Sixth Nation Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sixth Nation Gaming

Home Base of the Sixth Nation Community

Share | 

COD: Black Ops Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 12:31 pm

I use the C375 as my pistol with the full auto attachment. Point, squeeze and hold.
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

Nation Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 1:30 pm

And watch the reticule disappear off the top of you telly...

scratch
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 1:31 pm

I don't mean to be rude, but I just think it's a bit counter effective when you're all telling me to make a class that's about staying hidden and sneaking up on people, yet you're telling me not to use a perk that quiets your footsteps and helps you sneak around the map more effectively.

I dunno what you mean by AP there Kilmory, but I can see how a launcher like that can help certain situations.
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 1:40 pm

AP = anti personel (or anti people as we used to say lol)

I can understand your confusion Streety mate, but by not running around you will be quiet. Taking you time is a lot more effective than running around with Ninja and giving away free claymore kills.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Loyalist
Loyalist
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 2:17 pm

I used ninja on all my MW2 classes but have never felt tempted to use it on Black Ops because overall the game is much slower moving. I find I only now run in bursts and am much more circumspect in my movements. At the moment I'm using Hacker on all my classes in slot 3.
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 2:28 pm

I have 1 more back stab to get for pro and then I won't be using it again.

Same as Eaty, I'd rather take my time and use the perk slot for something else
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 180

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 2:35 pm

The truth is Streety you have to use what feels most comfortable for you and fits your play style, and thats just an extension of what Killy is touching on.
And more importantly, use what ever you build consistently enough that you get used to all the little differences you don't really expect to be there, and also how the perks might fit together with gun attachments etc.

If you are the type who likes to run an gun it with out even a little pause in the movements.....than I can see why you'd want to keep your foot steps more quiet. As Kill points out, with ghost and a silencer....you can just slowly walk the map with out ever really giving away where you are by sound, and as far as radar is concerned off the map.

But consistency I think is key. If you swap around too much you wont be able to find comfort in anything, and that can be very frustrating.

I remember when R2 first came out I struggled to find something I wanted to call...My gun of choice. The carbine felt funny compared to FoM and I swapped endlessly through the weapons match after match doing terribly because I was trying to learn all the weapons at once and their difference made that tough. Round after round. Gun after gun. The first couple months were just hell.

And then I said screw it. I decided to focus on the carb and work it exclusively until I knew the weapon so inside and out it was second nature. THEN I started working on the next weapon. And the next.
You have to know it, and feel comfy with it. So pick what is comfy, or could be comfy if you give it the time.....and work it.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 4:20 pm

i wasnt telling you what class to use street. i was just telling everyone what im rolling with ATM. one thing i will say about ninja is that you dont get quite as much benefit out of it in this game as you did in mw2. perks like hacker save you many a life when you try to sneak around because you see the clamores people throw down. The benefits of hacker severly outweigh those of ninja. in this game claymores are more potent than mw2. they go off more readily and it seems like they have a 180* sensor range rather than the 90* or so that the lasers show. id rather know where they are than be silent. There is a lot more ambient noise in this game and its hard to hear people around you unless youve got your speakers way up and/or theyre walking on a loud surface like metal or plywood.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 4:49 pm

I know what I like using in Combat Training, and then I posted that class up here, and not naming names there were quite a few people that asked "but why ___ ? you should use ___" and so on and so forth. I do quite like the setups I've mentioned before with my Scavenger and Wardlord seup, but apparently I'm doing something wrong there.

I know that you weren't telling me to do anything specific there Banded, I'm not upset with anyone in particular here. I know you're all trying to help me out, and I'm really appreciative of that. It just seems like what you're all talking about just contradicts the overall goal of the class.

I have a few games that I did pretty badly in that I posted up in my file share. If you guys could look at those and get back to me, that would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:45 pm

Street:  I like the modified class you've put up.  It's fine, but I also mentioned that you should have an identical class set-up with Ninja, to battle those sound whores.  What you are saying is true about the possibilty of being heard.  There have been SO many times where I get an easy kill on a Ghost in both FFA & team modes because they don't have Ninja.  I always think to myself, "Wow.  What a waste of a perk when I can hear you so well..."  So, if I can slightly contradict what lots of other people are saying, Ninja can be very useful.  However, you are losing half of it's benefits if you aren't using headphones & it is an unnecessary perk if the opposition isn't using them.  Either way, I can't stress how important headphones are for online FPS's.        

Now, let's look at your class a little more.  TBH, I'd probably make 3 identical classes with 3rd perk swapped, if I were you.  Those swaps being Hacker, Ninja & Marathon.  If you feel like giving running around a go, choose the Mara.  If people are reacting to your footsteps (pre-firing you as you round a corner is a perfect example of knowing when people have headphones) OR they are all using loud 3rd perks, switch it up to Ninja.  If you are dying to Claymores much more than usual, switch it up to Hacker. 

There are certain places that people will almost ALWAYS place Claymores.  You can stun those with your concussion nades before proceeding, as a precautionary measure.  

Makarov is a great pistol, as well as the M1911.  For some reason, however, the Python is kind of magical in this game.  You can basically snipe with the thing in BLOPS & it's a 2HK (2 hit kill).  If you can get used to it, it may prove a beneficial sidearm.  I personally dual-wield with them cuz I use them in CQB, not as a distance last resort.  However, if you need it for distance, a single Python is much better suited for the job.

I hope this helps.  (^_-)b  
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
17th Nation
17th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 10:21 pm

It does help Red, although right now to me it makes some sense. I did put up some new and recent games to my fileshare, so if you could check those for me Red that would be great.

I have a separate Marathon class, with Lightweight and an MP5k. I use that for running around the map if I really want to.

I haven't had much time with the Python (I don't even think I've bought it yet to be honest) but I do know that I have it unlocked in Combat Training so I'll give it a whirl there.

In those games I mentioned before, I was using that class that I mentioned and still had managed people sneaking up on me from behind. Not to mention I did find myself in a few one on one firefight type situations, but still didn't manage to come out on top. To me winning those has nothing to do with my perk setups and guns cuz I've basically lost those to all kinds of setups with different guns and perks. It seems to be all about skill, which I don't have. And without the skills of a good shooter, then quite frankly no matter what loadout I use won't succeed because it will be used incorrectly, rendering it very ineffective.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 4:30 am

Then look into another way of playing. You constantly seem to be repeating the same mistakes, Racer, and growing more and more frustrated that it still isn't working for you. If you know you have connection issues then find a class that will help and stick with it, if you find you can't win 1v1 situations because of lack of skill then do everything to avoid 1v1 situations, if you keep getting killed from behind then use Motion sensors when you enter an area, or Claymores as early warning and give yourself the advantage... (The game even has a camera you can set up to literally 'watch your back' and avoid getting killed) ...In this game you can set them, patrol the immediate area and then pick them back up before moving on. Think about how you move across the map and cover the routes that you would use to sneak up and flank the enemy, use the equipment to your strengths and it will help you a lot more than just dropping it and running on, the gameplay is a lot deeper than that if you approach it from a different direction. With a shift in your playstyle and some perseverance you'll start to know where people will be on a map at any given point in the game, that's how you get your advantage and start to regularly come out on top. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 5:46 am

StreetxRacer13 wrote:
Unfortunately guys, I find this more detrimental than actually helpful. I really do appreciate the help, but it more so seems like you guys are telling me what not to use instead of what to actually use.

Okay, so how about I tell you what I use and why...

FAMAS + Suppressor + Dual mag
FAMAS is unlocked early and is beastly, I only swap it out when I get the Commando. I think a lot of people prefer the Gali but use whichever you prefer. The other option of course is the AK74u. A lot of people hate it because they think it is over-powered, to you and me that should be a clue to start using it. What ever, I would use the Suppressor to keep you low profile and the dual mag to give you extra ammo and a fast reload every other time. So one attacment gives you the equivilant of Scavenger and Slight of Hand thus freeing up those perk slots.

LAW/Strella (LAW can be used AA or AP and is immediately available. Strella gives you two shots so can take out a chopper on its own, but cannot be used AP). You will not run out of bullets for your primary because dual mag gave you extra. Shoot everything out of the sky. It's good for your team and good for you eventually as once you get pro you are invisible to most kill streaks.

Ghost - Sneaky sneaky. Pro means you can run around outside with an enemy helicopter up and not worry. My favorite moments in this game are taking a chopper gunner out of the air before it get a kill. How cheesed off must that guy be? LMFAO

Warlord - So you can have two attachments silly! Also means you are getting your attachment challenges done two at a time so getting extra XP. Once you Pro it you also get extra boom bitches.

Hacker - I hate Claymores so this is a given for me. As well as not giving away free kills, what it really helps with is flushing out campers. Most campers cover their backs with a claymore, so if you see one blocking the entrance to a room you can be fairly sure what is waiting for you inside.

Semtex - I prefer it as I know where it is going to land and stay. I also love the sound of it when you stick an enemy. I've got a couple of funny kills where you stick one guy and he then runs to his mate and takes them both out. Standard grenades are better for banking off walls into rooms, and you can cook them, but I find them unpredictable.

Flash bang - No real preference here between FB or concussion, I just hate being blinded so I think that's what I want to do to others. I would easily be convinced otherwise though.

Claymore - As well as being a fairly predicatable kill to the oppo don't have hacker on. When they do have hacker on it tells you where the enemy are. When you get told your equipment is gone you know where the enemy is, and that they are probably re-loading.

So Mr Racer. Take from that what you will.

Kiss
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 5:51 am

dam thats almost the exactly the same as mine sept i go with gali then AK47
but the rest is spot on What a Face
Back to top Go down
redhamuSLA
Fifth Nation
redhamuSLA

Nation Reputation : 23

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:32 am

Good posts, Leo & Kilmory. They both have something to be taken from them.

Leo talks about understanding & adaptability, which I believe to be VERY important. Understand both yourself & enemy and adapt to them in order to perform well.

Kil gives a great breakdown of his preferred classes & why.

I wanted to touch on the whole 'Warlord' thing. I also think a class with a silenced & dual mag-ed assault rifle might be a good idea. This could be a great idea if you are able to avoid head up 1v1's. This, however, takes situational awareness.

From what I've read the last couple of pages, many people have mentioned the fast reload benefit of SoH, but no one has mentioned the quick ADS once you pro it. THIS attribute is extremely important in those 1v1's, 1v2's & potentially 1v3's. LOL. It might seem like a minor benefit, but it can make a world of a difference, IMO. Something to consider anyways...
Back to top Go down
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:17 am

Hardline
Steady Aim
Hacker

That is all that I ever used.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Porky

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:27 am

But people just tend to stand still as though they are scared and glued to the spot when they see the name Hoos. Laughing

I saw a glitch where people were out of map today, can't remember the name of the map, but it's the one with the beach???
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:30 am

All I used was two different classes

AK-74U (w/silencer and grip)
Law
Ghost Pro (Stops me getting killed by killstreaks)
Warlord Pro (Two Attachments)
Hacker (Find the equipment)

Helps me take down AA and keeps me hidden from killstreaks, and keeps me off radar. Running in bursts and waiting, definatly a class for the midrange.

AUG (Dual Mag and Reflex Scope)
LAW
Scavenger Pro (For extra ammo and grenade refills)
Warlord Pro (As above)
Hacker (As above)

Spend more time on this class getting killed shooting down the killstreaks.

Doesn't matter what you use, its how you use it. Spend most of your time running/sprinting around the map your gonna get killed. Spend to much time in one place your gonna get killed. Not knowing where you enemy is your gonna get killed.

I am never consistent in my game play, one day I'd 20-4 next day I would go 3-25. It doesn't matter how you choose your load-out and game style cause half the time it comes down to who has the better connection and the quicker draw and knows where people bunch and uses that to their advantage.
Back to top Go down
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:39 am

Porky wrote:
But people just tend to stand still as though they are scared and glued to the spot when they see the name Hoos. Laughing

That is my Samuel L Jackson perk.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 2:31 pm

Samuel L. Jackson Perk Description. Reads simply, "We need to pwn these COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 860619 COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 860619 noobs in this COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 860619 COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 860619 game!"
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Loyalist
Loyalist
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 3:14 pm

Hahahha, I love it!
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 3:18 pm

The Pro version removes all weapons. All you need to do is look at the enemy and they fall over in terror.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 211

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 3:30 pm

If that's the case, then I see people use it all the time. Usually after I've put half a clip into them. Rolling Eyes
Pointed out nicely here.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Yea, this game is horribly coded. It was supposed to run on the MW engine but Infinity Ward wouldn't hand over the engine. So, Treyarch had to modify their W@W engine. Many of these same hit detection problems were on W@W as well.

You can really see the hit detection problem when you are sniping. I've gotten kills when I know that I've missed the guy. I've also been dead on target many times only to get nothing. It's insanely frustrating because when you snipe long enough you know what is a hit and what isn't.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Loyalist
Loyalist
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: COD: Black Ops Thread   COD: Black Ops Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:22 pm

if you know you lag in this game,never try knifing... ever. you will not be able to do it unless the target is sationary
Back to top Go down

COD: Black Ops Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top