The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Breaking Bad...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eriktr0n
Fourth Nation
Eriktr0n

Nation Reputation : 5

Breaking Bad... Empty
PostSubject: Breaking Bad...   Breaking Bad... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:05 pm

The second season of this show just ended a couple of weeks ago and I have to say if you haven't seen this show you are REALLY missing out! Anyone else around here watching this show?
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 82

Breaking Bad... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad...   Breaking Bad... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 3:24 am

Embarassed ...No

What's it about?
Comedy? Drama? Mystery?
Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

Breaking Bad... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad...   Breaking Bad... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 4:21 am

I caught the first season over here when it aired on FX, I watched it completely for Bryan Cranston (Hal in Malcom in the middle) as I think he's a great comic actor and it was good to see him taking on a much darker role. Very Happy= :D I remember the shock when I saw the bathtub episode, LMAO. Laughing

Briefly, Seyel, it's about a chemistry teacher at an American high school coming to terms with being diagnosed as having lung cancer. His first thought is to provide for his family but he doesn't want to burden them with it so he keeps his condition quiet, opting to use his chemistry skills to manufacture pure crystal meth in order to raise the necessary funds quick enough that his family won't have to go without. A majority of the programme is dark and sometimes unsettling, yet there are plenty of black-comedy situational moments that bring a chuckle and some genuinely heart-warming feel good scenes as well. I recommend giving it a watch if you like your humour quite subtle and don't mind waiting for the payoff, Three Stooges comedy it ain't. Wink
Back to top Go down
Eriktr0n
Fourth Nation
Eriktr0n

Nation Reputation : 5

Breaking Bad... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad...   Breaking Bad... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:52 am

Leonardo_337 wrote:
I caught the first season over here when it aired on FX, I watched it completely for Bryan Cranston (Hal in Malcom in the middle) as I think he's a great comic actor and it was good to see him taking on a much darker role. Very Happy= :D I remember the shock when I saw the bathtub episode, LMAO. Laughing

Briefly, Seyel, it's about a chemistry teacher at an American high school coming to terms with being diagnosed as having lung cancer. His first thought is to provide for his family but he doesn't want to burden them with it so he keeps his condition quiet, opting to use his chemistry skills to manufacture pure crystal meth in order to raise the necessary funds quick enough that his family won't have to go without. A majority of the programme is dark and sometimes unsettling, yet there are plenty of black-comedy situational moments that bring a chuckle and some genuinely heart-warming feel good scenes as well. I recommend giving it a watch if you like your humour quite subtle and don't mind waiting for the payoff, Three Stooges comedy it ain't. Wink

Yeah, at first I was kind of skeptical about Brian Cranston playing this part but I will be damned if he doesn't act the shit out of this role.
Back to top Go down
crashnbyrne
Third Nation
crashnbyrne

Nation Reputation : 6

Breaking Bad... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad...   Breaking Bad... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:38 pm

I absolutely loved the first season of Breaking Bad, I couldnt wait for it to be on each week.
The second season started off great too but I thought it kind of trailed off after a few episodes.
Ended up giving up on it after about episode 4 or 5 of season 2. I should really go back and give it another chance.
I have to say that Bryan Cranston is fantastic in it. The chemistry between him and the guy who plays Jesse is brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Breaking Bad... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad...   Breaking Bad... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breaking Bad...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Television and Movies-
Jump to: