Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Resistance 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

Resistance 2 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:37 am

GG's Monkey last night. cheers

We actually had a good match on the Trenches map. Shocked I think, my first ever... Very Happy= :D

There was only about thirty seconds in the whole match where we didn't hold the top plateau. Very Happy= :D Even then, I hopped onto the nearest vent, rode it up and reclaimed it by 40'ing one opponent and headshotting the Wraith-noob ironically named 'HEAD_S_H_O_T_Z'... Twisted Evil

Finished up 21-3 I think, with myself and Monkey taking the top two spots tied.. Although when the scorecard came up it dropped us to 2nd and 3rd for some reason, despite having much more XP than anyone else. scratch

Random R2 fact: The auto-aim on the Marksman is ridiculous, you can hit people in the head as they fly through the air on the vents. Shocked
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:54 am

GGs to you too, Leo. We came, we saw, we got owned. But then we came back and owned some ourselves.
Just had a few more games in here a minute ago. Several funny things happened.
1. I counter jumped a wraith glitcher. I got a few carbine rounds in him and he went for the jump. So did I. My melee landed. +1 points for me. ^_^ I get more amusement out of that than I should, but it's probably because...
2. I played a game against a wraith clan of four and one sniper just before that. Orick, town. Had a good run for a couple minutes. Ninja's into the raised covered bridge and meleed the sniper. Saw three red dots heading for the bridge. Picked up his Fareye and set the sights on the only way into that bridge; the narrow staircase. Pop, Pop. Two down. As luck would have it, that was just enough to fill a certain berserk meter. Which was good cause the last guy came up the stairs with his shield up and the newly respawned sniper behind him. I made a run for it. Twisted Evil Boom!
3. After that match I went to matchmaking again and guess who was there. Wraith clan! As the game started to load it their team mysteriously disappeared...
4. Someone messaged me after a different match. They said only, "Every time u kill me waz in the back". Laughing Wt?
Fun night. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 5:09 am

Super Double Post of AWESOME!!

Brackets are up for the tourney!

Mdawgg wrote:
First Bracket!
Game 1 - The Sixth Nation vs. Jester's Team Elite
Game 1 - Mojo's Salty Balls vs. No Egos Allowed
The tourney begins in two weeks on the 12th of September, so be prepared. Message me with a time that works for you, between Friday and Sunday.

Just hit level 25 so I think I'll make it in time.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 6:00 am

The other day I was getting totally owned by some Wraithers in sub docks. But I had one moment of swteetness. I'm up on one of those raised gantrys just in front of one of the airvents. A wraither comes round the corner from the central building and immediately puts up his shields. So, I lay a couple of magnum rounds at his feet and as he walks over them towards me I detonate them. Boom, 50 XP!, so now he's on half health. I can seem him thinking "WTF?! This isn't in the script!", so with his shields still up he runs at me, clearly intending to drop them just before he reaches and quick spin the barrels to land a killing blow. Idiot. About 2 ft in front of me he drops his shields so I mash that R3 button and Blam! Melee! 50 XP! Stunned Wraither dead. I giggle. A lot.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 6:06 am

eattheword wrote:
The other day I was getting totally owned by some Wraithers in sub docks. But I had one moment of swteetness. I'm up on one of those raised gantrys just in front of one of the airvents. A wraither comes round the corner from the central building and immediately puts up his shields. So, I lay a couple of magnum rounds at his feet and as he walks over them towards me I detonate them. Boom, 50 XP!, so now he's on half health. I can seem him thinking "WTF?! This isn't in the script!", so with his shields still up he runs at me, clearly intending to drop them just before he reaches and quick spin the barrels to land a killing blow. Idiot. About 2 ft in front of me he drops his shields so I mash that R3 button and Blam! Melee! 50 XP! Stunned Wraither dead. I giggle. A lot.

Resistance 2 - Page 7 886746
It's funnier to me cause I've thought that playing Soldier in Co-op. when a turret somehow hits me despite my full shield.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 7:14 am

Im ready for some Chimera killing today. Cool

(Also Stormtrooper killing, but thats for Star Wars)
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 8:53 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Super Double Post of AWESOME!!

Brackets are up for the tourney!

Mdawgg wrote:
First Bracket!
Game 1 - The Sixth Nation vs. Jester's Team Elite
Game 1 - Mojo's Salty Balls vs. No Egos Allowed
The tourney begins in two weeks on the 12th of September, so be prepared. Message me with a time that works for you, between Friday and Sunday.

Just hit level 25 so I think I'll make it in time.

Would this be for a coop tourney?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 2:43 pm

^ Yup. Starts on the 12th.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 8:00 am

Ok, so I read that to get the OMFGBBQ (or whatever it's called) trophy all you need to do is complete the final chapter of the campaign on Superhuman. I have SH unlocked having done my first (and only) playthrough on Difficult. Question: how the heck do I jump to the last chapter? I cannot seem to select any levels at all beyond the first three scenes of the first level. I'm sure I managed to choose the Daedalus scene once before on SH (when I thought that's all you need to do to get the trophy) but I'll be jiggered if I can figure out how to do it now.

Help?
Back to top Go down
Josey__Wales
Third Nation
Josey__Wales

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 8:34 am

Select Campaign, then load level. Use the right directional button to scroll over to Chicxulub crater, Mexico. Select Hangar Bay, then select Super Human.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 8:41 am

Right directional arrow. got it. thanks. Very Happy= :D Never thought of that -- just tried R1/L1. Embarassed

Is Hangar Bay sufficient to get the BBQ trophy, or do you need to do the whole of Chixuxuxuxuxuxulub Crater?
Back to top Go down
Josey__Wales
Third Nation
Josey__Wales

PostSubject: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 8:55 am

The whole thing as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 9:04 am

Thanks. I'll give it a go.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:27 am

Ok, here goes. I sat down after lunch to see if I couldn't bag me a OMGWTFBBQ trophy. I got preety straightforwardly to the start of the Daedals bit where you have to wait for him to have hissy fits as he rips the roofs off those rooms (though it took me a little while to kill both Titans as the first five times I didn't realise there was a LAARK lying on the ground pale ). Anyways, I'm doing ok, and then 'click' everything turns off. Power cut.

Comes on again about 40 mins later so I power up the PS3 to make sure it's all ok and squeeze in a couple of rounds before making dinner for the kids.

After both smaller kids in bed I restart the trophy attempt. 70 mins later, Hale attempts to stop a bullet with his forehead, and I get the trophy. cheers

Question: as I really do find the Campaign tedious, is there a quick and easy way to get the remaining Campaign trophies that does not involve playing through the whole thing? I don't think I could bring myself to playing it through completely again. Once was bad enough.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 4:17 am

Depends on which ones you still need. There are good places for each one.
Ex, If you still need to hunt spinners for the Snipe Hunt trophy, then Ratchet's guide can tell you which places to load from to find the most. Kill them. Then just reload and kill them again until you get thirty. Same basic idea for every trophy pretty much.
Which ones are you still missing? I'm sure someone *coughRatchetcough* can tell you which checkpoint to load to get them quickly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 6:31 am

CobaltMonkey wrote:
Depends on which ones you still need. There are good places for each one.
Ex, If you still need to hunt spinners for the Snipe Hunt trophy, then Ratchet's guide can tell you which places to load from to find the most. Kill them. Then just reload and kill them again until you get thirty. Same basic idea for every trophy pretty much.
Which ones are you still missing? I'm sure someone *coughRatchetcough* can tell you which checkpoint to load to get them quickly.

What's sad is I probably could give you a checkpoint to get the trophy... Facepalm Ratchet
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 7:34 am

Ok, this is what I think I still need:

Trophies needed:

They Go "Boom"
Get 30 kills with the Magnum secondary fire in the Single Player Campaign.

Wrecking Machine
Destroy 40 vehicles in the Single Player Campaign.

Master Spy
Collect all the Intel documents in the Single Player Campaign.

Mind Your Surroundings
Get 50 indirect kills using explosive objects in levels in the Single Player Campaign.

Exotic Weapon Collector
Get 20 kills with each weapon in the Single Player Campaign.

Snipe Hunt
Kill 30 Spinners in the Single Player Campaign.

Specter Officer
Reach max level (30) with one class in the Cooperative Campaign.

Specter Intel
Collect all Intel in the Cooperative Campaign.

Killing Machine
Score 10,000 kills in ranked matches in Online Competitive Multiplayer.

Primarch Hunter
Kill 200 Elite Chimerans in the Cooperative Campaign.

I didn't realise there is intel in the co-op. How on earth do you get that?
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 8:24 am

The intel, I believe, are all the mission briefings.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 8:46 am

Gotcha: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 10:31 am

eattheword wrote:
Ok, this is what I think I still need:

Trophies needed:

They Go "Boom"
Get 30 kills with the Magnum secondary fire in the Single Player Campaign.
You can get several Magnum kills on the first level of Campaign.

Wrecking Machine
Destroy 40 vehicles in the Single Player Campaign.
These areas have a lot of vehicles: Orick: Town of Orick, Twin Falls: Main Street.

Master Spy
Collect all the Intel documents in the Single Player Campaign.
Intel Guide: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mind Your Surroundings
Get 50 indirect kills using explosive objects in levels in the Single Player Campaign.
You can get several Indirect Enviro kills on the first part of Bryce Canyon. (You are in a VTOL with a Fareye, shoot the red barrels to kill the Hybrids)

Exotic Weapon Collector
Get 20 kills with each weapon in the Single Player Campaign.
What weapons do you need?

Snipe Hunt
Kill 30 Spinners in the Single Player Campaign.
Read this guide: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Specter Officer
Reach max level (30) with one class in the Cooperative Campaign.
Self-Explanatory

Specter Intel
Collect all Intel in the Cooperative Campaign.
You get Intel by beating a Co-Op level. (In the loading screen, there is a report. Beat the level to get that intel.)

Killing Machine
Score 10,000 kills in ranked matches in Online Competitive Multiplayer.
Self-Explanatory
Primarch Hunter
Kill 200 Elite Chimerans in the Cooperative Campaign.
Self-Explanatory

I didn't realise there is intel in the co-op. How on earth do you get that?

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:36 pm

The kiddies will be off to a school friends b day party soon so Ill be on in a bit.
Yaaaaaaaay for getting to play when Im not half asleep.
Back to top Go down
Josey__Wales
Third Nation
Josey__Wales

PostSubject: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:47 pm

It makes all the difference dont it?
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 5:14 pm

OMG yeah.

Something about being able to see your targets really helps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 5:28 pm

SixHousePull wrote:
OMG yeah.

Something about being able to see your targets really helps.

PSH! Who needs to see the targets?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resistance 2   Resistance 2 - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 6:52 pm

Just got two milestones on R2's Campaign.

First off, I just broke the 7 million XP barrier. Now Im only 3 million away from my 10,000,000 goal!
Secondly, I now have over 40,000 kills on Campaign. That's so much higher than I expected to have.
Back to top Go down

Resistance 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sixth Nation Gaming :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Shooters-
Jump to: