Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Classifieds Section

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
boogieman7247
Fifth Nation
boogieman7247

Nation Reputation : 1

Classifieds Section Empty
PostSubject: Classifieds Section   Classifieds Section EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 9:45 am

to sell or trade stuff
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Classifieds Section   Classifieds Section EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 9:51 am

For Rent: My Body. Used extensivly already. Comes with many extras, including more cushion for the pushing and foul mouth.
Razz
Sorry.

Good Idea though Boogie
Back to top Go down
mynameesmorty
Fifth Nation
mynameesmorty

Nation Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Classifieds Section   Classifieds Section EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 9:18 am

Great idea. I would love to be able to trade/sell some of my games with my friends here.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Classifieds Section   Classifieds Section EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 7:43 pm

So is there a real interest for this?
I would like to hear more from others.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Classifieds Section   Classifieds Section EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 1:11 am

Could this be a "wanted" section, too? I ask because there are a few older games I have had a hard time finding. My best bet is Slacker (aka, HEAVEN), but unfortunately the nearest one is in O'fallon, a smaller city near the St. Louis area. Which, for me, is about a 4 hour drive. Moreover, I'm from a very small town and am quite unused to driving in larger cities. Anyway, Slackers is where I found a mint copy of Alundra. So well preserved that the book is still crisp. Again, Slackers is Heaven. OK, OK, enough with the Slackers commercial.

In particular I'm currently looking for a copy of Legend of Legaia for the PSone.

Which brings me to the noob questions. How exactly would this transaction take place? Is this a kind of mail on faith thing? Though I've not met any of you in person there are those I might be comfortable with this kind of thing, but for the most part probably not. I'm guessing then that this would work kind of like E-bay. Unfortunately, I have no credit or debit cards and no plans to get any so this might be the deal breaker for me.
Well, even if it turns out I can't use this sort of thing, I still think it would be a suitable use of the thread.
Back to top Go down
nine5one
Third Nation
nine5one

Nation Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Classifieds Section   Classifieds Section EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 9:30 am

I'd have no quarrels exchanging with a few friends here but it would only be those who I have a history with.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Classifieds Section   Classifieds Section EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 10:14 am

Well, I just wanted to get some over all impressions.
I only asked because this is an idea Ive seen put out since day one of the forum.
I think it was JB who first suggested it.

The potential for problems is pretty high. Red flags are an understatement for me.
I'm not concerned about the current users here, but having this is asking any scammer to come set up shop.
idk, Ill leave the topic open for discussion now. Please do NOT use this thread to try to swap, trade, or buy.
Use it to discuss the ways something like this could be done here. Otherwise it will be locked.

To ease some worry, Access to the area could be restricted.
Those who wish to partake can be placed in their own group.
Only that group will be able to see the boards the classifieds are in.
It would be 18+
I'd maybe make some form of application to be filled out before just anyone is placed into that group.

Lets keep the convo going if possible. It would bring people our way and build user base....but at what costs? Thats my worry
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

Nation Reputation : 32

PostSubject: Re: Classifieds Section   Classifieds Section EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 12:46 pm

A dollar ninety five.
That cost.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Classifieds Section   Classifieds Section EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:02 pm

SixHousePull wrote:

It would be 18+
I'd maybe make some form of application to be filled out before just anyone is placed into that group.

Lets keep the convo going if possible. It would bring people our way and build user base....but at what costs? Thats my worry

This could work. Allow people to have access to it once they have a certain post count and their activity history here is positive or at least not negative. Actions speak louder than words so if someone can get use out of it and they show that they wouldnt abuse it - then let them in. From what I know there are a good number of active admins and mods and say, for example a special request is made to have access earlier or if someone uses it the wrong way, they can have that privilege removed quickly.

Just an extension of your thought.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Classifieds Section   Classifieds Section EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 4:19 pm

Raistlin wrote:
SixHousePull wrote:

It would be 18+

This could work. Allow people to have access to it once they have a certain post count and their activity history here is positive or at least not negative. Actions speak louder than words so if someone can get use out of it and they show that they wouldnt abuse it - then let them in. From what I know there are a good number of active admins and mods and say, for example a special request is made to have access earlier or if someone uses it the wrong way, they can have that privilege removed quickly.

Just an extension of your thought.

And a damn good one.

Now, about that other thing...
*taps foot*

Suspect

Laughing
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Classifieds Section   Classifieds Section EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 4:52 pm

I'd be inclined not to have a classifieds section. BAd transactions can cause fallout and we don't need that all over these boards. Leave that sort of stuff to the web sites that are set up to deal with that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Meathead2004
Second Nation
Meathead2004

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Classifieds Section   Classifieds Section EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 4:59 pm

I thought the same thing when I saw this Eat. And why buy, sell, and trade with a few when you could buy, sale, and trade with many and increase the likelihood of finding a better deal. Good idea but just isn't very practical imho.
Back to top Go down
Dolemitesooner
Fifth Nation
Dolemitesooner

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Classifieds Section   Classifieds Section EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 10:48 pm

I would like one, but I could see things going badly. Better not do it
Back to top Go down

Classifieds Section

View previous topic View next topic Back to top