Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Destiny

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 29, 2021 11:13 am

Ah, sorry sorry.
That did not work out like I wanted. Sleep debt is a heck of a thing. Mad

And now there's not enough time left to do anything of substance. I'll try to catch you tomorrow if I can.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Nation Reputation : 42

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 29, 2021 11:17 am

Lol Monks slept in. You must have needed it. No worries.  I love you
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

Nation Reputation : 67

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 29, 2021 1:58 pm

Rest must come first, bud. ♡

Ggs to all today. We accomplished some, lost some battles and won some. Seems like we're connecting with some good people. WIN!
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 9:52 am

Defo!

Mr and Mrs Six, try to get your weekly mission done by Tuesday as it will reset to the next step then we can continue together.  Cool
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 3:00 am

A Brief Guide/Refresher Course on Destiny's "Champion" Enemies

Hey, there. Just going to throw this out for those that need it, new players or returning.
If you've played any of the late game PvE content, then chances are by now you've encountered Champion enemies, tough, extra strange-looking foes with weird abilities that regenerate health like it's their job. Well, it is their job, actually. And stopping that is your job.

"Hold on there, my fuzzy friend. I've encountered these so-called Champions in the Nightfall playlist. They hurt, but they aren't so tough!"  

Then you were playing a lower level Nightfall, where most of them can be overrun by brute force. The higher Light the Nightfall/Empire Hunt/Raid/Etc., the worse the Champions get. If you're running a Light deficit at all against them, it's going to be exponentially harder than in lower difficulties. That's why Stunning the champions with the right weapon is so important. But we'll get to that in a moment.

Champion Types  

Barrier: Depending on which race they are, these can be really easy to kill or maddeningly annoying. When losing a chunk of health, Barrier champs will--get this-- throw up a Barrier to sit behind and regen health in a flash. Unless they are being shot with a specific kind of weapon which changes from season to season.

Unstoppable: Exactly what it says, these enemies are hyper aggressive. Once you're spotted, they will lock onto you and stomp your way through nearly anything you throw at them without even staggering. No matter how hard you hit them in a crit zone, they will not flinch. Unless, that is, you have a weapon modded to do exactly that.

Overload: Ability spammers extraordinaire! These guys take their race's signature abilities and bombard you with them constantly. (Now in cool, refreshing Stasis flavor, which can freeze you right out of a super.) Most notorious is the Fallen Captain version, spamming teleport so hard even getting a shot on them can be a chore, much less enough of them to trigger a stunning mod on some weapons.

Seasonal Mods  

Another self-explanatory term, these are mods you can unlock on the season's artifact that you then slot into a piece of armor, mostly the Arm slots. Once applied, any weapon that matches the mod type automatically gains the ability to stun it's matching champion when you use it right.

Anti-barrier: The most picky to apply mod, but also the most useful by far. When a barrier champ pops their shield, shooting them with this prevents them from regenerating, and is the only way to damage their shield. Doing enough damage to break it before they can drop it is what stuns this champion.  
But almost as important, anti-barrier rounds apply to almost any type of enemy barrier. This will let you punch through pretty much everything but Servitor/Scorn Void Totem immunity shields. Hive knight shielding to heal? Shoot right through. Hobgoblin doing a turtle impression? Not on your watch. Huge timesaver.

Anti-Unstoppable: Triggering these is a slower process, but the most forgiving most of the time. You just have to aim (ADS) the weapon for a second and then you'll see a glow come over it. The buff to the left will tell you that your Unstoppable Shot is ready. Pop this into the right flavor of champ at (almost) any time to send them into their stun state.  

Anti-Overload: These are a bit trickier to use. After every so many shots you land, your gun will get an Overload Round buff, where the next bullet fired will stun an Overload champ. If you fire and miss, you have to land more hits to get another. Can be extremely fickle with fast firing guns for some reason, like auto-rifles or SMGs. Especially against the aforementioned Captain champs who love to teleport.

Stunning  

One, yes, I am. Thank you for noticing. Cool  
Two, this is more about the Effects of Inflicting a Stun. First and foremost, it stops regeneration. This is absolutely vital because a champ can go from nearly dead to full health in seconds, wasting your time and your Heavy ammo.  
Second, it gives you a window to attack in without being blasted to pieces.  
Third, it weakens the champ's defense drastically. You do way, way more damage to a stunned champ than to one who isn't. In the highest difficulty content, you absolutely need this because every shot of Heavy ammo counts.

It's also important to note with non-barrier champs that they cannot be stunned back to back. The champion will have a few moments of immunity after they recover from a stun. Then they get a brief glow, after which you can stun them again.

Misc.  

There are a few guns with built-in anti-champion mods that are always applied. Eriana's Vow (hand cannon) and Lament (sword) have intrinsic Anti-Barrier. Divinity (trace rifle) can stun Overload enemies all day. Leviathan's Breath (bow) and Devil's Ruin (sidearm) each come with Anti-Unstoppable rounds.

Come prepared. If you enter a Nightfall playlist or any matchmade content with Champions, you should be bringing at least one weapon to stun with. If not, you're dumping the responsibility of stunning onto your teammates, which can badly limit the ways in which they can otherwise contribute. Worse, if you and they both stubbornly refuse to switch to a weapon and mod for the job, you're likely dead in the water at worst, or extremely dependent on heavy ammo at best (and again, at higher difficulties you can't afford that). Try to bring at least one weapon and equipped mod appropriate to the activity.

There are sometimes other seasonal mods that can stun champs. They vary, of course, so read before you unlock. If you don't run, say, solar classes very often, then it's best to avoid ones like "solar melee stuns unstoppables." Focus on the weapons.

Nightfall Rank (not score) is completely dependent on how many of the specific strike's champions you put down. The fewer you get, the worse your likely rewards. If you're not getting drops like the unique weapons, then this is probably why. Kill each and every champion to attain Platinum rank and make it rain good loot.  
It's also important to note that champions will despawn if you get too far from them or if the strike progresses.  
Never speedrun a Nightfall. Unless you're in a group of your own and that is your only goal, you're most likely preventing your matchmade partners from killing the champs, and thus wasting their time and effort. If you ever had someone seemingly inexplicably bail, this is a very likely reason why.
Champs always spawn in the same places in each strike, so be careful and take the time to learn it as you play. Don't let the clock rush you. Watch for champs at unexpected points as well. For example, people frequently blow right by the barrier hobgoblin in the giant drill section just before the boss in the Inverted Spire strike because they sparrow through it and don't even notice him. And in some boss fights like in the Glassway, champions spawn in between waves of enemies sometimes. Easy to miss if you're focused on putting the boss down fast.

Last edited by CobaltMonkey on Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Think
First Nation
First Nation
Think

Nation Reputation : 13

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 4:22 am

Yes, this, a thousand times yes.
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 4:26 am

+1 Thanks Monks. ♡
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 9:02 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ahh. We were so young then.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 10:44 am

Noice post there my lil blue ball of fluff.  Cool
Have you noticed in the new event you can take an overload champ down without any mods? So much easier but I bet that will soon be patched.

Sweet memories eh Beanz.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 11:36 am

Around 1k Light ago... Shocked
We are so old now. Laughing

Yeah, Porks, the story changes when there are 6 of you instead of 1-3, not to mention Heavy ammo is plentiful. Also, remember that this is the basic version of the activity which is meant to be completed by anyone. These champs are about as tough as those in a Heroic Nightfall. A Legend version is coming, according to the seasonal triumphs. Hopefully it'll still be matchmade, otherwise we'll need a full raid team to take it on.

Edited above to add one missing detail. "It's also important to note with non-barrier champs that they cannot be stunned back to back. The champion will have a few moments of immunity after they recover from a stun. Then they get a brief glow, after which you can stun them again."
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 12:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]what's your weekend looking like? Was thinking we can set up some dungeon runs with some of the new guys?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 2:06 pm

Working the whole thing. It's a holiday.
I might try getting in something on one of the mornings, but I can't promise to be particularly coherent. Work is tiring. Work with extra tourists, murderously so.
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 2:17 pm

I figured that would happen. 😔

We will be going hard over the weekend.
I figured we could do a " Operation Save A Noob 2.O " type of deal for those of available. Get some of our lower levels up. Help where we can, however we can.

I think most are shy tho.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 2:25 pm

I think so too, I have sent a few messages but got nothing back  except from Maxi.
Yes, sounds like a plan Beanz.
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 2:49 pm

Destiny - Page 10 915210
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 4:52 pm

How are you all for next weekend? Shall we try for VoG?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 11:06 pm

Can't say this far out, I'm afraid.
Just know that I will be with you in spirit. Destiny - Page 10 964794
Back to top Go down
Think
First Nation
First Nation
Think

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 8:18 am

Do believe I'm free next weekend.

Reinstalled on console last night, so I'll actually be able to play without issue!
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 9:23 am

I hated that we didn't get to play with you, last night, Think. Sad
We did alright in IB tho. I didn't hate it so much.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 12:52 pm

Was just spamming the recruitment threads then the site goes down for it's update  Rolling Eyes.

Have you been into the Shattered Realm yet? It's goooooooooooooooooooooood.
Back to top Go down
Think
First Nation
First Nation
Think

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 3:55 pm

Cel wrote:

I was sad to miss out myself, but I'll be getting this update done here when I get off, and then I will be on this evening, Haven't gotten much of anything done this week so I'll probably be trying to grind out as much as I can.
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 5:01 am

Think wrote:
Cel wrote:

I was sad to miss out myself, but I'll be getting this update done here when I get off, and then I will be on this evening, Haven't gotten much of anything done this week so I'll probably be trying to grind out as much as I can.
Did we miss you again?
I was suffering a migraine all damn day yesterday so I was going to lay low. But end up jumping on to help with the PD.
We will be on tonight for sure. Hope to see you, bud. ♡
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 2:42 pm

Should be able to start around 5ish GMT tomorrow, maybe a little earlier depending how long I am at parents house.
Back to top Go down
Celly
Celly

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2021 7:05 pm

Gotcha. And you know I have the usual, Saturday morning cartoons date, with muh kiddo. I'll be ready around 9 am my time.

Our clan is getting big af.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
^^ I put " woah " in the gif search and I found this guy. So funny. 😆
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 04, 2021 9:00 am

No hurry, I got a feeling this will be mainly ran in your time zone today at least.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have you ever tried Destiny?
Back to top Go down

Destiny

View previous topic View next topic Back to top