Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 1:07 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Well, what do you know?
DLC finally to come for PC and PS3. Along with another patch for PS3, and at half price (only for their launch week).
You beat me to it Monkey! I just read the news on IGN, and was coming here to post it.

I can't wait for the DLC... although I have been waiting a really really really really really really really... really, long time! Half price for the first week is a great added bonus!

Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 4:39 pm

Probably going to buy the half price DLC. How much is that?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:37 pm

I doubt I'll get it.
I know it was supposed to be technical issues keeping it back, but still. If you wait for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 860619 to freeze over before you release it, then you've got to expect a chilly reception.

I'm still interested in the game though. I'll most likely snag it and all the DLC on a future Steam Sale.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 8:19 pm

im sure thats why they are releasing it half of for 1st week or so
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:22 pm

Well they should leave it at half price, one week is a bit lame imo.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:31 am

\_(o.o)_/ I'll consider it after the four other games that are out in February.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:46 am

OK well I've decided on not getting the dlc at least for the time being, Bethesda don't deserve any more of my money after what they did to their PS3 customers. From the crappy framerate and late patches to terribly late dlc and no consumer communication, PS3 users have just been screwed over continuously right from when Skyrim released. The dlc should have been free in my opinion, at least Dawnguard and Hearthfire anyway.

Half off for a week is not good enough when PS3 users were treated as inferior customers right from the get go.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:04 am

Asking for something they paid their employees countless hours to produce and then fix to working order to be free is too much, imo. It's just not possible to do that.
However, the PS3 version really should have been held to the same standard of quality before it was released. It would suck if the game was only now getting out, but at least it would be functional from the time of purchase.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:11 am

I'm waiting to see how the patch and the DLC itself does.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 H8DF3DFB7
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:33 pm

I've since moved on to other games and anticipate playing more games that are coming out soon. I loved Skyrim but I agree with Mitch now. How long has xbox had DLC that is just coming out to PS3 now ? Uncool Bethesda, or whoever.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 4:42 pm

You act like they withheld it because they just hate PS3 users or something and not because they were having technical problems on it. Sure, you can fault them for not spending like 100% of their time/reasources on fixing it, but that's not something reasonable to ask.

Anyone that demands that these DLC's should be free for PS3 users is being super entitled. I'm sorry, but it's true.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:22 pm

Jmw566 wrote:
You act like they withheld it because they just hate PS3 users or something and not because they were having technical problems on it. Sure, you can fault them for not spending like 100% of their time/reasources on fixing it, but that's not something reasonable to ask.

Anyone that demands that these DLC's should be free for PS3 users is being super entitled. I'm sorry, but it's true.

Quote :
Thats not the way it went down though. The DLC was released as a Xbox exclusive. Whats wrong with wanting console parity on DLC content to be released on a game you paid an equal amount of dollars for as the rival console gamer did? If the game was originally released as a console exclusive I would agree with you, but it wasnt. I have no problem with wanting to be treated as well as competitive console owners have been. They have made a lot of money off us PS3 owners and if they have to spend a little more to take care of us so be it. As a consumer I wont be purchasing Bethesda games until I am satisfied I wont be sitting in the "back of the bus" I know I am not alone, feeling screwed over.

I lied. Currently enjoying Dragonborn DLC, new shouts and no real problems yet. I think the 10 dollar price was a bargain so I am happy for the small concession from Bethesda.

Last edited by rrwatch on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Unzipped Zebra
First Nation
First Nation
Unzipped Zebra

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:34 pm

What do you mean it was an Xbox exclusive? You mean the 30 day or whatever jump it got over PC and PS3 because Microsoft paid for that ?

It's unfortunate PS3 users had to wait for the DLC. Technical issues suck, but they happen.
I'm sure people who still decide to buy it will enjoy it. I beta tested Dawnguard on the 360 (and got it for free hooray) and found it to be pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 11:02 pm

Jmw566 wrote:

Wrong, they released the game KNOWING that 1% of consumers would encounter technical issues with the game, issues that ended up being gamebreaking. Over 3 million people bought the game on PS3, that's thousands of customers receiving a broken game from the get go. Now this ended up being even worse than Bethesda imagined. Then what do they do ?, give us patches late and waffle on about how they are working hard to fix the issue, we get a fix 4 months later and dlc over half a year late.

It is perfectly reasonable to ask them to put resources into fixing the issues because they were lazy, didn't test the game properly and sold PS3 users an inferior product for the same amount of money. I don't think you understand the full extent of the issues here and in my opinion PS3 customers have every right to be angry.

Asking for free dlc isn't "super entitled" it's a show of good faith that PS3 owners deserve, maybe free dlc is a bit much but half off for one week isn't good enough when us PS3 customers were treated so poorly.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:09 am

I just signed up for the Elder Scrolls Online Closed Beta.

Also pretend that the rest of this post is full of funny that gave you a joy boner.

Everyone go sign up for it or something. I put in the section where they ask you why you should be choosen "I have Skyrim on the PS3"
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:39 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:04 am

that video is called "how I play skyrim" but the combat in that video is 10 times more badass than skyrim. where is the hack hack hack hack, finally drops. all while backpeddeling
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 5:56 am

Luls, good video.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:50 pm

^^^^ x 2
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:15 pm

Well, it looks like the "Legendary Edition" (read: GotY) is out with all the DLC.
I'll be continuing to wait for a price drop via Steam Sale or some such to pick it up on PC.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2   The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:57 am

Oooh yeah get it on PC, the mods on it sound awesome.
Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vol. 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top