Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Uncharted2: Among Thieves

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 4:48 am

Fawlty__Towers wrote:

Great cinema Reo, and I saw the "sexy nade" from you too! Probably the only bank shot I'm actually good at! hahaha Dude, you're just awesome. Keep sending 'em!

Thanks buddy, did you see how I used my camera differently from you?
Also, try to analyze what I do in various situations (spotting someone, getting surprised myself, usage of strafing etc).

And yeah, I was halfway to bed when you asked where I went Laughing

Vrals597 wrote:

Fawlty you don't really have to limit yourself to like a certain number of bank shots, I make up my own as I go, I have found that being flexible is very key with this game

This.

Mitchellkillgour wrote:
Good games tonight Fawlty , that 3 on 3 ( us and a random lvl30 against high levels ) was epic ! , we won against all odds and I went 11-5 Smile .

I think I have the basics sorted , I just need to work on getting better at them , having DTI has caused me to neglect burst fire and lose long distance battles and silly mistakes causing silly deaths which couldv'e been avoided . I have also turned my sensitivity up two notches to halfway as I keep losing close quarter gunfights to moving opponents and steel fists simply because I can't aim fast enough . So far there has been a slight drop in my accuracy but it looks to be only short term as I'm still reasonably accurate , I can deffinately see I have gotten quicker at aiming Smile .

Good to see you guys are kicking butts out there, haha.

Mitch, I think you are making a nice choice in turning up your sensitivity.
As you mention, it does take time to adjust, but it pays off big time: being able to strafe and firing against 2-3 people at once requires you do have it set high.
I would also recommend losing DTI and use RH, which imo is much more helpful in gunfights. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 6:31 am

I was just thinking of that too Reo ! Smile . As I said before , DTI often causes me to stop burst firing meaning I'm becoming too attached to it , also , as seen in the vid of me on the temple Leo uploaded , I am still capable of having good games without it .

It seems in this game that even boosters can teach you well and turn you into a better player Smile .
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:59 am

Yes, certainly.
I mean, I would advice anyone who wish to become a more solid player to use the BoH's as soon as they can (except for Veiled, which is pretty much useless).

It's all about putting yourself in situations besides your usual comfort zones.

For instance, I am currently trying to step up my FAL again and I am ONLY using the FAL now, even in close combats.
Do I get owned a lot? You bet.

But by hanging in there, even though it does get frustrating, you will grow as a player.

Also, don't be afraid to try out new stuff.
It's by doing that you'll become a much more versatile player and in turn you will be able to adapt quickly to various given situations and solve them faster.
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Nicely done mitch. Remember when you're making adjustments to your aim to make them in the smallest increments as possible and no more than every 5-6 gameplay hours. Aiming is a subconscious thing. How often do you deliberately consider how far you have to move the stick? Never. Your mind and thumb both have to get used to the game again. Also apparently Kontrol Freeks help alot, I might look into getting them.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:19 pm

I decided to put it up two notches because I used to play with sensitivity at halfway .
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:40 pm

My sensitivity is set the max, for the shotty lab
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:20 pm

Last night was rough...it seems to get worse and worse. hahah

My last game was against someone named FABOLES and his crew. Mitch left and I stuck it out for a 2-9. Each day I hope is a little better...let's hope today is one of those days!
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:28 pm

Fun games guys, those last couple of games were not going all too well for me, I found myself trying to watch how Dai played instead Laughing

Seriously though, I have played with some of the other top guys on the leaderboards and guys with 2 and even 3+ KD. This beats it all in terms of skill.
That display was just sick and just seeing the stuff you pull off made me laugh.
I might have to take back what I said earlier about you only playing with a beast (Chimera skin). You ARE a beast at this game, good job.

Now I shall return from being a fanboy to just being plain Reo Nerd
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:34 pm

You know the drill Reo...send away!
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 4:23 pm

I think there will be slot of cinema watching tonight Smile .

Aren't you getting your mic today fawlty ? , btw sorry I had to leave , I was getting so sick of high level partys , lag and SA that I rage quit and called it a night .

Better games today Reo but I'm still finding it hard to bridge the gap between average and good Sad .
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 4:44 pm

Mitch, I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.
We played some pretty good teams today (and they lagged like crazy too) and you still held your own Smile

Just keep on playing and you will beast it up pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:36 pm

Ok Thnx Reo , I just need to get used to the higher sensitivity also as my aim isn't as good at the moment , I'll try not complain and work on my improvement Smile .
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:07 pm

GGs today, Leo, Mitch, Reo, Melons, and Dai (sorry if I forgot anyone, its been a long day!)
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:28 am

I just had the WORST night ever in this game and I don't know , why , I had good aim despite the sensitivity change but I just continuously died every match , I was the worst in my team , beaten by everyone including Fawlty . I ll send you a cinema of one of the matches Reo and maybe you can figure out what I'm doing wrong , I admit I was pretty bad in 1 on 1's but those were only a small amount of my deaths . I'm really disappointed in my performance and just felt sick with disgust at how poorly I played . I hope that doesn't happen very much .

On the other hand , you are great to chat with Fawlty , you did better than me tonight partially cos I sucked worse than ever and also because you have greatly improved , nicely done Smile .
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:40 am

Fawlty__Towers wrote:

My last game was against someone named FABOLES and his crew. Mitch left and I stuck it out for a 2-9. Each day I hope is a little better...let's hope today is one of those days!

Oh man. That guy talks the most crap ever. He's always running with a certain group and they all pretty much play the same way. He'll whine that every time you kill him you're totally hax. He'll SA and camp it up
while talking and yapping the whole way through.

Its never a fun game against any of them even when you win because its just all garbage. Just move along and not waste your time.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:45 am

I have to agree with Raist here, if you come across people like that just try and suck it up for the entire game, see if you can possibly beat them next game and if you win and they still talk smack just get out, they are not worth your time, I really should take some of my own advice lol

I remember playing a DM this morning.....like 5 minutes in it became a 2 v 5 DM for the other team and I was using Glass Jaw and CGS and you'll never believe what the other team did, they kept using EVERY weapon the map, the Dragon Sniper and the Hammer to be specific, as well as hiding from me, I was thinking "seriously? 2 v 5 and you still have to resort to that?"
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:20 pm

Mitchellkillgour wrote:
I just had the WORST night ever in this game and I don't know , why , I had good aim despite the sensitivity change but I just continuously died every match , I was the worst in my team , beaten by everyone including Fawlty . I ll send you a cinema of one of the matches Reo and maybe you can figure out what I'm doing wrong , I admit I was pretty bad in 1 on 1's but those were only a small amount of my deaths . I'm really disappointed in my performance and just felt sick with disgust at how poorly I played . I hope that doesn't happen very much .

On the other hand , you are great to chat with Fawlty , you did better than me tonight partially cos I sucked worse than ever and also because you have greatly improved , nicely done Smile .

You know you've had a bad night when Fawlty beats you! Hahaha And for the record I didn't beat Mitch in any game in terms of kills, just maybe a few in terms of k/d ratio.

Oddly enough I think I play better when I have someone to chat with. I felt bad though Mitch, I felt like I talked your ear off! Like I said, don't hesitate to tell me to slow down or shut it...I won't take an offense!

Also, what is the deal with chatting? So when mitch and I would play games I muted everyone but him. What does everyone else do? I find a lot of people have music blaring and it just annoys me. If I mute them can they still hear everything I'm saying? Is there a way to just have chat between you and your party?

Raistlin wrote:
Fawlty__Towers wrote:

Oh man. That guy talks the most crap ever. He's always running with a certain group and they all pretty much play the same way. He'll whine that every time you kill him you're totally hax. He'll SA and camp it up

Its never a fun game against any of them even when you win because its just all garbage. Just move along and not waste your time.

Luckily I didn't have a mic at that point and I usually mute everyone anyways. I noticed he had SA on but I didn't care. When I come up against guys like that I just take it as a challenge to hope me improve. Although I wouldn't mind if I never ran into him or his crew again. tongue
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 3:40 pm

Fawlty__Towers wrote:
Mitchellkillgour wrote:

You know you've had a bad night when Fawlty beats you! Hahaha And for the record I didn't beat Mitch in any game in terms of kills, just maybe a few in terms of k/d ratio.

Oddly enough I think I play better when I have someone to chat with. I felt bad though Mitch, I felt like I talked your ear off! Like I said, don't hesitate to tell me to slow down or shut it...I won't take an offense!

Also, what is the deal with chatting? So when mitch and I would play games I muted everyone but him. What does everyone else do? I find a lot of people have music blaring and it just annoys me. If I mute them can they still hear everything I'm saying? Is there a way to just have chat between you and your party?

Raistlin wrote:
Fawlty__Towers wrote:

Luckily I didn't have a mic at that point and I usually mute everyone anyways. I noticed he had SA on but I didn't care. When I come up against guys like that I just take it as a challenge to hope me improve. Although I wouldn't mind if I never ran into him or his crew again. tongue

I would love to run into that crew with a bunch of nation guys backing me up, we are all good enough to take down most teams in this game, if Dai was with us it would be every team in the game lol
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 3:42 pm

Some of you know that I will leave the game if I face certain people.
This is only due to me having REALLY bad experience from playing them earlier.

I don't mind being outplayed, I actually like to get schooled. It helps me improve since the flaws in my play is displayed for me to see.

However, some "famous" (high levels) parties are notorious for cheating/glicthing/lagswitching.
The first time I played these guys I didn't learn anything from it and it just made my experience a lot less fun.

Now, my main reason for playing is to have fun, so if I know that I won't gain anything from a certain game, I'll simply leave and play a game where I can play on equal terms and have fun, even if that means going 15-2 or 2-15.
I'll gladly go negative against good people, but not against cheaters.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 3:45 pm

cheaters........must I really mention my problem with them? I think Reo has said enough for 5 of mes to say anything about cheaters
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 4:18 pm

Please remember to not call out specific people on this forum. That's not what the nation is about. I'd hate to see a negative vote next to someones post for that.
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 4:48 pm

Oh that's my fault for talking about who I was playing against last night. I'll refrain from now on.

How do you give plus or minus to a post, and where can you see this?
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 5:16 pm

It's at the top right corner of every post. You need five or more reputation points to see it.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:15 pm

Well I turned back down the sensitivity and poof , going positive again . Also got an amazing Fury against a full high-level party so was very happy with that .
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:49 am

Turn it up once. Going in increments of two is just a bad descision.
Back to top Go down

Uncharted2: Among Thieves

View previous topic View next topic Back to top