Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Resistance: Fall of Man

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

Nation Reputation : 23

Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 10:55 pm

Meaty: Sent you a PM. Let's play!

Spongey-poo: That's just it. I tried to buddy invite both. No go. Looks like you haven't logged in for a while?
Back to top Go down
CharlesZidler
First Nation
First Nation
CharlesZidler

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 2:49 am

Lets get some custom airfuel/dragons going What a Face or all LAARK in the sub Suspect
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 3:53 pm

Hi smexies-
Red- yeah man, Ive been logging in almost everyday now, dont know what the problem is. Im gonna have to send you an invite buddy, whats your PSN?

Charles- hai, yeah Canon and I played some RFOM customs yesterday. Carbines and Fareyes only, well I can safely say- I suck at this game, but I have fun doing it.
cheers
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 6:54 pm

Sponge wrote:

Red- yeah man, Ive been logging in almost everyday now, dont know what the problem is. Im gonna have to send you an invite buddy, whats your PSN?

I've already PMed you my PSN!!! It was the first one I sent you... (T_T)
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 7:03 pm

Information you give the sponge tends to leak out his many holes.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 8:08 pm

SixHousePull wrote:
Information you give the sponge tends to leak out his many holes.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Red- oops!!
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Loyalist
Loyalist
A_Bloody_Bunny

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 5:06 pm

Leonardo_337 wrote:
Okay, as soon as EcR finds his box... Rolling Eyes Laughing

"Sixth Nation theme night" - Psn names in the theme of Sixy's choosing. Very Happy= :D

Watch this space. :!:

FOUND IT cheers

of course I was looking for something totally different ... I never did find that scratch meh ... I got my games
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 5:19 pm

Ive already opened discussions with the clan about hosting some FoM event.
Probably around the 4th when most will have extended weekends.
Not sure if it will be a theme night, as it is hard to get people to want to make a new account, but we'll come up with something.
Suggestions are always welcome.
I was thinking something like a game called Get the Ninja
Its a tdm that will be a little one sided. :pirat:

Kidding aside,
Information will be posted in the events board once we get some details hammered out.
Community involvement would be great! We're just gonna get together anyhow for S & G's so we might as well do something good.
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

PostSubject: Posted this on the Resi forums...   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:01 pm

100 FFA's in 8 days...

Essentially I find the FFA matchfinder to be ridiculous, so I recorded some data for 100 FFA's. Here it is:

Human matches: 56/100 = 56%
Chimeran matches: 44/100 = 44%

Conversion: 6/100 = 6%

8-man maps: 66/100 = 66%
8-man maps (Chimeran): 28/66 = 42%

MAP TOTAL
Man-8: 12; Man-16: 7 19
Nott-8: 8; Nott-16: 8; Nott-32: 2 18
Thames: 12 12
Somer-8: 10; Somer-16: 1 11
Grim-8: 9; Grim-16: 2 11
Subway: 9 9
Bus: 6 6
Lex: 4 4
Cam-8: 3; Cam-16: 1 4
West-8: 2 2
Axe-8: 1; Axe-16: 1 2
Brack-16: 1 1
Roof: 1 1

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

Nation Reputation : 32

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:14 pm

I know that the match making system takes into account the ...well,...not the rank, but the 'ability' of the player searching when accounting for who to match you against, and, presumably, what map.

I'd be interested in seeing what the data looks like if you created a brand new account, and did exactly the same thing. I suspect it would mix things up a bit more. But I dunno.

Either way, impressive little experiment. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:29 pm

I'm playing on a sub-account. It now has just over 6K kills, iirc. It didn't start at 0 kills, however.

In my experience the matcfinder doesn't take anything into account beyond "are you searching FFA?", especially the things that it should (like map occurrence balancing). I might make a themed account when Alucard1028 gets a working copy of RFoM. If I do, I'll try this again. Hopefully I don't break anything because this game can get pretty damn frustrating.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:29 pm

It fits with my experience. I seem to end up in Manchester, Nottingham, Thames, or Grimsby. Almost never get Busyard or Subway and I love Subway.
I'm surprised that 56% were human. I tend to get nearer 20% human.
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:44 pm

eattheword wrote:

I'm surprised that 56% were human. I tend to get nearer 20% human.

Yeah. This was a big one for me too. I absolutely despise Chimeran FFA & have always felt it to be much more lopsided. Now I'm wondering if it's just been a bias rooted in my displeasure. Hell, Chimeran FFA was one of the main reasons why I originally quit this game.

I've got some other ideas for 100 FFA data collection (brand new account, region locked, etc.). If I can get through these, we'll see if the results are similar.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:55 pm

Nice work, Red. Interesting percentage on CC FFAs, like you say, it must just be more noticeable if you dislike them... Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:58 pm

I prefer Chimeran FFAs but it still seems like 8/10 are Chimeran.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 4:25 pm

I find that the chimeran rage is pointless in R2. Its AMAZING in R1 though.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 4:34 pm

I've never used it in R2; I prefer Invisibility or Overload.
Back to top Go down
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 6:56 pm

I'm pretty sure that when I left it was about 90% Chimeran FFAs. It was almost always 8ppl too. Long gone were the 32 FFAs that were just a madhouse. So much fun.
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 12:27 pm

I have yet to see any of you in-game. (T_T)
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 1:26 pm

LoL, good for us... It's usually through a Fareye scope that you see me, bud. Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
boogieman7247
Fifth Nation
boogieman7247

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 3:22 pm

the servers are still up on fom?
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 4:36 pm

Leonardo_337 wrote:
LoL, good for us... It's usually through a Fareye scope that you see me, bud. Shocked Laughing

Wait. Do you mean that you'd see me through a Fareye (as in, you will try to keep distance between us) or the other way around? I are confused...

boogieman7247 wrote:
the servers are still up on fom?

Yep!
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 1:58 am

redhamuSLA wrote:
Leonardo_337 wrote:

Wait. Do you mean that you'd see me through a Fareye (as in, you will try to keep distance between us) or the other way around? I are confused...

As in, you'd keep sniping me, Red, not the other way round. Laughing

It was in reference to you being a bit handy with a sniper rifle, bud. Wink
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 4:09 am

Leonardo_337 wrote:

It was in reference to you being a bit handy with a sniper rifle, bud. Wink

USED to be, perhaps. I'm all washed up now. I'll pull something off like the good old days once in a blue moon & get hella pumped about it, but there's no consistency yet. (>_<)

I'll just have to keep at it. (^_-)b
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 8:58 am

Yes consistancy.....something I definitely lost. I played 4 DM's last night for the first time in months.....dear god I got pwnd SO bad. Negative K/D in all of my matches and not even in the top 3. I used to to win the majority of my 1 on 1s.....last night I was lucky to come out of it with a double kill......*sigh*

I had put so much work into getting good too....Sad Why did other games have to come out and help me lose my skillz.... No
Back to top Go down

Resistance: Fall of Man

View previous topic View next topic Back to top