The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Who else is watching...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

Nation Reputation : 32

Who else is watching... Empty
PostSubject: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 4:11 pm

Dollhouse? I wasn't sold on that at first. But it's from the Buffy the Vampire creator, I think, and it's really building some steam. It's now a 'two thumbs up must watch' as far as I'm concerned.

And Reaper is back, with new episodes. Another really solid choice, with some zany characters, and good writing from time to time.

Psych just had a bunch of new episodes, but I think they're done now until summertime.

I'm pretty easy, btw. Just throwing that out there. Cool

findaphuqingspellcheckplease.thatisallihavetosayaboutthat.ofcourseicouldwriteeverythinginwordfirstcommathenpostit. that'sghey. Mad
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 4:49 pm

Just caught up with the final four episodes of Battlestar Galactica. Boy, that show was amazing.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 5:33 pm

I watched Dollhouse for the first couple.
Its an interesting idea. Not sure where its gone over the last couple week. I just think that girl is cute. Embarassed

Same girl from Tru Calling

My wife watches Psych like its going off the air.
When did Corbin Bernsen get so oogly?
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 1:52 pm

I really like psych a lot. I like shawn and gus' characters a lot. Shawn's wit reminds me of me. [/modest]

The newest episode of Dollhouse was interesting. Not exactly what I thought was going to happen. And next week, with the 'awakening'. ... *spongebob voice* I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!
Back to top Go down
Broken
New in the Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:34 pm

I like Dexter, I was surprised when I first watched it and actually liked it

I wish the new season would start soon, Sunday nights are so boring now Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
jueboy
Third Nation
jueboy

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 10:08 pm

Dollhouse is good. Reaper is win. Dexter is win. Supernatural and Smallville. Scrubs to top it off. Heroes is badassatude

Last edited by jueboy on Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:28 am

Dexter has always been pretty dope. He's dating (or married to?) the actress that is his sister in RL. I think that's pretty cool. She's like a 8.5 on the 'yum' scale.

I have like 30 episodes of House dvr'd, and haven't watched yet. I had the same number of Heros taped, but then I thought "I can't imagine me watching that show anymore", so I delete them all.

My wife and I have both observed that Reaper, while still good, isn't quite as funny as it was. Sock has many fewer one liner zingers, that were his early trademark. Anyone else seeing that?
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:32 am

I absolutely love The Office.I would love nothing more then to kick Micheal Scott in the nads. Shocked Cool Has any one been watching Krod Mandoon? Funny stuff. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 7:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I absolutely love The Office.I would love nothing more then to kick Micheal Scott in the nads. Shocked Cool Has any one been watching Krod Mandoon? Funny stuff. Very Happy= :D

I never understood the original version of The Office with Ricky Gervais. Also, I really don't like Ricky Gervais anyway, but I just didn't 'get' The Office. I haven't seen the US spin off so can't comment on that.
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 7:23 am

Yeah I watch a few of the british version and wasn't too crazy about it....they failed on the humor aspect with out a doubt.But my god,the American version is "pee in my pants" funny.If you get the chance,watch it.In fact,start with season 1 to get the full effect.Bet you will absolutely love Dwight Strute. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 7:30 am

I never got into the UK version either... It always struck me as a joke taken too far, like it would have been a good sketch idea but not strong enough to last an entire series... Rolling Eyes But then you can't argue with public opinion, I guess a lot of people felt a connection with the offices they worked in maybe. Wink

Now, ' Spaced '... That's the best comedy series ever written... Ever. I love you
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 7:45 am

Yeah,I agree.It's like they tried to hard.Like the comedic timing was off.I know I for one was sitting there withe sounds of crickets. Never heard of Spaced. Thinking
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 7:52 am

Leonardo_337 wrote:
I never got into the UK version either... It always struck me as a joke taken too far, like it would have been a good sketch idea but not strong enough to last an entire series... Rolling Eyes But then you can't argue with public opinion, I guess a lot of people felt a connection with the offices they worked in maybe. Wink

Now, ' Spaced '... That's the best comedy series ever written... Ever. I love you

Spaced. I liked the first few episodes but then lost interest. Simon Pegg is funny though. I think my favourite surreal comedy series of recent years is Black Books. I haven't seen many of them but those I have caught have been gold. Bill Bailey is genius.

Oh, and The IT Crowd! That episode where he emails the fire brigade had me on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 7:57 am

Spaced is a TV series by the creators of 'Shaun of the dead' and 'Hot fuzz' baby.. It's a lot funnier than both of those though, full of film and television references and crazy characters. Brilliant stuff. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
boogieman7247
Fifth Nation
boogieman7247

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:06 am

Dexter has always been pretty dope. He's dating (or married to?) the actress that is his sister in RL. I think that's pretty cool. She's like a 8.5 on the 'yum' scale.

I have like 30 episodes of House dvr'd, and haven't watched yet. I had the same number of Heros taped, but then I thought "I can't imagine me watching that show anymore", so I delete them all.

My wife and I have both observed that Reaper, while still good, isn't quite as funny as it was. Sock has many fewer one liner zingers, that were his early trademark. Anyone else seeing that?

I want to hear more about this reafer. i mean reaper
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:13 am

Meh. he's a bit grim.

Oh, and he rides a pale horse called Binky.
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:40 pm

Reaper is still a good show. It's lost just a hair of luster for me.
Sock is not as funny or punchy as he used to be. The devil is still played brilliantly, and Sam is still played brilliantly. It's a good solid watch. At it's peak, it was witty like psych, while having a little of the buffy the vampire 'scooby and the gang' feel to it. Still a solid watch.

Dollhouse is still remarkable, in my opinion, too.
Back to top Go down
TuxGirl
Seventh Nation
TuxGirl

Nation Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:58 pm

Anyone watching Harper's Island?
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:53 pm

Anyone watching Harper's Island?

Ummmmm... Not heard of that.
Back to top Go down
TuxGirl
Seventh Nation
TuxGirl

Nation Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:35 pm

Its a show that has only 13 episodes and someone dies brutally every week. It's supposedly based out of Seattle. Taped in Vancouver (of course).
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:46 pm

Its a show that has only 13 episodes and someone dies brutally every week..

Oh yeah, now you describe it we do get that only here's it's got a different name: American Idol.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:11 pm

lmao

lolzapolooza x infinity

Dont let Rx see that now.
Its his favorite show you know.
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:19 pm

lmao

lolzapolooza x infinity

Dont let Rx see that now.
Its his favorite show you know.
Sad
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 12:25 am

Season 2 of True Blood tonight.
Rx likey. Vampires are dope.
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 4:38 am

Embarassed I love you
Who else is watching... 486751
Who else is watching... 915210
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who else is watching...   Who else is watching... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who else is watching...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Television and Movies-
Jump to: