The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daniel
Fifth Nation
Daniel

Nation Reputation : 9

Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Empty
PostSubject: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Holy mother of Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion 860619
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Quote :
Forget about that other Need for Speed: Most Wanted that came out in 2005 – Criterion's got its own Need for Speed: Most Wanted title, and it's set to be unveiled next week during E3. EA confirmed the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in a missive today announcing its plans for E3.

There are literally zero details beyond the name and the developer, but we'd wager the game will feature Hot Pursuit's lauded Autolog system. And based on the previous "Most Wanted" entry in the series, we're guessing the title has something to do with police chases and speedy automobiles. We'll assuredly find out more next Monday when EA's E3 press conference kicks off.

Update: Geoff Keighley's tweeted the above image, which he says is the "first-ever image" of the game in action. As expected, the game features both high-end automobiles and police chasing said automobiles. Hot damn!

I am seriously excited for this game. IMO, Most Wanted [2005] was one of the best arcade racers out there. I spent ages in pursuits racing around Highway 101. Black Box's games have really gone down in quality since ProStreet. The Shift series (Slightly Mad Studios) and Hot Pursuit [2010] (Criterion) were all really good games and I'm ecstatic that Criterion is doing a classic NFS game again.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Eighth Nation
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 67

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 5:54 pm

I remember Hot Pursuit: MOst Wanted 2 as being my first main racer that got me liking the genre. I recently got the previous NFS but for some reason it just didnt keep me engaged as long. It felt I was doing the same things over and over and the type of race I dispiked the most happened the most. (Point to point, beat the clock - not actual racing and coming in first).

I'm definitely interested though and seeing what they'll be doing for this.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Fifth Nation
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 8:51 pm

Um.. Hot Pursuit: Most Wanted 2 isn't a game :p
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Eighth Nation
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 67

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 2:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Um.. Hot Pursuit: Most Wanted 2 isn't a game :p

So very true. Hot Pursuit 2 is the one I was referring to hehe. See? there's been so many I just plain forgot! facepalm2
Back to top Go down
LT_Crispy
Fifth Nation
LT_Crispy

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:58 am

NFS hot pursuit for PS2 was my Number 1 racing game. After that came Underground 1+2.

After that Nfs went down hill for me =\ Hot pursuit 2 was fun cause me a few buddies made a competition out of who could keep the fastest times on the autolog leaderboards.

But other than that the games have been SHITE. I miss.... CUSTOMIZATION Sad
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 7:02 am

Hot pursuit 1>hot pursuit 2>the rest of NFS.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 3:13 pm

please stop making NFS games critereon go back to burn out. I really dont like the NFS games, but love their burnout series
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:13 pm

pretty excited about this one it looks good so far
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Fifth Nation
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 2:33 am

All the Hot Pursuit games were awesome (got the first two on PC and HP 2010 on PS3). I think that Most Wanted was the best. It had customisation for those who loved it in the Underground series, and high-speed police pursuits that were in the other games.

Speaking of Most Wanted, I bought the original on PSN when I got BF3 Premium, so I'm gonna be playing it a lot more Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 1:09 pm

Picked this up last night , I'm really impressed with it. So far. I like the whole new aspect of finding the cars and being able to switch mid police chase is so fun .
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Fifth Nation
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 2:24 pm

How are the police chases when compared to Most Wanted 2005, Carbon and Undercover?
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:53 pm

if i remember correctly its very similar, i would say almost exactly the same you have heat levels 1 and 2 are just cop cars, 3 are road block, 4 are suv police cars that try to smash into, and 5 are spike stripes and corvette cop cars . I haven't reached six yet if it is the same pattern then it should be helicopters. There are no cool down areas but there are quick change stations so if you enter the cool down you can hit one of those to evade the chase.

I don't think you can customize the body with spoilers or decals i'm not to sure yet.

You win upgrades by placing 1st or 2nd in races and events, Once you unlock them you can upgrade those parts by using them to do certain things like drift 5,000 feet with track tires to upgrade to pro track

Back to top Go down
Daniel
Fifth Nation
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 10:09 pm

I don't mind about visual customization. I loved the police chases in the 2005-2009 era Very Happy= :D. Are there the "Pursuit Breakers" as well?
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 6:09 am

Not that I have run into , so far its just the quick change stations . Having a radio tower and giant doughnuts fall and crush cop cars was a blast
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Fifth Nation
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 3:40 pm

I had my longest pursuit I've ever had on a Need for Speed game before. I probably switched cars around 6 or 7 times, and taken out/crash a whole heap more!
It lasted 40 minutes Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 12:33 am

very nice , i love those types of chases . I dont like how there is no negative side to getting busted in this one though, I remember in carbon you could get your car impounded and lose it forever.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Fifth Nation
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 4:51 am

Yeah, Carbon, MW and Undercover all made you hate getting busted. MW2012 just goes "You got busted? Pssh, no you didn't!"
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:04 am

I got busted in the henessy venom and I thought for sure id lose it or lose a ton of sp but the computer goes o just don't let it happen again O.o lol
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:14 pm

Just beat the game tonight and i have to say i think the computer is out to get you when your blowing away the final boss , cops where knocking me into the oncoming traffic and cars would get more frequent.

I dont understand though how you can smash into a fellow racers bumper at 100 mph but if your mirror scrapes a regular car at 20 miles BOOM totaled
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 4:09 am

Physics!

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 4:50 am

I don't think they are suppoused to work that way lmao
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 4:59 am

Thinking A magician did it.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:29 pm

Son of a gun. It was probably valdamort he is always trying to ruin everything
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Fifth Nation
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 4:20 pm

Voldermort
Wat r u doin
Voldermort
STAHP!
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 7:19 pm

basically what i scream now every time a random vehicle pops threw the intersection to make me blow up and flip 100 times in the air lol a few curse words also
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion   Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Fighting, Racing and Sports-
Jump to: