Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 6:54 pm

this is kindly fun lol
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:12 pm

Made my system freeze twice and signed out at the end of my first game. Not impressed ND. Game is laggy and AK is useless. G-MAL is vastly superior to the AK as well.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:14 pm

s1lv3r4554551n wrote:
Made my system freeze twice and signed out at the end of my first game. Not impressed ND. Game is laggy and AK is useless. G-MAL is vastly superior to the AK as well.
You do ealize its just a beta, right? scratch
I'm gettring an error message as well.
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:31 pm

Yeah, can't even connect because of some error message.

:\
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Finished d/l now installing. Took less than 30 mins. Ill see if I get the same message
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:10 pm

Yup just like I expected freezes and lags ...
Back to top Go down
Static-Star1
Fifth Nation
Static-Star1

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:32 pm

I keep freezing.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:57 pm

Yep same with me. Sorry Dragon, couldn't keep playing. 3 times is enough for me. facepalm2 So far like the buddy system. The 2v2v2 is a fun mode for a friend. The custimazation is pretty cool too.
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:12 pm

mattmo0121 wrote:
s1lv3r4554551n wrote:
You do ealize its just a beta, right? scratch
I'm gettring an error message as well.

Here, test drive this car with no brakes. It doesn't work but you should test it out anyways.

I'm still giving ND the benefit of the doubt, in that the abundance of PS+ memberships has led to the servers being overloaded, but still. The game freezing the system is a coding error, not lag or playerbase related.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:24 pm

I managed to download it without any problems, took me less than half an hour as well. My problem is actually finishing a game!

My first two matches that I have played the beta has frozen on me, this is feeling worse than the Medal Of Honour beta! The only other match I have actually lasted the frame rate has been like less than 10 per second. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the beta and game itself or that the naughty dog servers can't handle the amount of people that are downloading and playing the beta. But as it is, it's simply unplayable for me, now I know it's a beta but how can you release a beta in this crap a condition? It's not going to do you any favours and if anything it's going to put people off of the game, I hope like hell they patch it or get whatever is making it lag and freeze sorted out because it certainly doesn't make me very keen for the games release.

From the one game that I have managed to survive with a barely bearable frame rate, I found that it feels completely different to Uncharted 2, something which in my eyes at least is a bad move on Naughty Dogs part. The movement feels very weighty and almost like Killzone 2, almost like the controls seem to take a fraction of a second to react which is not at all how I remember the Uncharted series at all. Because of this also I feel that it has lost a lot of it's gun game and speed, so when you come up to another player it's almost pointless trying to strafe to avoid their fire. The recoil and the un reactive controls mean that the gun game is pretty much gone which is a shame. And yes I did turn up my sensitivity but with no success.

The guns have a bit more recoil, which I am personally against at the moment, it means that it takes less skill to stay aimed on a player and means that some random noob could get a lucky recoil over me and get a headshot. Whereas when games have little to no recoil, like MAG, it means that you can actually aim for the head without being scared that it's going to randomly recoil off of your target instead of aiming for the body and hoping for a headshot like in Call Of Duty.

I am yet to experience the medal kick backs yet but the things that I have heard from my friends aren't at all positive.

I do have to say though that the one game that I have managed to play was the new 2 vs 2 vs 2 game mode and it was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed it and if you had a good partner with a mic it would be a lot of fun and quite tactical.

Pretty much in my eyes if you have any experience in Uncharted 2 it doesn't mean anything for Uncharted 3.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:10 pm

Damn , no beta for me Sad , enjoy it guys , i guess i have to wait till november 1st to try it
Back to top Go down
iTrippin
New in the Nation

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:43 pm

The beta wasn't that bad in my eyes, yea a little glitches/freezes here and there, but it was enjoyable for the most part, the only thing that needs patching besides the glitches and freezes is the pistol and the team balancing. I know that level doesn't matter but when you play with a group of level 1s and vs a group of lvl 5s and above who do you think would win
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:03 am

The boosters and medal kickbacks are pretty unbalanced. I guess ND hasn't learned anything from U2's MP feedback.

I must say it's pretty easy to pwn, though (just as I had predicted) it's annoying to go on a tear and then get shut down by someone's RPG they've been camping with.

Like Flight said the game feels slow. The G-MAL out guns everything except when inside on Chateau and strafing is worthless. The grenades take longer to throw but have a larger (yet still inconsistent) blast radius. Definitely needs some tweaking.

Anyways got a two connect fours, a fury and an overall positive experience, though the little things are pretty annoying.
Back to top Go down
neo267
Third Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:22 am

Downloaded it, installed it and played three games. 2 deathmatches and one Co-op arena. Gotto give it more time to to fully realize the changes made.

But my initial reaction was..... this is not uncharted!! Like Flight of grey pointed out, the movement feels very weighty, the guns feel totally different. But once i got over that i was very impressed. Got kicked out out the first deathmatch coz i had no idea what was happening and killed a team mate. Played co-op arena got used to the controls a bit more, and got back into DM.

That was an awesome game, gotto see 3 powerplays, don't know their exact names, but 2 were like a marked man, one for my team and one for the opposition, where u get extra points for killing the marked guy. I managed to kill him 3 times when it was our turn. It was massacre Guns firing, i really wouldn't want to be the marked man. That said we defended our guy a lot better, he died only once i think. There is defintely more scope for team work because of the marked man power play, especially defending your guy. In UC2 you could get by DM after DM playing the lone wolf style, not sure that's gonna work here, if you wanna win matches. I Enjoyed it even though i was playing with total strangers.

The 3rd Powerplay was weird, every single player in the map, i.e opponents and team mates are made visible to you, they are all marked with a red arrow and their skins are changed to look like a darker version of Platzor. Basically u cant tell a enemy apart from a buddy. It was very confusing dint know what the hell was happening. Dint enjoy this one. I decided to hide and wait it out, instead going in like its free for all. Not sure about this PP ND but will give it more time to see how it plays out.

Got a medal kick back too. Rpg spawning in my hand out of nowhere was fun.

Dint experience any, freezes or frame rate issues that flightofgrey mentioned earlier. Hopefully its been fixed.

Its too early to say what's good and what's bad. But this was my initial reactions

Off to work now, can't wait to get back and give it another go.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:43 am

How do you get in ???
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:46 am

I thought it was pretty good. My first match felt like it was a bit all over the place, but it has a lot of potential... I can't wait for the full version now :3
Back to top Go down
neo267
Third Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:49 am

Mitchellkillgour wrote:
How do you get in ???

Don't u have PS+ from the welcome back package?
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:59 am

Well, the combo of downloading/installing took just over 6 hours for me, and I am yet to finish a single match. With frame rates at less than 3 per second, and freezing of my PS3 every few choppy minutes of game, I might as well have tried to play the game without being connected online. I am yet to score a kill because every time I try to aim/shoot/sprint/throw grenade there is at least a ten second delay from when I press the button to when my character does the prompted action. The longest that I have probably been able to actually have a clear picture would be around 20 seconds. I at least want a taste of what I will actually be buying come November. Yes, I do know that it's a beta, but COME ON NAUGHTY DOG! You have to prepare your servers better than you have. Did they really not realize that EVERYONE has access to free PS +? I would expect something that they test to at least work. Kind of adding on to what Silver said, it's like driving a test car that has no engine.
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:15 am

*brakes, but yea, same idea.

On twitter Arne Meyer said that they patched it up a bit and to me it seemed much better than before. I'd give it some more time.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:21 am

I know that it will get better, but I'm just kind of mad that I spent that much time downloading it and I couldn't even play it Laughing
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:01 am

Charlitos wrote:
I know that it will get better, but I'm just kind of mad that I spent that much time downloading it and I couldn't even play it Laughing

I know what you mean, mine was stuck on 50% for an hour... Hope you can get the full experience soon though Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:06 am

I only have issues if im in a party
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:10 am

Well.....getting a server initialization error right now. Had my best TDM to date. 20 - 8 in a losing effort.

I LOVE the overtime idea. Excellent call.

I like how the bullet spray is almost non-existant. You need to be able to aim well. reminds me of when I first got started on Resistance 1. I have yet to test if there are multiple hitboxes for upper body/headshots but so far I like how the AK is set up for those who can aim.

I havent played with the new FAL (forget the name) but I'll look to try more. I'm also trying to get used to the maps so I can do a quick walkthrough soon hopefully. Learning some weapon spawns a bit as well.

So far, the kickbacks don't seem TOO bad. But then I only have the RPG for now. The others....we'll see. The customization for my banner etc is a cool touch. Though I havent seen hwo its a benefit. I've been the leader and I dont know when or how my opponents see it. But meh.

We will see how the bonus' get better once I level up higher. That will allow me to dtermine how much more of an advantage higher level players have with their unlocks over the lower ones.

So far...so good. I'm not disappointed. Which is a good thing. I want to get back on....hopefully this stupid error goes away.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:44 am

I wanna party up with you guys, it's not as fun going at it solo Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception   Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Page 38 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:59 am

Well , I have no idea why I can't get it as everyone including me has PSN plus !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ,

P.S , I'm not sure about getting your copy Reo as it may not work for NZ ,
Back to top Go down

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

View previous topic View next topic Back to top