Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Uncharted2: Among Thieves

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:39 am

Ouch man, that's brutal.
Back to top Go down
neo267
Third Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:36 am

I seen map glitching(breaking out of the map area) only on highrise recently. ND seems to have sorted out other maps. I dint even know there was something called triple booster glitch. What is that?

*EDIT

I just finished playing, i was wrong about seeing map glitching only on the highrise. Noticed one guy doing it in the fort, same guy in two separate games in the fort. The most pathetic thing about the guy was he could get just 1 kill in each match to 10 deaths. Lame Cool
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:00 am

Thankfully glitching has slowly been going down which shows ND has put work in to try and make it as glitch free as possible. Props for sure.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:34 pm

It's not necessarily that Naughty Dog is fixing the problems, each problem they fix opens up a new hole. Thankfully, only a few of the high-level players, and their respective groups have figured these out, and have shared them among themselves, from what I've seen.

Airwalk still exists, mechanically, the way to get there is just a little bit different. The FS is what's enabling these new exploits, in glitching through ledges, and in exploiting the cover-aim system, to replicate the air-walk effect. There are a few videos detailing how to do it, obviously, it's no huge secret, but most players just haven't noticed/aren't looking, or simply don't care anymore.

The worst I've run into lately was the few glitchers Sanctuary Plunder, when they grab the treasure, and hide inside of the Hammer ledge, effectively ending the game, and forcing all the players to either ride out the full 20-minute Deathmatch, or exit the game in hopes of finding a better lobby.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:29 pm

I have just recently switched back to DLC maps for a brief time, and boy are the 2 from Drakes Fortune pack a blast to play!

I am still, however, having a hard time adjussting to the museum and highrise.....

I also noticed that when I restarted with my new account, I quickly got locked on the AK.
Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome weapon for close-mid range, and yes you can drop people from far away.
BUT, I really wanna get my FAL action back, the times where I've picked it up I have noticed a drastic change in my success with it.

So, I'm thinking about using the FAL almost exclusively, just so I can get comfortable using it even in closer range.

As far as glitching goes, I haven't came across them in a while, and as soon as I get matched up with or against one, I insta-quit.
No need to stay around for that sh*t in my opinion.

Justin, how much longer are you having access to your PS3?
We seriously need to get those guides done....or let me rephrase that - I need to get them done Laughing

Also, If anyone else feels like they can help me with map movement and points of interest, please feel free to let me know.
Any helping is most welcome.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:20 pm

I'm not sure how long I'll have my PS3 still. I'm holding onto it as long as I can though.

I'll be locking myself in my apartment for a few days, to get this place squared away, and to get away from the crazy for a bit, so I'll be on a bunch tonight, and tomorrow, if you're free anytime then.

I had a similar issue when I started again, too. I use the AK so much right now, and I think it's part of what's causing my perceived slump. I'm just out of my element, and I really need to get myself reigned in a bit, go back to the basics, and just play like I know I can. It's not all bad though, through this last bit, I've had to do a lot of work on my AK skills, and I'm a lot more comfortable now, with it, than I was before. I'm more well-rounded, I think, so it's not all bad, the scores are just tripping me up. I know I can do better, when I play like I want to, or when I can push a certain style, but I have learned how to read a map flow from a different perspective, and I can mix up my game a bit more, when the situation calls for it, now.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:38 pm

Amesoeur wrote:

The worst I've run into lately was the few glitchers Sanctuary Plunder, when they grab the treasure, and hide inside of the Hammer ledge, effectively ending the game, and forcing all the players to either ride out the full 20-minute Deathmatch, or exit the game in hopes of finding a better lobby.

This seems pointless...... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:49 pm

Yeah, it's pretty pointless. It's more annoying than anything.

I've run into a few times. One waited until we had one capture, and then hid inside of the ledge the rest of the game, with the treasure. The rest just went right for it, and hid the treasure inside the ledge.
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Glitching is so sad. It really makes me wonder why people play the game, I know that it isn't fun and no one like playing with or against a glitcher so I really wonder what their thought process is.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:30 pm

Charlitos and I are tearin' it up right now. If you're awesome, you'll hop on and join us.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:42 pm

I phail at teh awesome. Making dinner and then volleyball. Might get on for a short bit before bed though.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 3:03 am

Amesoeur wrote:
Charlitos and I are tearin' it up right now. If you're awesome, you'll hop on and join us.

I am awesome...awesomely tired, around that time that is.

Good to hear though that you guys are having a blast, I haven't played with Charlitos in quite a while now, the same goes for the rest of you aswell, really.

I'll be on every now and then today, but since I have to get up early in the morning for work, I doubt I'll be on this night.

Which means....you guys will have to get on very soon cheers
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:53 pm

Today was kind of hit or miss. Had a few really good games, managed to snag three Furies today, but I had a few that were really sketchy before I met up with everybody.

I feel like I'm starting to pull out of my slump a bit though. Still feel like I'm dying a bit too much, but I just have to accept that sometimes it comes with the territory of being in a playstyle that I'm not entirely comfortable with, compared to camping, and FALing it up.
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 3:16 am

Glad to hear that you're improving a bit Justin, don't want to sound condescending but good for you.

More good news cheers , I'm playing better that I ever have before and I'm consistently getting the fewest deaths on the team so horray for me. Got another rage today for a grand total of 2 (it's sad I know).
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 3:31 am

Thats the spirit, Silver!

Exactly what I am working on aswell, minimizing my deaths as much as I can.
That goes without camping of course, it'd be pointless if I did.

The thing is, when playing that run'n'gun thing, you most likely will have a mentality that is more kill oriented.
You'll search for people, constantly on the run. It might not always be a bad move, but you have to be really good to pull it off and have little to no deaths at all at while getting the kills. The inevitable deaths from spawn behinds or RPG/shotty kills does happen sooner or later with that playstyle.

So, while I'm still moving, I am alot more cautios. By focusing on avoiding deaths at all costs I am learning to be more aware of my surroundings.

Avoiding deaths comes first, killing second. This is helping ME tremendously as I get my 10-12 kills but 0-3 deaths instead of going 15-9.

I am hoping that if I keep this tactic/mindset going I might be able to get those 23-0 games I see the "experts" pulling off Wink

Back to top Go down
zccmicky2
First Nation
First Nation
zccmicky2

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Faling it up is a cool style. As long as u don't camp, that just makes the game boring.   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:22 am

Amesoeur wrote:
Today was kind of hit or miss. Had a few really good games, managed to snag three Furies today, but I had a few that were really sketchy before I met up with everybody.

I feel like I'm starting to pull out of my slump a bit though. Still feel like I'm dying a bit too much, but I just have to accept that sometimes it comes with the territory of being in a Sleep playstyle that I'm not entirely comfortable with, compared to camping, and FALing it up.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:02 am

He does camp, but he's trying to work on other skills also. And he's good at it, so...why not? Sorry I had to leave unexpectidly last night, but there was nothing I could do. I did pretty well last night, two furies, some BBQs, and many games with 2.0 KDR.

Micky, post what you want not in the post title, but the message body.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:25 pm

I wouldn't really go that far as to say Ame's camping....

Really, his style (which I basically copied) is more focused on holding zones of the map.
We're not sitting behind a rock, not just hanging from a ledge etc.

Even though I utilize my enviroment in terms of cover, I am still on the move and "out there".
So instead of camping, its more a question of positioning yourself wisely.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:02 pm

I don't understand what it is that you're getting at, zccmicky.

I'll be the first to admit that I camp. I'll stay in one spot of the map for an entire game. There are a ton of games on Plaza, Village, Temple, Fort, or anywhere else, that I'll get myself set-up, and comfortable, and I won't leave for a large part of the game. It works for me, and it's comfortable. It's how I've played since my 30's on Endlo, so I've got about 70, almost 80 some levels worth of practice doing that, now.

That's why I've been working on my AK skills, and trying to emulate you guys a little bit more, in your mobility, and how you guys can prowl around a map hunting. It's a lot different than what I do, or how I originally viewed my style, conceptually. The FAL is a gun of angles. Corners, height, the slightest visible section is a target. The AK isn't quite as precise, which is something I struggle with, and it's angles are much different. I still don't have a very full grasp on how to fully take advantage of it, in that context. I get by, but it's definitely not my strong suite. I'm actually going to try something a little bit different today, I think, and see how that works. I know my FAL, and I used to prowl with it, so I'm going to try that again, and something I am proud of improving a bit, was my weapon switching. I'm using the FS a lot more now, in situations where it's more appropriate, and it's a powerful tool in close-quarters situations. An attempt to bend that style to something I'm comfortable with, and good at, if you will.

I camp, but Reo hit it dead on, as to why I do so. I can hold down an entire lane of traffic on a map, and shut it down. I call out enemy positions all the time, if people spawn and get away, or if I see them headed somewhere, but can't get a shot at them. I know what's going on around me, and I know that I'm forcing their team into other parts of the map, for people with the more mobile styles to take advantage of.

Yeah, I'll get one guy, or two guys, that are dedicated to getting me out of my spot, but it's not easy. Especially after a few deaths, they'll go on tilt, and get more and more frustrated, and make more and more mistakes. That right there, is exactly what I've based my style on, since I've found how I wanted to play this game. If I camp, and I cornershoot, the burden is on the other player to remove me, since I'm in a minimal amount of danger. It's a very low-risk plsystyle. With them having the burden to remove me, they are the ones putting themselves at risk, and they have to take action. This leaves them being the ones open to making play mistakes, that I can take advantage of, and push my leverage of the situation even further.

I've talked about it before, but Vash and I did a lot of work, and testing, in trying to find the best spots that we could. The buddy-system for camping came out of how we played MAG. We used Marksmen rifles, which aren't unlike the FAL, they have a minor scope, a fast rate of fire, and rewarded your ability to headshot on the go. They weren't nearly as clunky as larger sniper rifles, but they could be played like them, with the advantage of being good on the move, when needed. We camped in that game, heavily, as well. By shutting down entire lanes of traffic, by killing opposing players repeatedly, you alter the flow of the game. You throw their team off, they can't use their preferred routes, they have to move in a way they're not used to, or in a way that your team can take advantage of.
- For example, when I camp the top of the Village with somebody, the opposing team tends to move down towards the center, and the low-side spawn. This leaves the other two or three people playing with us, to mop those players up, because we're limiting the space they have to move within, before we can get at them again. GAU, Sniper, FAL, whatever, it's a kill. By altering that game-flow, and limiting the space that their team can move safely within, we allow the rest of our team to take advantage of the new flow of the game, and mop up those kills. And, they return the favor by pushing people back up the map, into our sights.

The Fort was another good map that we camp. By using the buddy system there, you cover your blindspot, in the back, and you prevent people from spawning close to you. Two people camping up top can pretty much shut that part of the map down, and if we can't, we're calling out where they're trying to cornershoot at us from.That leaves them vulnerable to whoever wants to go and take the flank, and rack up the easy kill. If we get a few of us camping the top, most of the action heads downstairs, and into the hallways, and again, the rest of our team is able to take full advantage of that. The opposing team gets crossed up, and hit from multiple angles, and we're poised to take full advantage.

By having a person or two, who is effective at holding a spot, with a high amount of visibility in a high-movement area, you're able to manipulate the flow of the game, and the other players, into situations that are beneficial to you, and your team. You have a huge amount of control, over the tempo and the pacing of the game, and it shows. When we get set-up, we've dominated games, and we've pulled them back from the brink, often making up 10-15 point deficits in score, to take the lead, and the match. It's a powerful style to work with, and it's taken me a lot of practice, a lot of time, and a lot of outside conversation. I don't find it boring at all.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:06 pm

Grenade lab is going to be awesome! Here's the link for more details...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:34 pm

I'm pretty excited for this Lab. It's gonna be a ton of fun.

Looks like just an empty pistol, to help us aim-throw, so not even the discussed one-shot Hammer will be making it in. This is going to be absolute chaos.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:00 pm

Yeah. And since you have 99 grenades, you know how fast you can throw both of your two, right. Im going to through like 10 grenades in 5 seconds :grenade: Awesomeness cheers
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Loyalist
Loyalist
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:30 pm

Will definitely be gong show central. If I end up not being with a certain someone this weekend I'll be joining y'all in blowing stuff everywhere cheers
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Seventh Nation
Charlie

Nation Reputation : 30

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:52 pm

I'm taking a short break from my... break Thinking

I HAVE to play this grenade lab, it sounds like way too much fun Very Happy= :D Just please press "Forgive" when that certain screen comes up I love you
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:05 pm

And we will get a mortar strike or two on 'em, right? Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down

Uncharted2: Among Thieves

View previous topic View next topic Back to top