Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Resistance: Fall of Man

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 9:13 am

Did you used to play under that account, Raist? I don't ever remember coming across it on Rfom, I used to play every day. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 11:57 am

Leonardo_337 wrote:
I don't ever remember coming across it on Rfom, I used to play every day. Very Happy= :D

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:14 pm

I'm not sure if it was under that account but by his own words, Raistlin came out as a trainee in first SAN if I recall.
So somewhere in the time frame of its beginning, and its end.
I'd say lets see if the ninja remembers, but the ninja is old.

:pirat:
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:34 pm

Yeah, but he's only twelve in Ninja-years. Wink

That's why he always finds boob jokes so funny. Laughing
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 2:58 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 6:49 pm

I started with RFOM as a huge newb. After getting hooked on the adrenaline rushes of the fast paced DM's I wanted to get better. So, I signed up on myres and read over all of the newb material. Those tips helped me focus and thats when I started getting better. Because of my total suckage before I started getting good, my stats are still horrible but I did manage to drag my crappy stat sheet at least into like a 1.2 k/d. this fooled a lot of people as I quickly started holding my own much better. 80% of 1 vs 1's I would end up winning and I had started winning more than I was losing very regularly and then R2 came along. Utilizing my skills from R1, I quickly got the hang of R2 after the learning curve and differences became clear.

After reaching SC rank in R2 I went back to R1 and won a few more matches to get my full SC rank there as well. Since then its been all R2 and so my R1 skills, it seems, have reverted back to newb status Sad By the fourth match, though I noticed I was getting a bit of my aim back. But by then I had to kick my ass to bed.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 6:58 pm

Thats how it goes for me too.

Ill start getting back into the swing but the first few games you'd think I'd never even seen a chimeran before.

By the time some of it is coming back full, its time to log off.

The change in controls will always be a factor for me.
I cant handle the lack of good zoom in FoM
Zoom is there, but its instant. Drives me crazy

80% of carbining in R2 is knowing when to and when not to zoom in, and gauging enemy distance.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 7:11 pm

I never zoom in R2 unless is with the fareye/marksman.....*shrug*

For some reason last night my run/chimeran rage button was change from my L2 button to my triangle button. I was like wtf?
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 7:42 pm

Well my eye are old, and need all the help they can get.

I zoom a lot with the carb. Fareye. I guess thats it really. Auger is a given
The marksman I no scope but dont really use it all that often anyhow.
Back to top Go down
boogieman7247
Fifth Nation
boogieman7247

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 8:05 pm

snipe is the only thing that i am good at in fom. its sad i know.
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 8:09 pm

i only use the carb in rfom
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 9:14 pm

I suppose everyone starts out as a total noob, right? I only played the Campaign for 15 minutes & then hopped online. I'm a huge FFA/DM freak, so that's where I started. LOL. As a result, my kdr was pretty negative in the beginning too, but I started getting the hang of it. I suppose that playing Halo had helped (which was my first FPS).

Anyways, if anyone wants to train up in some RFoM, get at me in a PM or just post up here.

Regarding R2's Carbine, yes you should probably utilize the zoom. It gives the Carbine extra auto-aim distance & thus the ability to start the fight earlier. Essentially you'd have to understand when to zoom & then zoom back out to end the fight (if the players continue to get closer to each other, as close-range zoom Carbining blows).
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 9:16 pm

I think pureshock was mrecommending this in the tutorial thread I made on myres.

I just cant do it. I find that I lose the peripheral vision a bit since I'm focussed and zoomed in with it. *shrug*. But to each their own Smile
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 10:04 pm

Thats what I was getting at.
I remember a game in Arena where Tux and I were just messing around unranked.
She goes.."You were able to hit me from way over there?"

Yup.

The carbine fires much farther than people think.
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 11:35 pm

Raist, IMHO being able to use the Carbine zoom properly & with the correct timing/situation is a necessary skill in R2. If you don't use it, you are essentially throwing away %40 of your R2 Carbine's ability. It allows you to engage your opponent from greater distances and it also allows you to pick people off that have just finished a battle, but would normally be out of range (thus giving the opponent that extra time to duck behind cover, heal and/or strategize while you sprint into the distance you are comfortable with, if you DIDN'T use the zoom).

A great example of the Carbine's zoom ability is on Docks. If you don't use the zoom, you can't pick people off from the top back grates, but using zoom you can. It's kind of hard for me to explain exactly where I'm talking about. If you really want, I can meet up with you in a custom game and show you what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 1:24 am

Its interesting because I'm very comfortable and accurate with my non zooming. I suppose I just got used to it from not using the zoom. Carbing from the top back grates down to a target running on the docks is easy prey as long as they don't go out of my line of sight. Even so, depending on the situation I can follow and 1 magnum blast gets the job done.

The one reason I prefer the carb over the marksman is because even at medium range, like you mentioned, the carb is very reliable and accurate: unlike the bullseye which starts to have a great spread once the range increases. My success has been because of my carb use and accuracy (which I base my improvement on and did with R1 as well. Better accuracy = higher chance for the kills and wins). By being able to pick people off from a distance and not zooming in allows me to see more of the screen to the right and left of my target so I can be ready for the guy coming to pick us both off. Say, as an example, you and I find each other and the 1 vs 1 starts. As we're strafing, I notice a 3rd red dot on my radar coming for us. By being zoomed in, my chances may be better to take you down (which is a challenge as I remember having a few ranked DM showdowns vs you before we actually got acquainted) BUT, by being zoomed, third man in dude coming in will show up on my screen later than if I was zoomed out and so I have to rely on my radar more than my first person vision while keeping my aim on you. If I won that 1 vs 1 I need to target the other guy as quickly as possible. A transition from a zoomed in POV to a regular one would throw me off. Keeping in zoomed in mode feels too slow when turning as does strafing.

But this is just my reactions. To those who are successful with it, it definitely is a good tool I'm sure. I just don't like the way it feels Smile
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 1:30 am

HMmmmm. For me it's more like: "Arrrghh! There's a guy in front of me. Mash that R1 button and jiggle L3 and R3. Open eyes. Is he dead? Yes? Phew!! That was luc...."

Respawn in 5... 4...
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 1:58 am

Well, you don't KEEP it zoomed in. That would be stupid. You use it to pick off or start on the people that are just out of range, then zoom back out once you've reached normal view range. Don't reject it just cuz it feels weird (it felt weird to me at first too). Try to get used to it, even if it's in customs or something.

I'm not saying that Pure & I were the best players in the world, but our stats kind of speak for themselves. We must have been doing something right. By not using the zoom function on the Carbine, you are not utilizing your chosen weapon to it's greatest potential.

But whatever. This is a RFoM thread. R2 is garbo. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 5:18 pm

redhamuSLA wrote:
R2 is garbo. LOL.

Word. Razz
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 5:35 pm

The Hoosalump likes to have full access to a Laark. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 6:00 pm

The laark was hilarious. It isn’t enough to get a rocket launcher but let’s go ahead and add in heat-seeking mini rockets that chase your enemy across the map. Sign me up! :cherry:
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 7:38 pm

Hoos wrote:
The laark was hilarious ridiculous.

Changed that one for you. I hate that weapon. That & the 40mm/tag/Arc. Everything else is amazing. I'm working on getting my Auger kills higher than my Arc. It's taken me a little while to get good with the Auger again (as a weapon). I love it.

Alucard1028 & I were discussing "what are the most satisfying kills to get?" & we came up with one of them: double-barrel shotty to the chest OR aerial double-barrel on an Arc Charging scrub. It's an awesome feeling.

I was also thinking about some other awesome stuff that happens in this game. One of them is playing with my buddies. [BS!] has never been a big clan. As such, the max we ever really rolled with into tdm's was maybe 5. Those 5, however, were perfectly balanced: Alu1028 = shotty (close); Sugar/scuba = Carb (mid); Guz21 = Carb/Fareye (mid/far); me = whatever we needed. Add in any others and it was all good.

Well, now that the game is kind of dead, it's kind of only Alu1028 & I. Things aren't as smooth as they used to be, but I absolutely LOVE sprinting outside, gunning one opponent down, getting a bit of the another one, dying...and then on my death screen (in black & white) I see someone sprint at the guy that got me & fold him with a double-barrel SKILLGUN!. It's hilarious because I know who that is. And then we both crack up. Good stuff. Thanks IG for at least one good FPS. (^_-)b
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 7:42 pm

i made a account just using the laark 3900 kills in 600 games Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rep--
Fifth Nation
Rep--

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 1:43 pm

Hoos is a wh0r3 and I hate him. And Canada. Hoos. Get raped.
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Resistance: Fall of Man   Resistance: Fall of Man - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 3:36 pm

I love LAARK....and lamp....and sometimes book, but never Hoos or Canada for that matter.
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

Resistance: Fall of Man

View previous topic View next topic Back to top