The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Words with Friends

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Words with Friends is a multi-player word game developed by Zynga With Friends (formerly Newtoy, Inc.). Players can take turns building words crossword puzzle style with an opponent in a manner similar to the classic board game Scrabble (the rules of the two games are similar, but Words with Friends is not officially associated with the Scrabble brand). Up to 20 games can be played simultaneously using push notifications to alert players when it is their turn. Players may look up friends either by username or through Facebook, or be randomly assigned an opponent.

Developer: Zynga
Platform(s): Android, iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch), Facebook, Kindle Fire, Nook Tablet
Genre: Word game
Mode: Two-player

Game Play

The rules of the game are mostly the same as that of two-player Scrabble with a few differences. Players are given seven randomly chosen letter tiles, which are replenished until all 104 tiles have been used. Players take turns forming words on the board or may also choose to swap tiles or pass their turn. Once all tiles have been used, the player with the highest score wins.

The game ends when a player plays every tile in their rack, and there are no remaining tiles to draw. The game also ends if three scoreless moves (i.e. passes or tile exchanges) are played in succession, unless the score is zero-zero. Players are able to re-arrange the tiles on their rack, and can shuffle them randomly either via a button or (on compatible devices) by shaking the device. Games may be resigned, and there are two extra features, the "tile pile" and "word-o-meter", accessible for a premium.

Info from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Six on Sun May 20, 2012 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:46 pm

Okay.

I'm hooked.

Anyone plays add me or send a game challenge.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:41 pm

and so it begins.........
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:19 pm

I'll try this.
Back to top Go down

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:31 pm

Good game so far, Six. First I wasn't getting enough vowels, now Im getting too many. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:49 pm

I want to make bigger words. Angry :angry:
Back to top Go down
SwiftJusticeATX
Fifth Nation
SwiftJusticeATX

Nation Reputation : 12

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:55 pm

Add me. "Shonuff Tha Master"
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 8:47 pm

What's the blank square do? The one with no letter on it?
Back to top Go down
SwiftJusticeATX
Fifth Nation
SwiftJusticeATX

Nation Reputation : 12

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Pick any letter, but no point value
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Thinking Interesting...

Also, 4444 posts. Razz
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 10:08 pm

RatchetH22 wrote:
Good game so far, Six. First I wasn't getting enough vowels, now Im getting too many. Laughing

Yeah the tiles haven't been too kind to me this game. I have several running, and just about everyone is kicking my ass.
But yours in particular has been bad draws. I think my last move I just swapped everything out.
Back to top Go down

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Oh believe me, I know the feeling. Ive had games where I can barely scratch 250, yet others I can almost crack 500. All depends on the tiles. Back when I used to play a good amount, I averaged around 390-400 points a game.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 10:40 pm

Rr is beating me up. Sad Razz
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 1:08 am

Beginners luck. My first game ever. Its fun tho . I wonder why Ratchett hasn't even friended me so I can learn how to play. He sounds like a pro.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Oh. You're my second game ever. Razz
Back to top Go down

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:22 pm

Spoiler:

That's my facebook page. Friend me if you want to play.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:27 pm

"Zee" is a word?

Really?
Back to top Go down

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:59 pm

There are a lot of silly words apparently.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:14 pm

I don't know how to cancel games I haven't started yet, if that makes sense. Two games at once with Ratchet. Razz
Back to top Go down

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Bahaha. No worries, Az. I made the same mistake a lot back when I played a lot. I don't believe there really is a way to cancel them, other than the opponent rejecting the game offer. (Too late)

Im also terribly disappointed that 'Slurm' wasn't accepted. It's from Futurama, dang it! Razz
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:29 pm

Laughing

I'm getting terrible letters. Sad
Back to top Go down

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:32 pm

You and me both...D:
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:36 pm

ZIXTEEN and nowhere to put it.

I hope you're happy Rr. Razz
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
ZIXTEEN and nowhere to put it.

I hope you're happy Rr. Razz

*Wipes sweat from brow* I did get some good letters. An old friend started a game with me and I got 5 O's in my first batch !!
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:58 am

GG last night. I had words but nowhere to put them. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Words with Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words with Friends   Words with Friends Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Words with Friends
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Mobile and Social Games-
Jump to: