Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:14 pm

I'll have my full review up sometime this week.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:28 am

Yeah well I'll still get it anyway so there is nothing you can do about, Neeeeeeeeeeehhahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:31 am

Lol. Well, as a sneak preview I'll tell you that I likely won't advise against it.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:38 am

Ah reverse psycology eh!?

Seriously though it'll be nice to see a review thats not all b!t_h b!t_h whine. I been reading some really badly written reviews the last few days that are mostly misinformed and comparisions to something the writer knows nothing about.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:59 am

Well, then stay out of my review thread! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 5:04 am

Lol definatly not yours.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 4:43 am

Quick question, started the game last night and noticed in the "Select your Squad" when your going about doing stuff, some of the empty slots are nice and bright, some are greyed out. Is there a reason for that?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 6:15 am

It's letting you know that some of those can be recruited right now, I think. Beyond that I don't think it has any significance.
Question, did you get a code for the DLC with your copy? Make sure and get that downloaded if you did.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 6:19 am

Oh I did. Took the better part of the night to get it downloaded I just left the PS3 running with auto shut down when it was done. It was averaging 10% an hour.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 6:26 am

Good then. Whenever you get bored, go start the Operation Firewalker missions. Spice it right up. Smile
Oh, and like I mentioned in my review, don't feel the need to mine every planet in the game. I ended up only using about a fifth of what I mined.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 6:31 am

Eh Pack Rat remember? If I know there is something to find I'll go find it.
Doubt I'll get bored just yet though, just pretty much got to Omega Station or whatever, first recommended area to go to.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 6:40 am

You will want to scan every planet because some of them do have missions on them. But the mining 'game' will grate on the nerves soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 7:32 am

I'll be playing it tonight for a bit, probably go get drunk then go onto Dead Space 2 for the weekend and back to this for the weekday game.

Lately I've been playing in lots of 2-3 hours on the weekdays at the most so spreading it out shouldn't do much grating on me.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 5:00 pm

CobaltMonkey wrote:
You will want to scan every planet because some of them do have missions on them. But the mining 'game' will grate on the nerves soon enough.

there was a post on gamefaqs listing the location of every planet that had a mission, as well as the planets with lots of resources on them. That was for 360 though. Not sure if its the same or not
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:55 am

I think it would be.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 1:23 pm

me too
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 1:48 pm

Source.
Quote :
The PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 has been patched, and in the process, has revealed details on an upcoming DLC pack called "Arrival." Featuring three new Trophies, the BioWare forums have been abuzz with theories on what the expansion will entail.

One of the Trophies, "Covert Action," refers to a Dr. Amanda Kenson, who was previously mentioned in a recent Cerberus Network update:

Historians and astronomers alike are abuzz tonight over a new paper published by Dr. Amanda Kenson of the University of Arcturus ... "Only a small fraction of the mass effect relays date back 50,000 years," she writes, "The majority are far older, indicating they were created by a species predating even the Protheans." ... What civilization could have spanned the galaxy for not thousands, but millions of years? If this were the case, we should have found mountains of evidence of their passing. Where is this species now?"

Some believe that "Arrival" can refer to the arrival of the Reapers, setting up events for the upcoming Mass Effect 3. Others, however, are more fixated on figuring out how to acquire one of the more ominous Trophies for the DLC: "The Ultimate Sacrifice." Wasn't dying once sacrifice enough?
So, more dlc on the horizon.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:32 am

Sooo I had a "Matrix" moment on this last night. Doing the Overlord DLC that comes with the game, suddenly everything looked like code/or whatever it is they put down on the maps before they put the textures and details on with the outline of the terrain. Couldn't save until a certain time so I was going around like either Neo from the matrix, or Daredevil. One of them.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:54 am

Lol. Yeah, that was a neat section.
I think one of my favorite parts of the game is running around with the Firewalker (or whatever that hovership is called). Not that its that amazing, it's just a change of pace from Shoot>Hide>Shoot>Hide>Repeat Endlessly.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:17 am

"The Hammerhead" or M-44
Firewalker sounds way cooler though. I'm just wondering How the passengers managed to be able to still walk when they got out, or didn't puke their guts all over the place.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 3:21 pm

Apparently Dragon Age 2 comes with a code for Mass Effect 2 DLC called The Arrival.
Source.
Pretty win-win right there.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 4:51 am

Huh nice, Looking forward to Friday.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 8:18 am

Changing the title as Mass Effect 3 is out soon, like first week of March soon. *GLEEEEE*
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 11:30 pm

So any of you guys play the me3 mp demo? It is so fricking good. So much fun. It actually made me decide to buy this day 1 because of the mp. Originally I was just gonna buy it eventually. But now I want it asap. It takes everything that is fun about mass effects combat and ramps it up like crazy, and is super challenging.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.   Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:13 am

It'll be day one buy for me. Hopefully the SP isn't gonna be shortened because of the MP taking some focus.
Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 3 for PS3 Formerly Mass Effect 2.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top