Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Brink

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Brink   Brink EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:45 am

GDC Cinematic Trailer
Spoiler:
Container City Gameplay Parts 1-3
Spoiler:
Character Customization
Spoiler:
X-Play Preview
Spoiler:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 4:08 pm

good quick summary of brink
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

Nation Reputation : 2

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 2:56 pm

WOW!! I cant believe barely anyone has commented on this. I was thinking this morning its strange how no ones made a Brink thread Thinking

I was picking this one up as soon as i heard about it. The Co-op just looks like so much fun.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:30 pm

I know I cant believe it either. (and when you posted I was thinking FINALLY) I got to play it at pax this year, it feels like a complete game already and its still in alpha
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

Nation Reputation : 36

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 10:48 pm

I'd actually just heard about this today, and I'm definitely keeping a close eye on it. It looks like a ton of fun, and it might be the game to take me away from MAG.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 2:05 am

I am surprised at the depth of the stuff in this game, I mean they actually have mines that blow up when you step off of them, not when you just get near them. (and you can even have an engineer come by and try to disarm it)
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

Nation Reputation : 2

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 5:33 am

I love the idea of being dependent on more than one class in the team. Like small guys have benefits over big guys and vice-versa. Still im sad that i wont be able to play this too often next year. My PS3 is gunna be so lonely Crying or Very sad
It might actually be as good as uncharted camaraderie wise.. Though I havent played MAG so i dont know...
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:56 pm

Thought this was kinda cool.
Quote :
Comparing a giant list of control schemes to find the one that most closely matches your preferred shooter can be a bit of a chore, but Splash Damage figured out a way to remove a lot of the work. BE BLUNT.

Here's a list of the pre-set controls schemes in "Brink":

"DUTY CALLS"
"GREEN MARINE CHIEF"
"ZONE OF KILLING"
"OH MY GEARS"
"FIELD OF BATTLE"
"ZOMBIE KILLER"

Sound familiar? They should! Each of those phrases refers to a well-known shooter franchise, and selecting that option will cause "Brink" to control just like that franchise. In case you're a bit slow on the uptake, here are the references:

"CALL OF DUTY"
"HALO"
"KILLZONE"
"GEARS OF WAR"
"BATTLEFIELD"
"LEFT 4 DEAD"

So, even though "Brink" is a brand new game, shooter fans should have no problem getting a handle on the controls, as they should closely mimic the franchises listed. There's also a fully customizable option, which lets you place buttons anywhere you want, if you prefer that.

Interestingly, by default, "Brink" has the sprint button on the left trigger. "Call of Duty" fans will probably want to move that to the left analog stick as fast as possible, but Splash Damage recommends trying out the default setting for a little while. In "Brink," sprint does more than make you run fast. It also lets you vault over boxes and small walls automatically, and by keeping the button on the left trigger, it gives you more accuracy and range of movement with the left analog. Just something to consider when you're debating whether to be all stuck in your ways with the controls.

Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 6:57 pm

Thats pretty sweet. Having seen the trailers this does look pretty solid.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:46 pm

Agreed
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 4:00 pm

This one is on my list of games to watch.
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 5:55 pm

Pickin this up when its out. Looks very addictive and will hopefully take me away from MAG.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:36 pm

16p makes me "Ehhh"

P2P makes me "No, just no."

Looked interesting too...
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 1:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that was screencapped from a recent trailer. Shows lots of the different skills and descriptions.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:39 am

TheLastNinja wrote:
16p makes me "Ehhh"

Whats wrong with 16 players? Thats pretty much the standard.

90% of games are P2P Including uncharted gears of war 2 and halo reach
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:46 am

I'm thinking Operative.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 9:11 am

im probably going to focus on operative as well.

Though my 1st character will probably be a wide spread character, then I'll build characters with specific strengths.

For those that dont know, you can have up to 16 characters, and each character can only go up to level 20, which isn't close to being able to get al the abilities so you need to decide how you want your character to be. and after you hit level 20 and are max level and extra XP that character gets can be transfered to another character So after you hit level 20, you can keep playing as that character and get enough xp for level 20 again, and transfer that to another character, and not even play that 2nd character until it is already at max level
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 9:37 am

Can you give us a source on that? I want to read more.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:06 am

I dont have a link to that specific info. I've been following this game since it was 1st unveiled in a PS Mag and it only had a 1/4 page article on the game.

However he is some links to a mega shit ton of information. So much info it was broken down into 4 parts.

Site doesn't seem to be working properly atm. So i'll post the info when it works
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:18 pm

nobody wrote:
TheLastNinja wrote:
16p makes me "Ehhh"

MAG, Warhawk, KZ2 and FoM is what's wrong with 16p. tongue
As a person brought into MP by PS3's early exclusives, I've been spoiled, ESPECIALLY with MAG, the numbers just work so well with the map designs and how everything works really. 16p is just...eh, to me now. Bigger games really need nicely designed maps and objective modes to work properly.

90% are P2P and that's what's wrong with games today. Multiplayer could be so much better if everyone used dedicated servers.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:08 pm

TheLastNinja wrote:
nobody wrote:
TheLastNinja wrote:
16p makes me "Ehhh"

MAG, Warhawk, KZ2 and FoM is what's wrong with 16p. tongue
As a person brought into MP by PS3's early exclusives, I've been spoiled, ESPECIALLY with MAG, the numbers just work so well with the map designs and how everything works really. 16p is just...eh, to me now. Bigger games really need nicely designed maps and objective modes to work properly.

90% are P2P and that's what's wrong with games today. Multiplayer could be so much better if everyone used dedicated servers.

Large games may work, but have you even played any games with smaller numbers? Notice how both Killzone, and resistance have lowered the player numbers per match in the 3rd game in their sequels? Brink is about close intimate fights. The devs said something along the lines of being able to see the whites of your enemies eyes when engaged in combat. and with the level of character customization in order to truly show that off its best to have a more intimate combat set up.

Sure dedicated servers are always nice, but its a luxury few games have. P2P is the standard. If they have P2P that should be the accepted (not really a plus or a minus) but if a game goes above and beyond and has dedicated servers then thats a plus.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:50 pm

I think dedicated servers should be the standard just because of how greatly it can reduce latency issues you'd get in P2P games.

Yes, I noticed they lowered it for the third games, and that's to do with making it "more accessible." It hardly works in KZ3, they made the maps bigger...but reduced the amount of players allowed in a match, pretty overkill to do both if the goal was to end the chaos. Resistance 3 may be able to pull it off IF they have good map design.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:30 am

your issues dont seem to actually have anything to do with brink, just games in general doing similar stuff
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 3:08 am

16p doesn't really bother me if the game is designed properly around it, like Uncharted 2 just being 10p.

The real thing that makes me shy away is just the P2P. I'll probably rent it or wait until I upgrade my computer since they are going to use dedicated on there.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Brink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brink   Brink EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 11:12 am

Well the game is completely designed around the 16 p
Back to top Go down

Brink

View previous topic View next topic Back to top