The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:08 am

So you took a recipe that was for fish and used it for chicken?

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
So you took a recipe that was for fish and used it for chicken?

Yep. The frying in oil+butter+garlic powder+red wine vinegar thing was from a fish recipe. I just rubbed in some spices into the meat and extended the cooking time for boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 4:34 am

Nice. I was confused as to whether you used a fish recipe from a chicken one or a chicken one from a fish one. Judging on the cooking time I'd say you would be close to 6/7 minutes each side, but that's just me, I tend to cook chicken a bit longer than recommended for safety reasons.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 4:51 pm

I have a craving for teriyaki chicken. Does someone want to make up some teriyaki chicken breasts while I get the pineapple ready?
drools
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:12 pm

I more simple than you guy's Razz

I just had a plate of bacon... It was delicious..
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:15 pm

Did you have some vitamin C after that plate of bacon?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:17 pm

I've been eating a lot more rice lately. I simply cannot get enough of it!
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:24 pm

Whole grain rice is the only rice I can eat and not be hungry two hours later.

... I want to put beef bullion in the water next time I make some.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:26 pm

If I eat enough rice, Ill get full. Laughing I need to find some soy sauce here, though. Mmm.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:29 pm

I just get full but I'm still hungry, if that makes sense.

Noodles are teh awesome though. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:30 pm

Nope.

I'm ashamed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:31 pm

@Azira wrote:
I just get full but I'm still hungry, if that makes sense.

Noodles are teh awesome though. Very Happy= :D

Well, that's why you mix it with other foods. Last night I had steak and rice. It sure filled me up.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:37 pm

Jolli The Friendly Ghost wrote:

Nope.

I'm ashamed.
Nitrates are bad for you, but vitamin C is supposed to help neutralize them. And vitamin C is just all around good for you so you should have some. Smile
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:52 pm

Hmm, Sounds like a plan. *Rumages fridge for oranges/orange jucie*
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Rice is freaking awesome.
And Jolli will need a heart transplant now.
And I made us grill cheese and soup so there.
It was YUM-ME!!!
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 6:24 pm

It wasn't a lot of bacon....

It was just.. HNNGGGGGGGG!
*Dead*
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 6:26 pm

I'll get the AED and call the ambulance if someone starts CPR.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 6:35 pm

Damn... I know I just ate bacon, but CPR would be nice. My breath doesn't smell that bad..
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 6:39 pm

Damn... I know I just ate bacon, but CPR would be nice. My breath doesn't smell that bad..
I'm betting on more people know CPR than know how to use an AED, so I'm giving that task to someone else while I get equipment I'm trained to use. Razz Heck, if I can I'll get oxygen for you too.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 6:41 pm

Razz
Damn this thread is getting freaky.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 6:48 pm

It's not freaky. >_> We can make it freaky though.

Well, after that heart attack it looks like jolli is no more. Let's use his brains and make brain pie.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 6:53 pm

I hope I serve you well as brain food...
Don't forget some cream with that brain.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 7:09 pm

How about some fava beans and a nice chianti with those brains?

Nice. I was confused as to whether you used a fish recipe from a chicken one or a chicken one from a fish one. Judging on the cooking time I'd say you would be close to 6/7 minutes each side, but that's just me, I tend to cook chicken a bit longer than recommended for safety reasons.

6/7 minutes was what I was aiming for, as that was the first thing that came up in Google. How much longer do you usually cook the chicken?

Nope.

I'm ashamed.
Nitrates are bad for you, but vitamin C is supposed to help neutralize them. And vitamin C is just all around good for you so you should have some. Smile

Interesting. I guess I'll start taking some vitamin C tablets whenever I eat a meal with bacon. Thinking

Had lots of bacon last night. And by lots, I mean 4-5 strips. Not really a bacon person, but hey, I need that fat intake. Razz

Swiss cheese goes really nicely with bacon on top of a burger. drools

Shame that there will be a bacon shortage next year.
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 7:34 pm

TheLastNinja wrote:

Swiss cheese goes really nicely with bacon on top of a burger. drools
drools
Ummm.. Yes.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:14 am

If I'm doing a full breast un-cut, full cooking time of 8 minutes a side medium heat and covered so it also cooks in its own juice too with steaming.

I can't find someone that does good Teriyaki, always tastes burnt. One of those things I never tried making myself either.

I will be going to a Sushi Night soon, always wanted to try sushi.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: