The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:03 am

It's midnight here in Texas. Your argument is now ruined.

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:29 am

Yeah, it's Monday...
But not quite Monday enough.

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Cobalt-1
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:04 am

So we're waiting for dawn in the savage lands then?

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Eb1yq9
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:16 am

*stretches and yawns*
Morning! It's a sunny Monday here... Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 514319 Monday? OMG! Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 229520 Monday!
Where is that postman with the cake?!
*starts preparing the room for a party*

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 SeyAre you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 2ba0co
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:56 am

No! They must wait yet longer.
Suspect
They haven't suffered enough.
Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:58 am

We're making people suffer now?
HOME MOVIE TIME!

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:04 am

Razz Come on!!!
I saw the postman arriving before! Bring the cake here!!!

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 SeyAre you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 2ba0co
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:11 am

You guys are terribly sadistic, you know that? Lol
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:25 am

hehehe ... Razz

Announcement has been made here

Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:51 pm

Still though, I believe this helps reiterate my point:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Porky
Seventh Nation
Porky

Nation Reputation : 31

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 1:24 pm

So what's happened to all the loyalists? Why have so many people been taken out of the group? Thinking
People have gone MIA or were, for whatever reason and they are penalised for it? People give their loyalty to the site, but where is "yours" to them? That seems a tad unfair to the community, imo.

2 cents
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 7:43 am

@Porky wrote:
So what's happened to all the loyalists? Why have so many people been taken out of the group? Thinking
People have gone MIA or were, for whatever reason and they are penalised for it? People give their loyalty to the site, but where is "yours" to them? That seems a tad unfair to the community, imo.

2 cents
Although I respect all admins of this site.. I can NOT argue with this post...not one bit.

Last edited by Celly on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 7:45 am

How exactly can you be loyal to a site that you don't even visit? scratch

I don't login to the Insomniac forums anymore, I'm not suddenly posting there asking why I haven't got my Ratchet and Clank beta code, that would be ethically wrong... You get out what you put in, if you can't be arsed to be loyal to the site then what can you expect to happen? Shrug

But thanks for your concerns. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 8:03 am

There are a lot of loyalist here that don't frequent the site anymore, right ? so why are they still loyalist's if I may ask.
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 8:28 am

Prepare to nail me to the cross if you like but... Shrug

I don't get it either. As Porky said just because life demands more out some than others shouldn't give anyone the right to take away the earnings from a user that has done so much for this community.
I have seen any where from Admins to "regular users" step away for a little while to deal with non-related Nation issues. And there isn't a damn thing wrong with it. Just being loyal for a greater purpose called "A life".
If other "user groups" such as..oh I don't know..let's say.. Admins and Mods per Sixth Nation "law", can not be demoted for doing the same than why should anyone else get punished.

Last edited by Celly on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 8:36 am

Mostly cause those Loyalists were inactive a great and extended period of time that begs the question of whether they would be coming back at all. We didn't simply go by weeks since last visit in order to remove.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 8:38 am

Celly - I fully understand that Life comes in first at everything. I'm not saying we should strip the loyalist of their status just because they haven't been here in a few months/weeks or days.

What seems strange too me though is that if a member hasn't been to the site in nearly a year or more, and then come's back will then still retain the loyalist status.

At least that is how I feel.

Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:13 am

The answer is simple really.
Let's say you jolli , for example , poured your heart and soul into a community forum ranging any where from recruiting new users to stepping up with graphic requests,helping new users get a feel of a solid forum,putting many MANY hours into the building of a community.
Then BOOM! Out of no where life's true events call for your undivided attention,rather it takes a day or a year and when you returned to the forum that you absolutely adored only to find a community has forgot all the deeds that you sanked into it.
How would you feel?
Real life doesn't simply say " Ok I know you have other commitments so I will be out your hair in 2 weeks."
Doesn't work that way.
Back to top Go down
kratosXS
Sixth Nation
kratosXS

Nation Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:31 am

Nobody believes for an instant that an online community takes precedence over real life events, but it is incumbent upon each member that is truly serious about their commitment to their online friends to let them know if they will be absent for any stretch of time. I for one can vouch for this community's patience in letting me take a number of extended breaks over the past year or so. For various reasons I have been unable to commit as I would always like, but I always let at least Six know why I was going. If you are sincere with other people, and this is as much a part of real life as it is on the internet, then decent people will give you the latitude you require to deal with the stinkers RL throws at you. Eventually, people may come to appreciate that if you are gone, there may be a damn good reason for it. I fully expected my Loyalist spot to be removed, as there were other worthy members that could have attained the honour, but the kindness and understanding of those with whom I had built up a rapport helped to ensure that didn't happen. I am most grateful to my friends for their compassion and understanding during a tough time. But regardless of the good work or level of posts in the past, having the courtesy of telling those you share a site with of RL events is definitely a help. Wink
Back to top Go down
chica
Fifth Nation
chica

Nation Reputation : 7

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Just throwing my 2 cents in as well, as someone who has had her loyalist status removed, could someone tell me what reason it serves to remove someones status? I'm thinking it means that we're not classed as 'loyal' anymore. I don't know about other peoples reasons for not being here, but I can assure you, mine was a real life issue and I wasn't 'disloyal', I didn't frequent any other forums, just had other issues that needed my attention. I can see no reason why someones status can't remain, even though they are inactive for whatever reason. It serves no purpose to remove it in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:40 pm

@ Kratos- Six told me once that I had the most I.P. addresses he had ever seen. You want to know why? Because I didn't have internet of my own and would use anybody's that would let me just to stop in here to check in with everyone. But not everyone is able to do so. I wouldn't be able to post this very one if it wasn't for the fact I'm on Sixy's phone. In fact..I'm unsure as to when I will see internet of my own.
Yet if I was a loyalist I would run the risk of losing my title all because of things that couldn't be controlled.
And that's just one example.
You have been going through issues in R.L. (which btw I'm glad to see you back) that prevented you from being able to be full on active and thankfully had the opportunities to check in. Awesome.
But what if you were un able to check in and when you finally regained that advantage you came back to a community that pentalized you for it?
Fair?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:51 pm

Loyalty has nothing to do with not visiting other forums. Quite the opposite, in fact. We encourage all our members to visit around the internet and carry word of this place, provided they are conducting themselves in a positive manor. We don't want our site associated with trolls, for instance, but it's kind of expected that a troll wouldn't make Loyalist status to begin with.
If one's Loyalist status was removed, it was, as Liam noted, for very long, unexplained absences, or conduct not befitting a pillar of the Nation community that a Loyalist is supposed to be (which has yet to be the case for anyone, might I add).

But let's look for a moment on how you got there in the first place.
What did it take?
In summary, a good attitude, good posting habits, forum presence, and making positive contributions to the community.

But here's the kicker: Loyalist status isn't a trophy you put on a shelf to gather dust once you have it. If you stop exhibiting those traits that got you here, then you're no longer acting like a Loyalist.

What purpose does removing it serve? It ensures that having the badge still means something. Loyalist status is not just an honor, it's a responsibility.
Think of it this way: If you get a promotion at work for working hard, can you then stop working hard and expect to maintain the position? Of course not. And considering the "hard work" involved here is simply continuing to be a good poster, I don't think that's too much to ask.

Yes, life happens without warning often enough. We all understand that.
But really, how hard is it to drop a message saying "stuff's gone south on me, be back when I can"? Unless your area has become completely devoid of power/technology for a year or more (which can happen, we do understand), it's not too much to ask that you chime in once every few months to let us know that you're still with us in spirit. K's an excellent example of that.
We've even given a gentle nudge in the past before going in to cut the group down. All Loyalists were sent an email asking them to check in. Few did. Those that did remain.

Should it be lost due to inactivity, Loyalist status can be earned again, of course. But it's probably going to be harder the second time around.
See, it's not just up to the admins. The current Loyalists get a hand in saying who they want among their number too. So, how well received will you be? Those who are there continue to represent the Nation well wherever they go, and spend their time on site contributing positively. If you've been cut before, it wouldn't surprise me to see them want more significant contributions than just hitting the chat threads.

Back to top Go down
chica
Fifth Nation
chica

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 2:06 pm

Thank you for the clarification. I'm now aware of what it takes to part of this site. Although having read all that I need to do to get my status back, I don't know whether I will have the time to attempt to do it or have the inclination, I post where and when I have something to say, rather than spam. And whilst I know a forum needs rules and regulations, sometimes all the hoops you have to jump through can be quite off putting.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Post well, post with some regularity, make your posts a positive contribution.
Doesn't look like a lot of hoops to me. Smile

Back to top Go down
chica
Fifth Nation
chica

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 2:18 pm

"Should it be lost due to inactivity, Loyalist status can be earned again, of course. But it's probably going to be harder the second time around.
See, it's not just up to the admins. The current Loyalists get a hand in saying who they want among their number too. So, how well received will you be? Those who are there continue to represent the Nation well wherever they go, and spend their time on site contributing positively. If you've been cut before, it wouldn't surprise me to see them want more significant contributions than just hitting the chat threads".

I think this ^^^ sounds like hoop jumping to me Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: News in the Nation :: Things You Should Know-
Jump to: