Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Resistance 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
jueboy
Third Nation
jueboy

Nation Reputation : 2

Resistance 2 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:02 pm

Just some of the mods
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:03 pm

Nice! Very Happy= :D

I just played a few R2 customs with TonyTeabag! Haven't seen him in months.
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Loyalist
Loyalist
A_Bloody_Bunny

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:17 pm

eattheword wrote:
jueboy wrote:
My super goodly bosses at MyRes gave me the Malikov and Grim skins...Tres Chic.

Was that just for the mods, or are they giving 'em to everyone?

I didn't get mine ... if you want, I'll ask for 'em
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

Nation Reputation : 32

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:41 pm

Rx wantz teh cool skinz teu... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Broken
New in the Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:51 pm

Damn you mods with your "Advantages" Mad

TAC was supposed to let me download his grim skin but I guess it was a drunken promise Sad
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Loyalist
Loyalist
A_Bloody_Bunny

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 10:38 pm

Check your PM's in Dodge, ETW Cool
Back to top Go down
Broken
New in the Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 10:48 pm

Shocked I didnt know Bloody bunnies gave gifts Shocked

I dont get it, I thought the codes expired in January scratch I guess IG gets super non expirable codes
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Loyalist
Loyalist
A_Bloody_Bunny

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 10:50 pm

Got me .. bounce
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 11:01 pm

Im enjoying Meltdown.
Somehow I took first today with only 4 or 5 caps.
Its like a Skirmish, but with out all the needless back and forth running.
Don't get me wrong.
I want my Chimera to have buns of steel, but in meltdown you can actually run to a beacon and have it NOT be useless.
Something about being able to go.
"No! I ran all the way over here, and I will have your beacon."
Then actually being able to take it.
Ahhh..life is good.

Not sure what the Quickdraw ribbons are, but I seem to get them often.

Cloven skin....FTW!

Last edited by SixHousePull on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 2:29 am

Quickdraw is the ribbon for getting the first kill in a DM/TDM. I got three last night.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 5:48 am

SixHousePull wrote:
Im enjoying Meltdown.
Somehow I took first today with only 4 or 5 caps.
Its like a Skirmish, but with out all the needless back and forth running.
Don't get me wrong.
I want my Chimera to have buns of steel, but in meltdown you can actually run to a beacon and have it NOT be useless.
Something about being able to go.
"No! I ran all the way over here, and I will have your beacon."
Then actually being able to take it.
Ahhh..life is good.

Not sure what the Quickdraw ribbons are, but I seem to get them often.

Cloven skin....FTW!

Meltdown is pretty damn fun. Also, kills counts as 1 pt each for regular kills and 2 pts each for Defense kills, that' how you got first.

The only bad thing about meltdown is spawning in the middle of like 8 guys that you don't know are there that are storming your beacon lol.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 6:11 am

And trying to cap a beacon and having all the enemies spawning around you.
But that is actually fun to me.

BACK! BACK I say!
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

Nation Reputation : 32

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 3:32 pm

Recorded my new record long streak on R2 today.
Went 25 kills without dying. Unfortunately, it was spread over 2 games. 11-0 in the first game. 14-0 the second. So no ribbon either. Then the guy that kills me teabags me. Laughing

I wound up 22-4 the rest of that round. Killed him 5 more times. Was hunting him like he had 'the antidote'. The teabagging was glorious. On the last one, which was the second to the last kill of the round, I imprinted the following on his forehead, compliments of my scrotallia...

"Dear Sir,
This set of twin impact craters compliments of Rxforwar. Unless you're truly enjoying this, please refrain from so doing in the future.
Your Friends,
Rx's Nuts."

I think that got the point across, no? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 6:02 pm

I got my 102nd 15 kill yesterday ^_^. I average like 1/11 rounds, is that decent?

Average a 10 kill like every 2.5 rounds (h)
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 9:56 am

Man the new maps are so fun.

I wish they all had been done up like that.

I'm getting tired of clan invs. I get 3 or more a day.
One last night wasn't even in English.
I just don't get that. How can you invite someone into your clan and not even know anything about the person?
I'm thinking of making a tag for myself to avoid this issue.
Clan Solo Six or something.
Dont get me wrong, Im flattered, and its a bit reminiscent of my FoM days before hooking up with XX.
But something about messages that read
Donde esta clan invitiotous....idk..it said somethign like that.

and a 2 vs 1 cc is not fun.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 11:26 pm

I have begun what I think will be a mini guide to the new Aftermath maps. Its a funny story actually.
Ive only played the Aftermath map itself a handfull of times, so I figured I go in custom just to get a look at the map. Pick landmark names etc. I set up a game with out a password protect because 80% of the times I do make games.....no one joins. So Im running around, and Im sketching out the map on paper. Im ducked behind these concrete pylons cause I wanted to see what you were looking at if pinned in that corner.
All of a sudden I get shot from behind and i die.
I never even saw the guy join.

Okay. No big thing. I can still do my things and whack a guy every once and while. No proble........
Dead
Some other ya hoo has joined now.

Now its on. Two on one?
Im game.

Problem is....now there is four. Suddenly Classifyed J jumps in and joins my team.
Now all of a sudden Im in the third round of a good sized game, and all I wanted to do was draw a map. Sad
Anyhow to make a long story short (too late) I have that map just about sketched and ready to be made up on Gimp.
There will be text with it to because there are lots of things be mindful of in these smaller maps.
I do love them

I do not love 5 vs 2 customs
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This map is close.
Not all vehicles and debris piles are shown but this is really close and more for reference while reading.

Okay, here it goes. Just a few things I noticed and thought I'd share.

I will start at the top of the map (North) and work clockwise around spiraling towards the center of the map where 80% of the action takes place.
The Aftermath Map is a 20 player map found in Twin Falls Idaho. Visualy, it's probably the best in the new breed of maps. This map has a very big Manchester feel to me, with a little rooftops thrown in as well.
The place looks just as it is titled. Like the aftermath of attack. Take note of the downed chimeran ship whos flight was shortened by the side of a building. It can be found behind the spire on the southern end of the map.
But thats not the North end. I said north end didnt I?

So we begin at.....

The White House
I call it the White House, but based on what it looks like some people may say courthouse. Abandoned and creepy mental patient hospital also comes to mind. What ever it is, it's useless unless you're a sniper. A set of stairs leads out into the street in front of you. If on that upper level, you'll find walls at varying heights to help keep you covered. But the field of view here is straight south. And that's a short field of view. If you do plan on sniping here, keep an eye on the liqueur stores upper levels in the center of the map. The sniper who chose the better sniping spot has a good line on you.

If with a squad or solid team, this area really may work to your advantage. It only has three entrances to cover.
The main stairs is one. On either ends of the long stretch of property this thing sits on, piles of rubble slope up to your spot. There's lots of cover around, so watching those three points and you just may hold the whole map from here.
You may pin yourselves in and die too. But if you're in the position where its Dig In!!! this might be a good place. Have a good sniper on hand for reasons mentioned before.

Now were moving on up. To the

East side

The east side road has a lot of ups and downs. The road itself is littered with piles of debris and vehicles. There are two entrances through the brick walls that section out the center of the map. Between those entrances is a truck you can stand on. You get a good field of view into the NE corner of the center area and what ever happenings are happening there. The only real problem with this truck is how predictable it is. Another thing to think about, is one sniping camper = bad spawns for you. So if you know an enemy is up there, you can hide right around the corner on the inside of those entrances and take out all his buddies as they run to the liqueur store.

Oddly, the best place on this side is the mounds of rubble. They give you a great up and down unlevel strafe that makes it hard for enemies to lead you too much, or line up too well.

At the end of the road in the SE corner is a high tower. You cant actually get up into the tower, but its base is solid and makes for good cover.

South Side

Is where the spire hit. More cars. More rubble. The south end is rather boring and I didn't waste much time investigating it. There just nothing good about it. It has the widest entrance leading into the inner area, and is a bit shy on cover compared to other spots of the map.
If it does have anything going for it, it is the fire escape stairs on the liquore store building that leads you right up to the highest point of the map. Ironically, and just imo, that isn't the best place on the map anyhow. Not even for snipers.

Go west young man. Go

West

The SW corner holds the pylons from the story before this post. If pinned in this corner, those pylons are your mommy and daddy. Its not a bad spot over all, just inactive usually. You get a great view east down the road, and north too. You get a good line at the entrance into the inner area that's on that end, and picking off unsuspecting fools is pretty easy. Bring the marshmallows folks, cause this is good camping country.

Working north you find, that's right, vehicles and debris. Who'd have thunk it? Mid way up the street is the Feed and Seed. Nothing good about this spot. Keep going. NW corner houses Oglesby, what ever the hell that is, and the opening mouth to the slope up to the white house.

The Liquor Store

The place everyone wants to be. Why you ask? Because some noob grabs a Marksman and now thinks he's a sniper.
Oh wait. Everyone thinks they are a sniper. So to the store they run. Now me? I have a saying for places like this on a map. It goes

"Get the eff out of the building fool!!!!"
Some of you may have heard a variation while playing Plantation with me.
"You aint got no buisness up in that house"

Now, if you are like me, and you like the up close and personal fights of close quarter...hey...knock your socks off.
If you plan on trying to hold that buiding, there is a semi sweet place under the ramp. Snipers cant see ya too well, you have a view of 2 out of the 3 entrances into the building, and the other is blocked by the ramp you are under, so they cant see you either if they are walking in it. If invisible, you can get a good streak going right from in that spot.
If you can snipe with out thinking....gold pot.

The best strat for me

Is to circle the outer ring of that inner area. Very much like Nottingham. Its a shorter run, but thats ok. There will be a lot going on around you everywhere. There's ample cover spots. You can pick off enemies as they come into the area, and the ones inside the building itself. Snipers on the outsides cant really get at you inside the walls that section off the middle so Dont circle the streets! Circle the inner "courtyard" like inside.

Maybe this will be of use to some.
Maybe not.
I used it to kill time, as there is snow on the ground and no work tomorrow.
yaaaaaaaaaay

At some point, Ill fetch this post and put them all together once I have the other 2 maps done.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:39 am

That's great! I'd love to run through those maps with you sometime. One of us could look for good spots and the other could try and approach those spots to really find the vulnerabilities, etc. If it's done in this way then you don't have the problem of randoms joining and turning it into a true fire fight.

I tried joining you yesterday but R2 was screwed up. It wouldn't let me join your party, or any unranked game, or create an unranked game, and it said "No Games Found" whenever I searched for ranked co-op or competitive. I tried for half an hour then gave up and played KZ2. I only had an hour to play and I lost half of it to R2's network issues.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:18 am

Last night I had the joy of winning a Ranked match solo.
It was in Aftermath.
2 vs 1.
It ended with me at 22 kills
Combined they had 10

I straight carbined the whole time

Life is good. Cool
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:24 am

Well done, Six. I've won loads of unranked games but not any ranked games yet. For me the Carbine would be perfect if you could choose AF grendades to go with it.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:34 am

I so wish they had allowed that.
That's what made Vegas 2 so cool. Things were very customizable.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:20 am

What berserk do you use?
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 10:34 am

Lately,

Invisibility

There's nothing better than running up behind someone while invisible and giving him a little Hiyaaaaaaaaaaa action.
Thats really how I was able to do so well. The two of them ran together pretty well most of the match. But they RAN.
I always knew where they were.
Id wait for them to pass, invisible or not, stealth the one, carbine the other.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 4:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A reminder that as I write these, the maps are new, and not in high circulation. Lots of things change the way a match goes, including #'s of players. This is what I got, off of what I get.

Pitstop is a 10 player map in the Twin Falls Idaho set
Unlike its big brother and sister, this map is so small that it becomes highly fast paced.
In fact, there are maybe three spots I can think of where you can stand and NOT see just about the whole thing.
Ive done something a little different and marked hot spots or sweet spots in red.
These are places I like, or others seem to.

I'll run this the same way I did Aftermath. Since it is a smaller fast paced map, this run through will probably be as well.

The Northern End is litered with cars, trucks, etc.
A couple are pretty darn big, and I think you could throw a team mate up on your shoulders and you'd both still be in good cover. Its a bit open on this side despite stacks of tires, cars, and, and other cover. A small brick wall runs parallel with the road and sections off the now famous Gooch's Gas. Heading east down the street, there is a large pile of something in the NE corner. This is a nice spot to snipe, and imo gives you the best view of the whole map.
It is a favorite for everyone though. Nothing a little King of the Hill wont cure. If solo in a dm, you may not get to hold it long. If you are lucky and make a tdm in this map, a three man team his fine right here.
Sniper on top.
2 carbiners to cover the flanks. Remember this is a 10p map. The biggest game you'll see is a 5 v 5

The East side of the map

is a silly place really. The big empty section that is on the far SE outskirts is an open land of grass and trees. Looks like a mini park of some sorts to me. I cant possibly find any reason standing in the open is a good thing. Another small brick wall sections of some of Goochs
Here is where we find the back way into...

Ratters. ( I forgot to red dot Ratters on the map. It should be)

On the east side of the building 2 staircases can bring you up to the roof. I often see people trying to take and hold ratters roof, but I also see them die a lot. Up there is best reserved for the true blue snipers who can head shot with both eyes closed no scope.
If another sniper doesn't get you, a guy with a marksman will. I don't like the roof. Not as a sit all game spot.
I do like its inside. It reminds me of underneath Busyard.
It has a few ways in and out, and its easy to trick people.
A quick game of cat and mouse to get them where you want them you can get several kills holed up in there.
A truck lays inside as cover, and there is an exit into the alley that runs on the south end.

The South end

begins from this corner and starts as a small alley, gets blocked by a large pile of rubble, and then opens up close to south end ofGoochs.
There are tires, cars, gas pumps. All kinds of cover. Upon reaching the south side of the building of Gooch, the first door in is / was a mini mart of sorts. The inside of Gooch's is just too close and tight. I try to avoid in there.
You have about 2 rooms, and zero turn around space. I cut through it often, but I don't stay.
Continuing west you'll get to the stairs that lead up to the roof. If I have to choose roofs, its Goochs. its about dead center of the map, and although a few things can block ones field of view, you can just about see everything from up there.
Especially those ya hoos trying to set up on Ratters Roof!

The West side

Is where you find the Diner. The diner is cool, and not cool at the same time. A counter acts as a great "trench" and gives you a good view of all three entrances to the building. A wide loading door is on the North end. The east side of the building has 2 doorways.
The sweet spot for me in here, is in the booths and up turned tables marked in red on the map.
Check it out. you'll see.
Outside the diner, tucked in the south west corner of the map is a small alley made just for ninjas. Its a great place to regen, drop proto, etc.

Outside of the diner is the best spot of all. The green truck.

The Green Truck
is in the North west-ish corner. Climb inside and up, and you have best view of map #2. You can shoot the sillies out of the guys entering and leaving the diner, the ones trying to take Goochs roof or buildings, and if you stretch out far enough, you can even see the huge pile of debris in the Ne corner.

In my experiences so far, it seems people dont think to look there when being shot.
Keep that in mind no matter which side of the bullets your on.
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Loyalist
Loyalist
A_Bloody_Bunny

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 5:00 pm

Nicely done Six.

I still haven't played any of the new maps Sad

You should add 'em here .. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sad
Back to top Go down

Resistance 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Shooters-
Jump to: