The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Graphics discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

Graphics discussion - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 3:15 pm

Some are cropped from the official site. They weren't 1920x1080 so I made them 1920x1080.

Apparently the aspect ration of my TV is not exactly 16:9 but it's so close it shouldn't matter. I don't know why they're not fitting quite right.

It has also been suggested that I make the icons more interesting (and I totally agree) but if I'm going to make ~70 new icons I want it to be worth it. I need ideas.

I've found a program that lets you make and "test" the themes easily, and I know where to get the icons for the themes.

I'm currently using this theme creator: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I haven't experienced any problems downloading the files or using the program. It also comes with program that lets you preview your theme.
Here is the official theme creator: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The problem is it's out of date and not as easy to use. You want it though because it has majority of the files for the icons and they're all labelled.
To complete the icon package, go here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
You'll probably want to back up the icons package so you have the originals. Copy and paste the folder when you plan on making a theme.

I've only done some simple icons but I edited one of the icons until I liked it. I made a new layer and turned on the mask clipping. I did what I wanted then saved it as a *.psd. I duplicated the layer to other images and save them as *.png. If you don't save them as .png files they won't work. Repeat ~70 times for all the icons and you have your icons.

Use the theme builder to put it all together then make the theme.

EDIT: Well, I think I've found my problem.
Spoiler:

Our TV doesn't show the 1920x1080 rectangle, but it shows the next smaller one. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:45 pm

So I've narrowed down the wallpapers to three:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now I'm trying to make the icons look interesting while still fitting in with the wallpapers.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Seems a bit dull. Thinking
Back to top Go down
Rep--
Fifth Nation
Rep--

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:09 pm

I think I mae sumthin.... Can't find it.. As soon as I ficks my fotochop I will make moar.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 1:13 am

I tried that clipping mask tutorial you had posted Az, and apparently I can't follow it at all because Photoshop Elements doesn't have some of the things that the tutorial tells you to follow. I got as far as getting the background created, then I couldn't do the "Image > Apply Image" step they told me to do.

This is what I ended up getting after finishing some of the things the tutorial showed me how to do, but I still can't get my friggin' renders to blend with my backgrounds. I've been trying for so long and can't seem to get it. I'm about ready to just uninstall Photoshop and never go back.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:30 am

So you say there's no clipping mask option under Image > Apply Image? That's interesting because there's no option like that in Photoshop either. Maybe the tutorial is for an older version of PS and things have been moved around since then.

You have your two layers, right? Go to your list of layers and on your top layer right-click and a bunch of options should appear, including "Create Clipping Mask". Mind you that's for PS and I have no idea what Elements looks like. Puzzled
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 2:31 pm

I'm using Photoshop Elements 4.0, so I'm pretty sure it's a bottom of the barrel version with the least options. I don't even have "apply image" under the image menu.

This is what happens when I click Image in my version of Photoshop.

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 6:26 pm

So it doesn't give you any options when you look at the layers?

Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:55 pm

When I right click on a layer, I get this:

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:21 pm

What version of Elements do you have? Elements 8?

Does this help?

EDIT: You're using a Mac, right?
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:29 pm

I'm using Elements 4.0.

I've used later versions of Photoshop on both PC's and Macs and creating things are exactly the same thing, only the key commands are different.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:35 pm

Do the links help? I'm just looking on Adobe's site right now. It's not easy finding support documents for their older products.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:42 pm

I tested it out and I don't have that stuff. The clicking between the layers and getting the two circles part works, but then when I go to the Layer menu, "Create Clipping Mask" isn't there. It also says to create a new layer, and in the new layer dialogue box there's "Use previous layer as clipping mask". I'm missing that option in my version of Photoshop as well.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:49 pm

Thinking Maybe the clipping mask feature was added to later versions of Photoshop then. I guess you haven't done anything wrong with following the tutorial, you just can't continue with it.

I don't know what you want to do now.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:59 pm

I'm not sure either, but I know sometime later along the line I'm going to get a new computer, then a newer version of Photoshop and just not bother with Elements ever again haha.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:12 pm

Well from what I can tell the current version of Elements has the clipping mask feature and it's less than Photoshop. I guess you'd have to look at both.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:51 am

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:58 pm

According to that thread Liam, Elements 4.0 can't do any type of masking at all :/

You just have to do something in place of the masking.
Back to top Go down
SBRedFlag
Third Nation
SBRedFlag

Nation Reputation : 11

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 9:32 am

Hey y'all, just dropping in again Very Happy= :D

I just made a new sig again after a nearly 6 month hiatus, so I'm a little rusty.

What do you guys think? Is it a bit too washed out, or does it work? Thinking

(P.S. Lod, I am so happy that you still have that signature I made for you Razz )
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:27 pm

I wouldnt say washed out. Maybe a little bright? On my screen you can barely make out the RED text.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 3:12 pm

I agree with Six, it's waaay too bright in my opinion as well. I can barely see the text myself.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 4:13 pm

Six wrote:
I wouldnt say washed out. Maybe a little bright? On my screen you can barely make out the RED text.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I agree with Six, it's waaay too bright in my opinion as well. I can barely see the text myself.

They said it for me. Smile

That's an awesome sig Streety. I like the outline effect and the background.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:05 pm

Thanks Az, I made it quite some time ago and decided to bring it back for a while.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 9:25 pm

if you til your screan back (long as you dont have an old screen) the sig look awesome. try to lower the brightness to what you see when you tilt the screen back Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 5:30 am

I guess you gotta kill the brighness. My screen is naturally dark so it looks awesome on my screen.

I feel like I haven't changed my underpants in months now.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I feel like I haven't changed my underpants in months now.

Shocked

That's unsanitary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graphics discussion   Graphics discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Graphics discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 26 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: User Gen :: Graphic Artists (sigs, manip, etc)-
Jump to: