the cost of it than wages and the cost to make the device. Nintendo doesn't sell it to retailers for $250, so it's not making $150 off of it anyways without even factoring in the extra costs.

Plus, the 3DS hasn't been $250 for this entire year. It's been $170, which is about 30% less.

Also here are some more recent total sales numbers:

http://gamingbolt.com/3ds-sales-reach-22-million-the-handheld-sells-6-million-in-the-us

How much does Nintendo make off each 3DS, then, if it isn't $150? Well, here's an article quoting a statement from last April: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/26/3ds-sold-under-cost-since-price-cut-nintendo-hoping-to-profit/

The article states that they were selling the 3DS under cost and that it wouldn't have started making money on the hardware until this year. That doesn't mean the system is a failure, though, since they make all kinds of royalty money and 1st party game money. It's typical for systems to be sold at a loss in the beginning to gather more sales to get more royalty money, etc. It just shows that the money isn't in the system itself, but the games.
Back to top Go down
Unzipped Zebra
First Nation
First Nation
Unzipped Zebra

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:03 pm

Jmw566 wrote:
It's not a real Nintendo handheld until it has Pokemon games released on it, so I can't wait to see how much sales jump because of X/Y.

Pokemon Rumble Blast has been out since October of 2011 and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity has been out in Japan since November, anyway. So it's been a "real Nintendo handheld" since 2011. Let's not forget the 3D Pokedex thing as well.

:v

Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 9:48 pm

The 3D Pokedex was nifty, I wont lie.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:53 pm

A real pokemon game and not a spinoff*
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 7:46 am

It's still a real system, though. There is already a LOT of great games on it.
Back to top Go down
Unzipped Zebra
First Nation
First Nation
Unzipped Zebra

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:16 pm

Yeah. God knows what you'll play the new Fire Emblem on if there aren't any real systems to play it on.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:43 pm

You guys are getting way too worked up over that joke. Am sorry.

I was just saying that it's the biggest franchise on the system. It's like an X Box before a new Halo, a wii without zelda/mario, or a playstation without...err...umm...gran turismo?
Back to top Go down
Unzipped Zebra
First Nation
First Nation
Unzipped Zebra

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 7:52 pm

Your jokes are bad and you should feel bad.

Also, Twilight Princess released with the Wii so there basically wasn't a Wii without a Zelda. And, the pairs of games themselves released on DS aren't the best selling. Top three are: New Super Mario Bros. (30.18 million), Nintendogs (23.64 million) and Mario Kart DS (22.57 million). The main pokemon games (DP/P, HG/SS, BW/BW2) amass to something like 58 million. Collectively you could probably still say there are still the best selling franchise, but I'm just going off of what's on top. From my brief glancing the only time Pokemon has been on top was with the GBA. Tetris beat out RBY with the gameboy.

What does that all mean? :V I don't know, but I wouldn't call it the ~biggest~ franchise. I'd say Mario still does a good job of "selling" the handhelds as well as adorable 3D dogs and cats.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:20 pm

If Nintendogs sold consoles, I might throw myself off a building.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:28 am

can't forget about all the girls (and boys?) who like to like to look after virtual pets..........guess it does teach some responsibility but I don't know.........
Back to top Go down
Unzipped Zebra
First Nation
First Nation
Unzipped Zebra

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:27 am

Launch title + adorable + causal. What else do you expect? Slightly cooler than tamagochi because you can ~touch~ them and they will react.
Back to top Go down
vengeance7times
Sixth Nation
vengeance7times

Nation Reputation : 11

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 6:15 am

Virtual pets, I really miss my tamagotchi. That was the best thing about my childhood, and how easy schoolwork was back then.
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Trainer HQ   Pokemon Trainer HQ - Page 37 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 10:22 am

I had a dream about hatching shiny Pokemon again.

I wonder if that's a sign saying that I should continue going for that Trapinch...>_>
Back to top Go down

Pokemon Trainer HQ

View previous topic View next topic Back to top