Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Uncharted2: Among Thieves

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

Nation Reputation : 36

Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:20 am

More Rampant goodness. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Had some really fun games tonight, got our Sniper and Pistole on, and did some Plunder, it was a nice break from the traditional Deathmatches all the time. Not that I mind, it's my favorite game-mode, but sometimes you need a change of scenery.

I'll be on a bunch tomorrow, after I get off work. I should be on somewhere between 6 and 7 tomorrow, until pretty late. I'll be MIA for some of Saturday, but will definitely be gaming it up later in the day.

Anybody interested in trying to get a full boat rolling for Plunder or Elimination this weekend? I don't like Elimination in the slightest, but I know a few of us need our trophies for it still, and I need it again, too. Plunder's actually fun, with a solid group now, so I wouldn't mind getting a good day of that in, plus, the money would be handy for leveling up some more.

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 4:19 am

Welp I went onto unchartered 2 to play online last night. 6 updates... Is it always so slow at connecting? I went had a smoke, made some tea, drank the tea went back and it wasn't even quarter way there.

Fun though, I can see myself getting into it a bit more. Will be on over the weekend a bit.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 6:15 am

Nah, Liam, thats only for the first time when you get all of the patches downloaded.
It'll be alot faster from now on Wink

Mind if I add you btw, always more fun with more 6th members Smile

Endlo, I might get on for a while tonight and I sure as hell wouldn't mind getting in on some plundering, if we get a party going we might as well take the oppurtunity and work on teamwork & communication.
Also, congrats on another rampsy.

Now, back to saving Zelda!
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 6:17 am

Don't mind at all, add away. I will be on Dead Rising 2 today, but tomorrow I'll be going onto U2 when I see people on it.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 7:19 am

GG's all. cheers

Ya, good to have you along, Liam.. Shame about your connection meaning you had to give up the leader spot, that was truly a case of in at the deep end of matchmaking with Raist as leader. Laughing

You held your own though... And when you'd finished that you played the game for a bit too. Razz See you on over the weekend, bud. cheers

Nice to get in some games with Cam last night... You need to look at your mic settings though, bro, it was really distorted and hard to make out what you said some of the time. scratch

I don't think we lost at the Temple all night, did we? Opposition were jumping out of game left, right and centre. Guns firing affraid
Back to top Go down
Turtle
Sixth Nation
Turtle

Nation Reputation : 15

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 7:23 am

Were there any games we lost last night?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:35 am

Lol Leo I actually prefer if someone else is game leader. Not bothered by dieing or not winning all the time against higher level gamers who have been playing way longer than me, But been a party leader is very uncomfortable and I dunno why. I'm more the spirit of the party... or drinking it. Also subtitles work good.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:31 am

Cool, then from this moment on I pronounce you clan-bitch in all Uncharted parties. cheers

Now go make us all a sammich! Twisted Evil

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:33 am

*grumbles and mumbles* I make you a sandwich alright, sandwich a la Harold and Kumar in Gitmo.
Back to top Go down
Charlitos
Seventh Nation
Charlitos

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:58 pm

Yeah! I'm happy to see that people are doing the excersise game cheers

Did poorly again last night, but also had some fun CC with Justin and Vash. I had one special sniper rifle and pistole game. 9-10 sniper blindfire kills and quickscopes. It was awesome Cool
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:03 pm

What do you mean by "excersise games"?
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 5:19 pm

Charlitos and UnicornCharlie turn their deaths in Uncharted, into an opportunity to get swole, and be all in-shape and what not. Jumping jacks, push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, bonus points for pull-downs, etc.

You did fine, Charlitos, that laggy 53 was the only one really giving us any problems last night. Happens, and even then, he was only an issue in one game, as far as I recall. If nothing else, that Sniper/Pistole on Train Wreck was great, so many quickscopes. Those were actually some pretty chill KSA guys, even with the language barrier.

I'll send you a Friend Request Liam, hope to see you on sometime this weekend. I don't think I've manged to play anything with you yet, and I don't think I ever ran into you, in Borderlands, before I got rid of it. Looking forward to rolling the full Axis boat, hopefully, and with any luck, we can get some Plunders and maybe Elims going.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:56 pm

I think the next time I roll with you guys I'd prefer a small party. That way I could probably get a decent amount of kills instead of less than 10 lol. It doesn't seem kinda fair to roll in a full party because I hardly contribute, and I feel bad bringing up the rear all the time.
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 11:41 pm

Bringing up the "rear" isn't necessarily a bad thing. As long as your K/D is positive, you are an asset to the team, and you have almost never gone negative street so I don't see what your point is.

Sorry you killed yourself with the hammer on the lost city because of me endlo, I know it's not a big deal but I take full responsibility for it and I'll try to keep it from happening again.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 1:47 am

It's both of our faults. I guess it was karmic payback for that grenade I tagged you with on the Fort. Axis. We cornershoot, and we suck with explosions.

Good games tonight, everybody. Took us a few to warm up, but after we did, it seemed to roll pretty well. Even had some solid games on Lost City, which is becoming a rarity, for me. I used to love that map, but the spawns have made it completely awful. It's by far one of the worst maps in the game, in terms of spawns now.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 3:22 am

Weeell, Im not going online after having a few drinks again Laughing

Not only was I running my mouth in the most immature of ways, but I couldn't even find the correct words, it was like all of my english had vanished and I just made stuff up. Poor Leo, trying to understand what the heck I was talking about Embarassed

Nope, from now I'll stick to Link To The Past if I'm feelig a bit too tipsy.
Link is the only one who truly understands me and my drinking problem Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 4:31 am

s1lv3r4554551n wrote:
Bringing up the "rear" isn't necessarily a bad thing. As long as your K/D is positive, you are an asset to the team
No I can't agree with that. I see every player as an asset to a team regardless of K/D. Cool
A positive or a negative K/D really shouldn't determine whether a player is an asset. Each player can have different roles in a game, all bringing different skills and benefits to all the team.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:19 am

Porky wrote:
s1lv3r4554551n wrote:
Bringing up the "rear" isn't necessarily a bad thing. As long as your K/D is positive, you are an asset to the team
No I can't agree with that. I see every player as an asset to a team regardless of K/D. Cool
A positive or a negative K/D really shouldn't determine whether a player is an asset. Each player can have different roles in a game, all bringing different skills and benefits to all the team.

well sed porky could not have put it better
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:03 am

Just a heads up, guys.

I've thrown out some friend requests to my new main account.
I'm not sure if DontMessWithRaja is banned or hacked or whatever, but I can't sign in on it and it won't let me change the password.
I don't really care anyway since I just made that account for fun and don't really like that PSN name.

However, I don't wanna be the party leader, bothering with K/D isn't my style and I'd prefer to play higher level guys instead Smile

Street, your list was full so I couldn't send one out, you can delete my other one so I can try to add you again.
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:27 am

Woohoo! Third account buddies! Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 28124

Not sure how much I'll be on tonight, I'm tossing around the idea of picking up MW2, and giving that a shot, this weekend. If it goes poorly, I guess I'll flop back over to UC2, until I'm ready to give it another go. Should be interesting.

Still kind of want to get a group rolling for Plunder, we almost had it going last night, but Aqua was having connection problems, and we ended up staying in DM. If anybody gets a group rolling, and I"m not on UC2, let me know, and I'll head over, and try to join you guys.
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:03 am

Porky wrote:
s1lv3r4554551n wrote:

This isn't a fraction as strategic as MAG my friend, while certain people may be filling a role as sniper in the game (and subsequently getting fewer kills) and pinning down enemies it's not anywhere near as effective as holding down *blank* in mag. Please try to play the game before commenting. Smile
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:16 am

I'm not talking about MAG, I talking about ALL team based games. Yes I've played MAG and yes I've played Uncharted 2. You don't have to have played a game to know that your team mates are an asset.
Back to top Go down
Canon44
Second Nation

Nation Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:25 am

A positive K/D on MAG...is important? That's a good one, only the entire game is based on objective control. Where would you be without the guys getting in the thick of it? I've gone 20-30 many times, had teammates do the same, and that reckless abandon won quite a few games. Pull your weight, play as team, win the game.

That K/D means jack squat if you lose, you want to go out for yourself, go play a free for all.
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Porky wrote:
I'm not talking about MAG, I talking about ALL team based games. Yes I've played MAG and yes I've played Uncharted 2. You don't have to have played a game to know that your team mates are an asset.

You don't sound like you've played Uncharted 2 very recently to be honest. A person that goes negative in a kill based objective game is a liability, regardless of the game, as cold as that sounds. I completely understand your point of view but Street has only played Team Deathmatch and 95 percent of the time the rest of us play it too so I'm almost certain that's what he was talking about (plus this is in the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves thread), thus the comment. Wink
Back to top Go down
Endlo-
Sixth Nation
Endlo-

PostSubject: Re: Uncharted2: Among Thieves   Uncharted2: Among Thieves - Page 38 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:03 pm

This almost sounds like a discussion I had with Street, last night, on AIM. I don't give a flying Bullet Bill F BOMB what your score is, at the end of the game. I've had my share of amazing runs, and my share of awful runs, but I've had my team stand by me, and we've pulled out victories, and it was wonderful. Hell, we won the Ice Cave game where I went 0-13, and that was as an "elite" level 60.

There are so many factors that weigh into success, far above and beyond K/D, and it's not necessarily fair to judge based solely on it. Yes, in the context of a Deathmatch, a good KD is an indicator of success, potentially, or the ability to carry your own weight, but it's not quite that simple, either. If a player is a little less "beast", but functions well within the context of a team, I'd much rather have them, most of the time. There have been a few good examples, throughout my UC2 career, of choosing my friends, as well as team players, over playing with crews who are just there to do their own thing, and try to beast it out, all independent of one another.

You also have to look at why you're playing the game, and why they're playing the game. I won't lie, I'm a competitive person. I like to do well, I like to win, and I like to see big numbers in my kill column, and much smaller numbers in the deaths. At the same time, I know we have a lot of the spectrum covered, both here in the Nation, and within Axis, so sometimes I have to pull myself back a little bit, and just play to be with my friends. Those private co-ops with Reo and Prizma, or Charlitos' Sniper/Pistole games were some of the most fun I've had on UC2, in a while, and it was just to chill out, and hang with my friends. Doing well and winning were secondary goals, and I honestly didn't care if they happened or not.

I see the merit in playing in the super-crews, and focusing so much on your KD, and your W/L ratio, because I'm a like-minded person. I want to do well, and I want to compete and emerge with the W next to my name, and be a strong and contributing player. At the same time, having been there, first-hand, and having been through that scene, if that's all your playing for, it's very easy to get caught up in the silly drama, and the ego. I've lost so many friends that I used to enjoy playing with, because of petty arguments, and clashes, and it's just not worth it. Anymore, I can boot up my PS3, find two or three people on, and we just chill. We do well enough for ourselves, we have a good time, and honestly, when I stop caring, and troll with Turtle/Fleet or Break Up/Scavenger, I'm doing just as well, because I'm enjoying myself, and still playing well.

As far as the other games, I can't speak for much. I played MAG excessively for about a month, before the lack of teamwork, and the general lack of depth burnt me out. Even as an Assault Medic, I had a fine KD. It was 2+, but I also know that's not why I played, and why people would keep commenting on having me around as the Squad/Platoon medic. I knew my role, and that was to keep people picked up, keep tabs on the respawn ticker in case I couldn't reach them, so they could respawn optimally, and to make sure my guys were healthy. Plenty of people I've played with can vouch that I've charged into hell and back to get my guys back up, and I loved playing within that role. It was about fulfilling my role on the field, and trying to make as large a difference as I could, and work with my team, to push those objectives.
- If people played MAG solely for KD, there would be a massive amount of sniping going on. I don't deny that snipers have their role, within MAG, and I often pined for a few that would be able to succeed in that, but most of the time, a sniper is going to be a waste of space, on your squad. It's not about KD in MAG, it's much more about acting as a team, within your squad/platoon, and making sure that you get the job done. I may fall 15 times, on an assault, but if I can get picked up, and keep as many guys going, and healed as I can, while I'm up, and lay down cover/suppressing fire, then we're going to win. That's fine with me.

I've even had my moment as a sniper, when Vash and I were making the rounds, picking up our Vet trophies for each faction. Our job wasn't to get kills, it was to keep people pinned down, or to send the signal that route X, was a terrible option. We were able to manipulate the flow of the opposing traffic, into spots that were far more advantageous for our guys to defend, and that's the point.

Porky has a good point, in that everyone has something different to contribute. For some guys, it's just the sheer hilarity of having them around, and having a good time. Shayan was never, and will never be a super-beast player, but I would jump at the chance to play with him around again, just because he's such a good friend. Likewise, I've had people that I would never play with again, because of the opposite. Yeah, they were great players, but complete tools. I can count on our guys, even if we're having an off day, to put their best forward, and to play as a team, and to have a good time with it. That's what I'm looking for, when I party up.

Like I told Street last night, it's as simple as friendship. Yeah, he's done amazing, so far in UC2, but even if he didn't, he would still get plenty of invites, and party time, because he's my friend, and I enjoy gaming with him.
Back to top Go down

Uncharted2: Among Thieves

View previous topic View next topic Back to top