The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Dark Night Rises

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

Dark Night Rises Empty
PostSubject: Dark Night Rises   Dark Night Rises Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:43 pm

I just got back and I did enjoy this movie. It didn't make me poop my pants like the Avengers did but all around it was worth the price of admission. If you liked the first 2 Batman movies you'll enjoy this one.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

Dark Night Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Night Rises   Dark Night Rises Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 10:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I just got back and I did enjoy this movie. It didn't make me poop my pants like the Avengers did but all around it was worth the price of admission. If you liked the first 2 Batman movies you'll enjoy this one.
Heard it wasn't as good as DK, but that's certainly a high standard, isn't it? I'm sure you enjoyed, as the Batman fan you are, rr.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Dark Night Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Night Rises   Dark Night Rises Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 12:37 am

Truth be told I think Bane stole the show, just a great portrayal. Anne Hathaway was better than I thought she would be and Christian Bale was the same as always. I probably did enjoy Dark Knight more but DK blew my mind. I really like this franchise and I did not leave disappointed. I wont spoil it for anyone but they left off with several ways this franchise could get a reboot. All in all a good show and it did get a rousing round of applause at the end from the crowd.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

Dark Night Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Night Rises   Dark Night Rises Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 2:31 am

I liked how they made compromises for the character costumes. For example, (no real spoiler here) Catwoman's "ears" are actually just her goggles sticking up. They only passingly resemble ears when viewed from a distance. Great way to maintain the character design while keeping it at least kind of realistic.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Dark Night Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Night Rises   Dark Night Rises Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:25 am

I liked how tight Catwoman costume was........ Yes dirty old men need love too.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Dark Night Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Night Rises   Dark Night Rises Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:56 am

Who didn't like that? Dang.

Whole movie was good and I would put it on par with the quality of the Dark Knight. Can't really compare Joker to Bane though, in terms of Criminals, but Bane was well done. Some movie to watch and just be all "f*** yeah I wanna be Batman."

Anne Hathaway did great, Morgan Freeman was Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine was the best Alfred and Gary Oldman was Commisioner Gordon to Perfection.

Watch it and Enjoy it. Don't Compare It.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Dark Night Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Night Rises   Dark Night Rises Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:56 am

Nice new Avatar Liam ! it is....... ? or is it?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Dark Night Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Night Rises   Dark Night Rises Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:05 am

Yes? Wut?

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

Dark Night Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Night Rises   Dark Night Rises Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:07 pm

I really liked the movie, wasn't as good as TDK but it was better than BB, worth every penny.

Bane totally stole the show, I loved his voice so cool, robotic yet meanacing and intelligent.
this was the first time I actually felt that batman was in trouble, the way he smashes the mask with his bare fists made me go "holy.. " overall he was just Awesome.. on par with heath's joker.

I dont want to say more than has already been said.

I will say this, looking at reviews and movie sites.. I have totally lost faith in the common movie goer and I'm sick of pretentious reviewers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dark Night Rises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Night Rises   Dark Night Rises Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Night Rises

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Television and Movies-
Jump to: