The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Still not sold on the super moves to kill thing.

I just hate how you can be fighting one guy and then suddenly a super from someone else across the map will 1 hit kill you when you weren't even fighting them.

It shifts the focus from "staying alive" to "killing as fast as possible" and that doesn't sit right with me since I prefer stock amounts of lives to timed matches.
how is that any different then with a health system fighting one person only to have someone like radec who uses long range attacks to hit you from afar.
Long range attacks typically aren't 1hk, that's how. Also, they're almost always pretty easily avoidable. Think Samus in SSB and her giant blue ball of death. It's pretty easy to see it coming and avoid it.

I could literally be wrecking someone and be untouched and die and not be able to do anything about it with this version. Just like the smash ball things from Brawl.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:17 pm

More characters leaked ahead of E3 ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:47 pm

Big Daddy...amazing. This makes me hopeful for more awesome third party characters.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:46 am

Confirmed !!, and a vita version coming too !!

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:43 pm

Still not sold on the super moves to kill thing.

I just hate how you can be fighting one guy and then suddenly a super from someone else across the map will 1 hit kill you when you weren't even fighting them.

It shifts the focus from "staying alive" to "killing as fast as possible" and that doesn't sit right with me since I prefer stock amounts of lives to timed matches.
how is that any different then with a health system fighting one person only to have someone like radec who uses long range attacks to hit you from afar.
Long range attacks typically aren't 1hk, that's how. Also, they're almost always pretty easily avoidable. Think Samus in SSB and her giant blue ball of death. It's pretty easy to see it coming and avoid it.

I could literally be wrecking someone and be untouched and die and not be able to do anything about it with this version. Just like the smash ball things from Brawl.

yea, game is basically all built around the smash ball transformations. Fat princesses chicken looks awesome. as for the 1hit ko from a distance, saw one of radecs supers, and he fires a beam in a straight line. he took out all 3 players at once with it
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 8:04 pm

Will probably buy this just because I'm a sucker for the characters. I can't wait until they reveal the inevitable Cole McGrath from Infamous and Chimera/Sentinel from Resistance.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:49 pm

releasing october 23rd
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 5:39 pm

Two new characters eh ?, IGN also quoted the devs saying another 2 will be unveiled a week later. so 4 new characters !, I'm hoping for crash and Ratchet/Clank.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 6:22 pm

i imagine there will be a lot more then just 4 more characters.

EDIT: and they cant have a playstation game like this without having someone from ratchet and clank. just like theyve gotta have someone from jak and daxter, and they better have spyro
Back to top Go down
IAmAwesomeSauce
Second Nation
IAmAwesomeSauce

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:05 pm

My inner fanboy wants Sora.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 1:01 am

Here they are Wink
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 2:16 am

Toro = Smile

As for Heihachi, eh...
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 1:55 pm

a lot of people were worried about it being odd having the darker serious characers clashing with the cutsey ones, but i watched that trailer with toro beating up sweet tooth and such, and I just thought it was hilarious to watch that
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 3:44 pm

found a 1v1 vid of the 2 new characters with commentary

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 9:26 pm

Looks like they've done a good job of matching their playstyle.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 9:33 pm

HD Jak. Makes me want a real Jak and Daxter PS3 game even more.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 11:37 pm

Also Cole too !
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 12:04 am

Been waiting for the Cole announcement for a while now.

I can't wait to see some R&C now that we saw J&D
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 2:06 am

they sure took thier sweet time announcing cole and jak n daxter

RatchetH22 wrote:
too bad that will never happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:36 am

@nobody wrote:

RatchetH22 wrote:
too bad that will never happen.

Debatable. Naughty Dog has said that theyve been tossing ideas around a lot more lately about the possibility of a new Jak. It's a matter of if they find an idea they want to do. Manpower is no longer an issue now that Naughty Dog has split into 2 teams. Sure it's not a likely prospect, but at least there is still hope of a new Jak in the future.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 12:18 pm

in the past nd has said that they have thrown around the idea of a new jak game, but they don't really know how to take the series forward. Everything is more of a side step. And they don't want to make a new jak game if it's just a side step, and not a step forward..

That's the problem when a studio that has a great series actually cares about the series and doesn't just pump out more because it's profitable.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 2:22 pm

in the past nd has said that they have thrown around the idea of a new jak game, but they don't really know how to take the series forward. Everything is more of a side step. And they don't want to make a new jak game if it's just a side step, and not a step forward..

That's the problem when a studio that has a great series actually cares about the series and doesn't just pump out more because it's profitable.

Totally agree. Naughty Dog obviously has a lot more patience than every SINGLE ONE of Activision's devs.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 2:13 am

funny thing is if ND were to make a jak 4 and it made no real improvements from jak 3. it was just new content and in hd, it would probably easily sell millions of copies.

and now that i think about it jak with a coop mode would be so amazing.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Laughing
Back to top Go down
SwiftJusticeATX
Fifth Nation
SwiftJusticeATX

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:56 pm

That's good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Fighting, Racing and Sports-
Jump to: