Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Kingdom Hearts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

Kingdom Hearts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts   Kingdom Hearts - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:26 am

I hope those theories aren't correct. I've had quite enough of the Organization at this point. Except perhaps Braig/Xigbar. Because, y'know... eyepatch.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts   Kingdom Hearts - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:47 am

Well, only some of them would be possibly annoying to you. Namely, the former Ansem apprentices. Everyone else is just a Nobody. When and if they're remade, it would be as a whole person who likely has no reason to fight you.
And about Braig... You do know what color his good eye is, right? It wasn't always that color. It only turned gold after he met a certain someone with the same color eyes. We're also led to believe that he's not the only one altered by this individual.
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts   Kingdom Hearts - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:07 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Well, only some of them would be possibly annoying to you. Namely, the former Ansem apprentices. Everyone else is just a Nobody. When and if they're remade, it would be as a whole person who likely has no reason to fight you.
Most of them are annoying to me because they're bland characters.

CobaltMonkey wrote:

And about Braig... You do know what color his good eye is, right? It wasn't always that color. It only turned gold after he met a certain someone with the same color eyes. We're also led to believe that he's not the only one altered by this individual.
Yeah, I know... not sure what your point is here, to be honest... Thinking
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts   Kingdom Hearts - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 8:39 am

Of course they're bland. They have no emotions. Razz Really though you see some of their human forms in BBS, and they're a bit better.

My point is, don't get too attached to him. He's likely to be the next incarnation of Xehanort.
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts   Kingdom Hearts - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:06 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Of course they're bland. They have no emotions.
Right, but some of them still avoided being utterly flavorless, such as Xigbar, Vexen, and Larxene.

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Really though you see some of their human forms in BBS, and they're a bit better.
Ehhh... The only ones that showed emotion there were the non-boring ones anyway. Dilan, Ienzo, and Aeleus were all just as lacking in personality as ever.

CobaltMonkey wrote:
My point is, don't get too attached to him. He's likely to be the next incarnation of Xehanort.
Interesting theory. I wouldn't at all be surprised if that were true.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts   Kingdom Hearts - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 4:54 pm

Well, I finished Days last night. Now that he hasn't come entirely out of left field, I have less animosity towards Roxas. Aside from the silliness of cramming an X into his name, but that's not solely his thing. And I will admit that making a workable name with an X in it is something of a challenge in itself, and having it still work without the X is a bit tricky. Still silly though.

The not quite final string of fights were fairly challenging. I was level 51 or so at the time, having done no grinding, using the Crisis Gear because I didn't want to farm for the stuff to make the Ultimate Gear.
I don't like Ragnarok. Evil or Very Mad Not when it can be spammed constantly. That form took forever. Fortunately, the ones after that were a bit easier.
By comparison, the Riku fight was cake.

Spoiler:

So, should I play Re: Coded? Is it worth revisiting the all the same locations and story again, or would I be just as well off to read a synopsis?
Thinking
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts   Kingdom Hearts - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:06 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Spoiler:
Have you played Birth by Sleep? It's explained there.
Spoiler:

CobaltMonkey wrote:

So, should I play Re: Coded? Is it worth revisiting the all the same locations and story again, or would I be just as well off to read a synopsis?
Thinking
The story isn't remotely the same - rather, the gameplay is what one buys it for. That said, the gameplay is very nice, and entirely worth it.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts   Kingdom Hearts - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:18 pm

Yeah, I played it right before this. Thing is, Braig had very little contact with Ventas. In fact, he only sees him one short moment at the end. Ven doesn't even have any idea who he is.
Shrug
Guess I expected a bit more than a single glare to cause him to be so memorable.

Guess I will give Coded a look then. It's set after KHII, right?
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts   Kingdom Hearts - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:20 pm

Yeah. Latest game in the series' chronology. Until Dream Drop Distance is released, that is.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts   Kingdom Hearts - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:07 pm

Random thought.
I think I want a Kingdom Hearts kind of title, but with Devil May Cry gameplay.

The two styles are in the same vein already, just far from one another within it.
Back to top Go down

Kingdom Hearts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top