The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Graphics discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

Graphics discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 10:58 am

Def too sharp with the C4D, IMHO. I'd maybe separate the two halves of the face too, it looks strange that the mouths don't line up. Perhaps widening the split between them would ease that effect off some more. Thinking

The little Ratchets look like space-fillers too, I'd swap them for clan tag and name to balance the sides out. Wink
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:14 am

I thought so on the c4.

Maybe I can pop tiny ratchets kiddie corner either side, and name and tag in the others.

I could play with the face. Not sure what it would take. Thats pretty much the cover of the game I guess?
I just used it as the base for a background, and it became the foreground on me anyhow.

Thinking

I like the idea though of pulling them apart.

Thanks Leo
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:22 am

No worries, bud. Wink

I think it could be because the faces are so focal now that it stands out more, IDK... Maybe I'm just being too picky? Thinking
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:39 am

No I got it!!!

I'll pull the faces apart, resize tiny ratchet to the full scale size that he was, and have him busting through the faces.

Super thanks!
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:41 am

i agree with leo. the c4 is a bit sharp. but its the ratchets in the corners that seem out of place
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 2:47 pm

How's this one?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

or

this one

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 2:55 pm

C4d's are perfect.
Not sure on the mini ratchet in the middle. Dunno why but seems to take focus of the rest or I don't like the way he looks posed...

Still shit hot though.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 3:03 pm

Thanks Liam.

I guess Ill see what ratchet has to say on it huh?
Makes sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 6:18 pm

Both look fantastic Six. I chose the second one.

Thank you. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Rep--
Fifth Nation
Rep--

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Whats not right with this?

Its not sitting right with me.

To sharp on the c4?
Too hazy in the smudge?

Help please

I wish you would have done more with this one.. I really like the concept a lot.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 5:22 am

Same, I like to see brighter sigs, as most of the sigs I do are either dark, but Six got the bright colours right.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 6:21 am

Whats not right with this?

Its not sitting right with me.

To sharp on the c4?
Too hazy in the smudge?

Help please

I wish you would have done more with this one.. I really like the concept a lot.

Yeah if I had just motion blurred the c4s it would have been better. But once I heard the idea of splitting the faces I just had to try. What can I say, I was lost with out your guidance and input. Smile
In the end it made me kind of work a bit more and pressed me into something better I think.
That final sig has at least 10-12 layers that I worked as best I could.

Liam wrote:
Same, I like to see brighter sigs, as most of the sigs I do are either dark, but Six got the bright colours right.

I just used the ones from the stock, and blurred the edges into the c4s. I missed some spots I see.
idk, I kind of like the final one more but both were going ok.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 3:50 pm

yes or no?
tips

its still a work in progress
Back to top Go down
Rep--
Fifth Nation
Rep--

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Erase the lines over his face and a little down his neck.. Use a soft brush so it looks like it fades. Create a new layer and set it to soft light and hit the sides of him with the colors around him. Then create a new layer and fill it with black. Set it to Linear dodge. Take a 65 pix soft brush and select a color from the BG. Create a light source from this. Toy around with it and mess with the opacity until it looks real. Then top it of with a gradient layer of black and white set to luminosity at 34%. Then another gradient layer of orange/purple set at soft light on 42%. this should make it look blended a lot more. Wink

EDIT*

You could even take the color from his mask and brush on the mask on soft light to make it look like it is glowing. Graphics discussion - Page 3 1282
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 6:16 pm

not sure what you mean by hit the sides of him with the colours around him
also what the black layer set to linear dodge supposed to do? it just turns clear no?
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 26

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 7:06 pm

hey rep...
you seem to know what your talking about and know what your doing...
if it wouldn't hurt, i was wondering if you could through something classy together for me Razz
Something out of the ordinary Smile
Please and thank you
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:24 pm

six will not be impressed Wink
Back to top Go down
Shatten_Fox
Fourth Nation
Shatten_Fox

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 5:31 am

ok i've been away for awhile so i think its time to update my sig.
But before i start that i wanna know size wise how big can i actually make the sig? (as in dimensions) or how big a sig would u all like to see?

Because i found one of my old sig i never finished and i thought i might finish it and use it but only thing is it's 1000 x 300 which i think would be to big so ill have to see if i can shrink it without distorting the pic.

So do you think 1000 x 300 would be to big? Hmm i think it would be but hey that's why i'm asking.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 5:57 am

I think the standard is 450 x 200.
Thats the standard size, what I think you have is Banner size.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Shatten_Fox
Fourth Nation
Shatten_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 5:59 am

Eh maybe who knows i think it's actually bigger than a banner. oh well i guess that uncompleted one goes into the big it'll be to much trouble to fix it up ill just start from scratch and make a new sig.

Hmm what to have on it....?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:24 am

Why not take parts of the Banner type, Rip them out and place them in on the smaller template.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Shatten_Fox
Fourth Nation
Shatten_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:26 am

Yea i could. and i might just do that 2moz lol cbf trying to stuff with it now. just to much effort and i dont have the energy atm lol.
Back to top Go down
Shatten_Fox
Fourth Nation
Shatten_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:00 pm

Ok well i've been developing a new sig since i've been away for a bit so here it is.
Only thing is I'm not sure on the text colours so
Tell me what y'all think, any help on it would be great.
Back to top Go down
PiNeAppLe_eNiMa
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 6:18 pm

Kinda cool, way too much going on for my liking though...you need an actual focal point - I'd size it down a bit, and stick to just one render/one of those doods, then put your text on the other side. Tone down the brush/pen tooling stuff a bit then add some lighting to ze dood to draw your eye there...IMHO. The blue thing in the middle is cool, maybe stick that behind one of the renders?
Back to top Go down
Shatten_Fox
Fourth Nation
Shatten_Fox

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:41 am

Kinda cool, way too much going on for my liking though...you need an actual focal point - I'd size it down a bit, and stick to just one render/one of those doods, then put your text on the other side. Tone down the brush/pen tooling stuff a bit then add some lighting to ze dood to draw your eye there...IMHO. The blue thing in the middle is cool, maybe stick that behind one of the renders?

Hey thanks for the input ill see what i can do. You've given me some good ideas Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Graphics discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: User Gen :: Graphic Artists (sigs, manip, etc)-
Jump to: