Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

FF IV DS....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

FF IV DS.... Empty
PostSubject: FF IV DS....   FF IV DS.... EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 1:05 am

.......is F|_|cking sadistic.

And this is coming from a serious FF player. I own every copy of FF IV. SNES cart, PSX disc, GBA Cart and the DS version. And I have to say I'm not impressed. Now obviously they had to do something to freshen it up a bit which is fine. Adding some abilities and upping the difficulty a bit was the smart thing to do.

But.....the difficulty difference is rediculous. SNES, PSX, DS you could beat Zemus with 2 of your party members in the sixties (usually Cecil at 64 and Rosa or Kain at 61.....Can't remember....) and the rest in the high fifties. Well.....with those level's you're lucky to hold you own against even the lesser monsters of the lunar subterrane. Let alone the gaurdian's of the sacred weapons. So, I got it. They wanted to make it more challenging for FF geeks like me. Fair enough. But even with 3 - 4 of my characters over level 70 I just got raped by Zeromus in about 4 rounds. Unacceptable. Level 70!? I mean COME ON! I should have at least had a prolonged battle before going down. Considering that in the previous 3 copies if you grinded Rydia to level 65 where she learns Meteo your party is generally able to beast Zeromus. My DS Rydia is level 74 and where the hell is my Meteo? At first I figured they upped the requirement to level 70. 5 more levels seemed appropriate given the difficulty changes. But 80! LEVEL 80! And this isn't even at a new game +!!!

Utter stupidity. Sure adding new game plus and abilities and upping the difficulty was all well and good but THIS much feels unfun and tedious. No I don't expect a game to be easy, but surpassing the norm THAT much is bananas. Great welcome to players who have never tried it before. They're about to get raped and completely turned off by such a great game. /rant.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

FF IV DS.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF IV DS....   FF IV DS.... EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 3:51 am

Ugh that sucks. Its a good game and all. But to my own opinion I don't think that they should have changed the difficulty at all...

I still know people who can't get past Sepiroth in FFVII saying hes to hard.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

FF IV DS.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF IV DS....   FF IV DS.... EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 5:45 am

Man I loved the FF games. Somewhere after 8 or 9 I just lost interest. Maybe more like..I just lost the time for them.
Don't get the raising difficulty level. I get where they were going I suppose, but a redo is a redo, not a remake.
Look at Rearmed. Very few changes were made as far as actual game play. They just prettied the outsides.
Is that possible on a hand held.....? idk.
Sounds to me it's due to the new Augment System and the New Game Plus, where abilities are no longer character specific, and can be carried over from a previous game.
Doesn't explain why it would be more difficult on a first run through, but it may explain why its tougher than previous versions.

Im just speculating.

Its a little early in the morning for speculating. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

FF IV DS.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF IV DS....   FF IV DS.... EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 8:37 am

Well it essetially was a remake. 3D environments....or well 2.5 D anyway. And it looks great (it deserved to be done on the PSP though). FMV cutscene's, Voice acting etc..... And they did know that they did need to make some changes so a difficulty increase was necessary. But I was just surprised by it being THIS much.....*sigh*
Back to top Go down
Enorag
Second Nation
Enorag

Nation Reputation : 0

FF IV DS.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF IV DS....   FF IV DS.... EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 6:16 am

Raistlin wrote:
.......is F|_|cking sadistic.

And this is coming from a serious FF player. I own every copy of FF IV. SNES cart, PSX disc, GBA Cart and the DS version. And I have to say I'm not impressed. Now obviously they had to do something to freshen it up a bit which is fine. Adding some abilities and upping the difficulty a bit was the smart thing to do.

But.....the difficulty difference is rediculous. SNES, PSX, DS you could beat Zemus with 2 of your party members in the sixties (usually Cecil at 64 and Rosa or Kain at 61.....Can't remember....) and the rest in the high fifties. Well.....with those level's you're lucky to hold you own against even the lesser monsters of the lunar subterrane. Let alone the gaurdian's of the sacred weapons. So, I got it. They wanted to make it more challenging for FF geeks like me. Fair enough. But even with 3 - 4 of my characters over level 70 I just got raped by Zeromus in about 4 rounds. Unacceptable. Level 70!? I mean COME ON! I should have at least had a prolonged battle before going down. Considering that in the previous 3 copies if you grinded Rydia to level 65 where she learns Meteo your party is generally able to beast Zeromus. My DS Rydia is level 74 and where the hell is my Meteo? At first I figured they upped the requirement to level 70. 5 more levels seemed appropriate given the difficulty changes. But 80! LEVEL 80! And this isn't even at a new game +!!!

Utter stupidity. Sure adding new game plus and abilities and upping the difficulty was all well and good but THIS much feels unfun and tedious. No I don't expect a game to be easy, but surpassing the norm THAT much is bananas. Great welcome to players who have never tried it before. They're about to get raped and completely turned off by such a great game. /rant.
If it's like most Final Fantasies, it won't matter what your level is, the final boss will always be stronger or have more health at the very least.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

FF IV DS.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF IV DS....   FF IV DS.... EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 8:51 am

Oh thats expected. But in this case the change is vastly different than the previous FF IV installments.
Back to top Go down
Enorag
Second Nation
Enorag

FF IV DS.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF IV DS....   FF IV DS.... EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 9:03 am

Oh in that case, thanks for the warning Wink What is about Final Fantasy games lately in that just don't seem to be as good as they used to? Perhaps they just lost 'it'
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

FF IV DS.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF IV DS....   FF IV DS.... EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 9:09 am

They became Square Enix.
Back to top Go down
Enorag
Second Nation
Enorag

FF IV DS.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF IV DS....   FF IV DS.... EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:35 am

Haha true, although The Last Remnant on PC is meant to be one of the best new RPGs in recent years
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

FF IV DS.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF IV DS....   FF IV DS.... EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 12:02 pm

Enorag wrote:
Oh in that case, thanks for the warning Wink What is about Final Fantasy games lately in that just don't seem to be as good as they used to? Perhaps they just lost 'it'

I guess my rant was pretty negative. In the plus side this game really pushes the DS capabilities graphic wise. Voice acting is used as well. Most of the changes are good for an update of this quality. It built on the FF 3 remake for the DS.

That being said however, I think it deserved more justice and should have been remade for the PSP.
Back to top Go down

FF IV DS....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: MMOs and Role Playing-
Jump to: