The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Building the site and community

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

Building the site and community - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:57 pm

me and eve had a nice chat on it whilst in the same room Neutral
its the first time i've ever actually used it cause noones ever on it Razz
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:05 pm

and it was to chat with someone in the same room with you
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:08 pm

we were seeing how well it worked. you know, quality control

What a Face

oh and for a suggestion (this is the correct thread right) i was thinking maybe throwing the music ninja onto the forum page(s) aswell so oyu could hear the music while posting. if thats possible
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:40 pm

^ I like that idea, but only if the default is set to pause on the player when the page loads. Sometimes I don't wanna hear music, and sometimes I have more than one tab open. Wouldn't it get all jumbled? Puzzled
That's really just personal preference, though. Hmm, is there a way to set that sort of thing in Preferences?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:46 pm

yea i was going to add that. have it not playing and if you want the music you hit play
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
we were seeing how well it worked. you know, quality control

What a Face

oh and for a suggestion (this is the correct thread right) i was thinking maybe throwing the music ninja onto the forum page(s) aswell so oyu could hear the music while posting. if thats possible

I cant say Ive noticed if there is. As far as I know they load and start playing.
To do this would require putting on the forum widgets which...trust me...make the place look a mess.

hey now check out the page. Ive added a couple. I need images for some of these other clans.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:05 pm

ou cool page Very Happy= :D

yea if its not going to work out don't worry about it. i can listen to my own music if i want to
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:13 pm

Lookin' good so far there, Sixer. Might wanna set a standard size on the images though. Some people can get carried away with picture sizes.

On a side note, I just love the name Murders and Acquisitions. I love you Makes me giggle every time.

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:50 pm

Yeah I can do that in the coding Monkey. I had to size FB down some. MA could go up. Ill do the fine tweaks later and set on common size.
Gotta pause now and get some sleep before another hell filled work day.
I think I am gonna keep the tables. Left column for outside site links..right column for inside site links

I have a headache. I hear html will do that.
Oh and clicking the Nation banner brings you back to the forum index.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:56 pm

Night, Sixer. Have fun storming the castle tomorrow. Building the site and community - Page 8 811307

Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:29 am

There's a castle in Resistance 2? Shocked

(Sorry, too early for my in built spam-filter to kick in)
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:54 am

Well of course there is. You can only get to it if--- Wait, you don't have the Platinum yet, do you?
I think I've said too much... silent

Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:04 am

LOL

See Leo? See? THERE IS a castle! xDDDD

Razz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:11 am

Building the site and community - Page 8 38633
Don't tell anyone I let that slip, or they'll take away my Killing Machine trophy. You're not supposed to know about the castle until you get the platinum.
I do NOT want to have to get another 10,000 kills before they let me back in. But just so you know, the castle is awesome. Working drawbridge and a mote and everything.
Just remember, you didn't hear it from me. Building the site and community - Page 8 38633

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:21 am

Looking good so far.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Yeah I can do that in the coding Monkey. I had to size FB down some. MA could go up. Ill do the fine tweaks later and set on common size.
Gotta pause now and get some sleep before another hell filled work day.
I think I am gonna keep the tables. Left column for outside site links..right column for inside site links

I have a headache. I hear html will do that.
Oh and clicking the Nation banner brings you back to the forum index.

Could we not have it like this...

With each link leading you to the appropriate page on the FB website? Very Happy= :D

With the 'Last post by' links taking you to the last page, maybe? Thinking
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:04 am

Let's see if I understand it...

You mean:

Creating a board (under the clans' lounge) for each clan, and then subforums titles which should take you to the clan's website. And then another subforum for threads made here. Is that right?

I don't think we can change the "last post by", it's a default setting in the forum. That will always make reference to the last post made here, in that board.

I am not sure if that's possible. We might be able to "open in a new tab / window" or even to insert it in a frame available in the portal, per example, keeping this site open. Otherwise, even if it is possible to do what you say, we will have to ask every clan to keep us updated with every page they create / delete / modify on their forums. Or keep checking their website to see if something is missing.

I think a normal frame set up, where when you click a link you can see it in a secondary frame in the website would be enough. We would just need to tell that link that it needs to open in a certain frame. The portal would be a good place, as you can go bak to the forum just by clicking the banner.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:15 am

Seyelback wrote:
Let's see if I understand it...

You mean:

Creating a board (under the clans' lounge) for each clan, and then subforums titles which should take you to the clan's website. And then another subforum for threads made here. Is that right? I think so, the main criteria being that it all looks like part of the Nation site... People shouldn't feel that they are leaving to visit these clansites.

I don't think we can change the "last post by", it's a default setting in the forum. That will always make reference to the last post made here, in that board. Shame... That would definitely 'give the game away' that it's not built as part of the Nation site.

I am not sure if that's possible. We might be able to "open in a new tab / window" or even to insert it in a frame available in the portal, per example, keeping this site open. Otherwise, even if it is possible to do what you say, we will have to ask every clan to keep us updated with every page they create / delete / modify on their forums. Or keep checking their website to see if something is missing. Too much work I know... Let's forget that and look to another way. BTW, I don't use the Portal at all, the music player keeps stopping and starting when you check PMs and stuff, I rather sit on 'posts since last visit' all day.

I think a normal frame set up, where when you click a link you can see it in a secondary frame in the website would be enough. We would just need to tell that link that it needs to open in a certain frame. The portal would be a good place, as you can go bak to the forum just by clicking the banner. Why open in just a frame? Why not open the actual page of the clan's website?

Very Happy= :D Love your input, Seyel. I'm not being deliberately obtuse on this, it's really out of my field. scratch
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:29 am

Lol... my input? xD

When I say a frame, I don't mean a tiny square. Could be all the portal less the banner. So the banner stays up there, for you to go back to the nation, and the rest of the site could be the website. I haven't checked the options to see if this is available, but I would believe so.

I don't use the portal either... Embarassed I also stay in the last posts since your last visit xD and F5, F5, F5... xD

I personally don't like to announce which web pages I am visiting... so I have all the volume turned off, or the headphones permanently connected, or both (as of now). When I do want to listen to something, I just turn the volume up. Every time I connected while at work, I had to quickly switch off the volume xD

Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:31 am

Seyelback wrote:
Lol... my input? xD Yeah, I mean your suggestions, LoL.

When I say a frame, I don't mean a tiny square. Could be all the portal less the banner. So the banner stays up there, for you to go back to the nation, and the rest of the site could be the website. I haven't checked the options to see if this is available, but I would believe so. Ah, right... I get it now, good idea.

I don't use the portal either... Embarassed I also stay in the last posts since your last visit xD and F5, F5, F5... xD

I personally don't like to announce which web pages I am visiting... so I have all the volume turned off, or the headphones permanently connected, or both (as of now). When I do want to listen to something, I just turn the volume up. Every time I connected while at work, I had to quickly switch off the volume xD Same here, we have internet radio through the PA so I have to watch that too.

Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:01 pm

Take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty,
Oh wont you*In Mr.Krabbs voice* GET BACK TO WORK.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:50 pm

spongebob?
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:09 pm

Yeah, Cause thats what Mr Krabbs always says.
And leo and Sey are surfing the nations portal page and NOT working.

Im just an urchin sitting in my office seat
Gotta
dead line that cant be beat, sitting next to some guy
with some real stinky feet
Ill do this work at another tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime

Cause Im too busy posting all these rhymes.

Take me down to the Home page of Nation

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 4:23 am

^ Plus one ^

cheers Laughing cheers Laughing cheers

Tell me you made that up on the spot, bro... Just tell me you did. Clap
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:22 am

Leonardo_337 wrote:
^ Plus one ^

cheers Laughing cheers Laughing cheers

Tell me you made that up on the spot, bro... Just tell me you did. Clap

As a matter of fact, I did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building the site and community   Building the site and community - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building the site and community
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: News in the Nation :: Things You Should Know :: The Suggestion Box-
Jump to: