The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Official PS4 Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 82

Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I know its HIGHLY improbable, but could you imagine if PSN was down for a few months??

pale ...
LOL, very true, very true... Laughing

TheLastNinja [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:09 pm

That would be great if all those things were on the PS4 Ninja. I would be surprised at the backwards compatibility for both PS2 and PS3. It would have to be a software solution as a hardware fix would be very expensive. Is there a source for that jpeg ?The only problem I worry about with next gen PS console is making sure developers can code games for it more easily than the PS3. I always hear the PS3 hardware is superior to the Xbox (except for RAM) but that it is more difficult to develop games for it.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:56 pm

I think if people were worried about online-only, I think this will make them happy:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
With the video game industry rapidly transitioning from a focus on retail game sales to a marketplace dominated by downloads, it's only a matter of time until a major home console decides to do without physical media at all. It seems that Sony thinks that time is not nigh, however. A report from the Wall Street Journal suggests the company briefly considered but ultimately rejected a plan to do away with an optical disc drive on the next PlayStation.

Citing "people familiar with the matter," the Journal said Sony did away with the idea of a disc-less system because "Internet connectivity is too inconsistent around the world." We can't say that's a bad call—even with a decent low-end broadband connection in the United States, downloading a Blu-ray's worth of data (or more) just to play the latest release could easily take more than a day. That effectively does away with all the convenience provided by downloading a game in the first place.

The decision is even less surprising given what Sony's Kaz Hirai said back in 2010; that the idea of a download-only gaming future in ten years time was "taking it a little bit to the extreme." The case of Sony's download-only PSP Go portable dying a quick death on most retail shelves might have also influenced the company's thinking.

Microsoft cited similar bandwidth concerns in confirming that it's next system would also have a disc drive, according to the Journal report. Both Microsoft and Sony have said they don't plan to officially unveil new hardware at E3 next week, but that doesn't rule out some brief mention of general future plans for either company.

Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:21 pm

Saw that on IGN, why would Sony even have that idea in their head ?. A lot of PS4 "scares" lately lol, don't mess it up Sony !!
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:55 am

They were moving to fast with the idea of pure online but it is too early for it.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 1:48 pm

There are other devices that do very well with only wifi I get it. But games still need to be bought as discs in many places where internets sux. To make web access a requirement would be a disaster.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 7:09 pm

Mark me as skeptical of the list just because I'm always skeptical of "leaks", but I really hope it's true.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Yeah, I'm not getting excited about anything until there's an official announcement.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 8:44 pm

Hell, in NZ internet aint cheap and some games like god of war 3 have a ridiculous file size so download only would be very annoying.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 10:05 pm

Some more info. Very Happy= :D

Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 7:34 pm

I'm surprised those didn't prompt any discussion. >->

It appears this is the new controller.

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:05 am

well a prototype version of the new controller
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:27 am

I hope I can turn off the rinky dink speaker on the controller. I prefer to have either a big speaker set up or my wireless headphones.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 7:40 pm

nobody - I was going to specify that, but figured it was a given at this point in time.

The PlayStation channel uploaded the following videos recently. The first one was uploaded yesterday, with the 2nd one being uploaded today. I figure tomorrow, we'll see one for the PSP. A PS3 one on Monday. A PS Vita one on Tuesday. And finally, on Wednesday the 20th, one for the PS4/Orbis.

Evolution of PlayStation: The Beginning:

Evolution of PlayStation: PlayStation 2:

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 10:35 pm

just wanted to put it out there. cuz ugh, that controller is blocky
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 12:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
just wanted to put it out there. cuz ugh, that controller is blocky

It would be awesome if they could make it in a U shape, sorta like a horseshoe ....
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 2:16 am

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 2:24 am

Remember this one ?? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 5:55 am

...I don't like it.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 1:52 pm

The analogs on it look funny.

Right, I was wrong about my prediction...kinda.

Guessing today will be about PlayStation Mobile.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:20 am

well today is the day
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:16 pm

If you're using PS3 to watch, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

8GB RAM confirmed

The colors are nice, but the new Killzone looks meh otherwise.

Curious as to how realistic Driveclub will be.

Dualshock 4

Coming Holiday 2013

No price announced. System not shown.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 7:27 pm

Its a day 1 purchase for me...
Mostly due to Killzone: shadow fall and Infamous: second Son...
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 8:16 pm

Nothing made it must-have for me, so I'll be waiting.

I mean, yeah, I enjoyed inFamous 1, but that's not enough for me to buy a new console.

GG left a bad taste in my mouth after the changes they made in KZ3, so not too interested in any sequels.

Hopefully they have a good exclusive lineup at E3.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 8:40 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official PS4 Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Hardware and General Discussion-
Jump to: