Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

COD: Black Ops Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 12:02 am

band-aid wrote:
booo you beat me to this, flight. i found it last night, but was too lazy to post Razz

Mwahaha Twisted Evil and I reap the rewards Excited

omega9 wrote:
+1 for Flight. Excellent find.

SpongeBobNoPants wrote:
Awesome find Flight!!!
Nerd
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:11 am

lol
my rep's still higher, dont get too cocky Wink
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 2:41 am

RE: Aimbots. It could be they have put one of these on their TV screen:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Or, if they don't believe those are awesome value for money, a small spot of blu-tac in the dead centre of the screen is also handy -- wait unti your target's head is obscured by the blu-tac and then fire.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 3:19 am

Ok so i went to have a look at how many peeps i had killed
in the combat record and all it tells me is how many games i have won
and monyz i have .
and go to next screen across and all it has is some sort of graph with
up & down K.D from games not over all ??

so then i went to leader boards i have only played TDMs so went to that
and after playing for 2 -3 days only a few hours and and at level 14-15 i think
i have about 4500 kills and 3500 deaths with a K.D .82.
don't care about the K.D but there is no way in hell that i have killed 4500 in only
a few hours wth

in Mw2 i only got to about 5000 kills at my first prestige
so not sure what to think any thoughts
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 3:50 am

band-aid wrote:
lol

Lol I see what you did there.
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 4:33 am

wadey wrote:
Ok so i went to have a look at how many peeps i had killed
in the combat record and all it tells me is how many games i have won
and monyz i have .
and go to next screen across and all it has is some sort of graph with
up & down K.D from games not over all ??

so then i went to leader boards i have only played TDMs so went to that
and after playing for 2 -3 days only a few hours and and at level 14-15 i think
i have about 4500 kills and 3500 deaths with a K.D .82.
don't care about the K.D but there is no way in hell that i have killed 4500 in only
a few hours wth

in Mw2 i only got to about 5000 kills at my first prestige
so not sure what to think any thoughts

The in game leader boards seem to be screwing up the amount of kills, deaths, flag captures, pretty much all the statistics for some reason. I think that supposedly I have over 100,000 kills, whereas in reality I have about 2000. Not sure why but is.

If you want to see your overall kd go into your player card then go to the combat record then across a page by pressing right (I think, not at my PS3 will check later if you're still unsure), then you should come across a screen which has your total kills deaths etc and on there you should see kd.

Liamcifer wrote:
band-aid wrote:
lol

Lol I see what you did there.

facepalm2 Razz

The only problem which I am having with this game is the whole Call Of Duty host system. Living in New Zealand sucks, I can only play with about 3 people on my friends list with a connection of more than a single red bar. Although I don't find one red bar nearly as bad as it was in COD4 it still doesn't help. It's just annoying most of the time.

So when you see a player on one red bar and find them annoying for lagging a bit, as I have had numerous times already, for them it is so much worse... the WHOLE friggin game is lagging. Which makes it much harder to play. So try not to take your hate out on this poor slow-internetted soul as the lagg does enough damage as it is.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 4:37 am

Agreed. I love to hang with my clanmates, but that often means joining a host that's overseas, resulting in one little bar. Makes it tough to play at all. Two bars is nearly as bad, but at least the game still runs smoothly. On one bar, it always jerks a bunch, or hits you with the Truffle Shuffle.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 4:53 am

Thanks Flight glad its not just me getting extra kills that i do not deserve
i like to earn my kills not get them handed to me for free .

and i live in Australia mate shoot me an invite any time if you want to play with someone
more local Smile

i think i may have a problem with my internet i always only have 1 red bar even if i
still play with all Aussies and no one overseas peeps not sure how to fix it yet
Back to top Go down
omega9
Ninth Nation
omega9

Nation Reputation : 29

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 am

I hate truffle shuffling.
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

Nation Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:28 am

I've almost given up on this game because of the lag & D/C issues. I'm not accepting party invites as all it does is let me join, then kick me off PSN so I have to close the game and start again. Just not fun. Last night I played for maybe two hours and completed about 4 games. The rest lagged out.

I was going for one contract of finishing a complete game with a +ve kd. I ran out of time on it as I never completed a full game in the 45mins allocated!

Grrrrr, just grrrrrr! Angry :angry:
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:35 am

Shocked
Ouch, bud. That sucks. I don't understand why it's giving you so much trouble. I've had fewer host migrations than I did in MW2, and only had games crash twice.
scratch
I hope they clear this up soon. I hear they're working on it.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:43 am

It really seems to be a wordwide server issue. When I hook up with you monks, or even groovy, or other guys close to me, its fine.
The second I try to play outside that, the problems start.

lol at irony. I was just about to say Killy I see ya on when im doing morning sessions. I was gonna say we should meet up if your playing solo or in a small squad. Usually Im alone so early in the day here. So if you ever feel like trying, dont be afraid to send me an inv.
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:16 am

Will do Sixer, but if you hear a loud crash and falling glass shortly after I join you - it will be the sound of my PS3 going through the window.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:54 am

Killy, see if your setting are set up to "all" instead of "local" or "local only". I had a lot of problems before changing it to "local" and after 8 pm UK it is laggy and full of problems for me. I live in Manchester, so not too far from where I think you are. Best games I had where during the day before 4 pm, after that I can see an increase per hour in laggy games and disconection issues. It might be just the North West [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] lol
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:57 am

Peak times...
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:58 am

Let's hope they're working on it because there's going to be a lot of angry 8-year olds come Christmas day if they don't fix it. Oh, and me too. I will be cross as well because this is what Santa is going to be bringing me.
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:21 am

Seyel wrote:
I live in Manchester, so not too far from where I think you are.

Yup, I'm often in Manchester playing hockey on a Saturday, your only about 30 mins from me.

I guess you are right about setting connection to 'local only' but that sort of defeats the purpose of playing. Yes I could play, but not with those I want to play with. Shrug
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:29 am

You wanna play with the upstart colonists but not us hostile natives that are next door to ya? Pffft.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm

It's ok, Liam. We love you really. In fact, that nice Mr Osborne says he's ready to loan you six billion quid. Apparently, every man, woman, and child in Eire spends about £3,500 each per year on British goods, so Osborne is a tad worried about your economy going down the Greek toilet. When you get your share, could you throw a Black Ops map pack this way? Ta.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 83

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:06 pm

Kilmory wrote:

I guess you are right about setting connection to 'local only' but that sort of defeats the purpose of playing. Yes I could play, but not with those I want to play with. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think that setting only affect the random games, like when you search for a game and then it matches you up with people from the same region (EU in your case). When accepting invites and going into parties it should not have any effect. I played a couple of days ago with Six without any trouble, I yesterday played with too much trouble but I think it was because I also kept inviting to the party a friend I usually have problems connecting to Sad
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 2:08 pm

Liamcifer wrote:
You wanna play with the upstart colonists but not us hostile natives that are next door to ya? Pffft.

I spent a good period of my life trying to avoid getting shot by Irishmen, I guess I could relax a bit now lol
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 3:21 pm

Liamcifer wrote:
Peak times...

And thats really it. Theres an over lap where just about everyone who play across the whole globe is on all at the same time. Early in the day for me 9-11 am, its not bad. Even though I am playing with and against those across the pond. Because all the kiddies are in school here. So there isnt any excess NA baggage on the servers. Once they get out here, 2-4 pm, its still only ten o clock over seas. Its in the peak hours its the worse.

eattheword wrote:
Let's hope they're working on it because there's going to be a lot of angry 8-year olds come Christmas day if they don't fix it. Oh, and me too. I will be cross as well because this is what Santa is going to be bringing me.
Isn't Santa awesome.
The Easter Bunny could be just as awesome if he concentrated less on hiding painted eggs and more on handing out video games.
Don't get me started on that cheap ass tooth fairy.
$1.00 for a molar Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 5:17 pm

Once again, reddit provides something good.
A guy posted up four short vids detailing some tricky jumps in this game. A couple I've seen. Others are really tricky.
They all look really useful though, so put them to work, or at least make sure to be aware that other people can. Very Happy= :D

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 7:14 pm

Wheres the jump onto the ski lift?

One of these days Ill get in there.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 4:32 am

I just started up Black Ops and it's got a patch going. I'll see if I can find out what it does.

11/16
* · Prevention of killstreak selection getting disabled in Combat Training under rare conditions
* · Array: Added collision to prevent players from partially clipping into a tree
* · Launch: Added collision to prevent players from strafe jumping onto an invisible ledge at the base of the rocket near B3
* · Summit: Added collision to prevent players from jumping to a location outside of the map boundary when in Custom Games where player speed is maxed out
* · Havana: Added collision to prevent players from jumping onto an invisible ledge above a doorway at C2
* · Nuketown: Adjusted a spawn point that would spawn players on top of a mannequin’s head when that mannequin was randomly spawned in that location

And this is what they say they're working on.
IN PROGRESS

* · Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
* · Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
* · Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
* · Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart
* · Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
* · Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
* · Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
* · Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
* · Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions
* · Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions
* · Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
* · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
* · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
* · Additional online security enhancements
* · Prevention of a rare issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances
* · Optimization to prevent friends list from spamming user while in game – will improve game performance for users with large numbers of friends
Back to top Go down

COD: Black Ops Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top